WBV MACHINES (Whole Body Vibration

Options
Has anyone tried or have had any experience with the WBV (Whole Body Vibration) machines. The companies that we are looking at all state that you can lose weight and tone your body just by standing on these machines that vibrate.

Replies

• beachlover317
    beachlover317 Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    I thought they were gone back in the 60s. I guess if they really worked, they would have stayed around. I'm always a little skeptical of products that claim to do the work for you.
  • _KitKat_
    _KitKat_ Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    The red light bed at my gym has the vibration machine built in, It made me laugh and think of the ladies with the rubber belt around their middles vibrating. Not sure if it works for toning or weight loss, but after a hard day of the gym it did relieve some muscle soreness. I would go by the "too good to be true" adage.
  • ElizabethFuller
    ElizabethFuller Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    At my gym there is a vibration plate machine, I've never used it but people seem to just stand on it in a half squat position. I can't see what good it's doing but it looks pretty funny.:wink:
  • andersonhvac
    Options
    Hello, if you search WBV Reviews on the internet, you will get all kinds of people saying how they tone your body and help you to lose weight. I have tried a few sessions so far and it seems to be helping my body. I can feel it in my muscles.
    I don't think too many people of actually purchased one of these machines so its hard to get any feedback.

Thanks

Dean
  • andersonhvac
    Options
    These machines are very popular but the theory is hard to confirm.

Thanks

Dean
  • andersonhvac
    Options
    Thanks anyway.

Dean
  • alliover
    alliover Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The whole body vibration machines today use a totally different technology than the machines from the 60's. There have been tons of research studies done on WBV and it's benefits, and in fact the University of Calgary is currently doing it's own study into WBV. Here's the link to an article that was in the Calgary Herald not long ago..... http://www.calgaryherald.com/health/Better+stop+sneering+those+body+vibration+machines/9044907/story.html

I've been using WBV for the last two years and it's amazing! I've been using it for pain relief (arthritis) and have discovered all sorts of side benefits, like sleeping better, better balance, stronger leg muscles, more energy.... to name just a few.

As for using it as a weight loss tool ....hate to burst anyone's bubble but there is no magic answer. The only way it will help you lose weight is if you're using it in conjunction with healthy eating habits but WBV will definitely help you tone as you lose weight.

For those of you who are skeptical.... try it before you judge :-)