Do this all from "home"

Options
Just wondering who else is trying to reach their goal without the gym. Closes gym to me is 40min away. I have a treadmill and stationary bike. I play volleyball, snowboard, cross country ski. I have a couple work out DVDs. What does everyone else do from home?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I have a bar, bench and rack with plates. Also a treadmill. Fitnessblender.com, BeFit Channel on YouTube and blogilates.com are all good resources.
  • quiltlovinlisa
    quiltlovinlisa Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    I have a bar, bench and rack with plates. Also a treadmill. Fitnessblender.com, BeFit Channel on YouTube and blogilates.com are all good resources.

I don't have a bench or bar with plates but I do have barbells in varying weights that I'm using. I second fitnessblender and the BeFit channel. There's a LOT of resources out there offered for free, it's just a matter of finding what works for you. I also use some of the Leslie Sansone for my short days/rest days just so I can move. Walk/run at the park when I can. Do Pilates and love to ride my bike.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I have: barbell, plates, bench, squat rack, dumbbells. I haven't been in a gym in probably six months.
  • tapirfrog
    tapirfrog Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Dailey Method CD. It's saved my back, knees, and feet from shredding into tiny bits.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options
    I'm doing it from home and have been for over a year.

I have 2 sets of dumbbells, a barbell, a bench, a squat stand, and lots of plates of different weights. I am currently doing 5/3/1
  • mmel104
    Options
    I love Cathe Friedrich workouts at home! I run, have an aerobic step, bands, stability ball, free weights, barbell and bench. And pull up bar and kettle bell. At home, I mix weights, body weight exercises, cardio and plyos, do some crossfit style stuff... Never get bored. I quit going to a gym a while ago and don't really miss it.
  • SherryTeach
    SherryTeach Posts: 2,836 Member
    Options
    I love being home and my dog loves it too. I have a high quality treadmill, a stability ball, YouTube videos on a laptop attached to good speakers. I have light hand weights and my rebounder arrives later this week. Oh and I have a bike and a good leash for my dog.

All set.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    I've never set foot in a gym - at least not one where I'm required to pay for membership. I've worked out at home for years - no crowds, no sweaty machines, and no creepers in the shower room...
  • knittinlady
    knittinlady Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    I have an elliptical, a Bowflex, a few dumbbells and kettlebells, and youtube. :) So far, so good. Lost 35 pounds last year, and maintained. Trying to get the scale moving again; my goal weight is still 25 pounds away. But I'm focusing more on strength training now, so I know my weight will not go down very quickly, if at all.
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    tones of work out dvds even zumba. had weights, a heavey medcine ball, the big ball statabilty ball i think there called.weighted vest and yoga mat
  • dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Lost all my weight from home workouts. Dumbbells up to 25lbs, Turbo Fire, Focus T25, various Jillian Michaels dvds, Fitness Blender and Be Fit workouts on YouTube. Looking to add to my collection with a bench and a squat rack w/barbell and plates.
  • Mia_RagazzaTosta
    Mia_RagazzaTosta Posts: 4,885 Member
    Options
    I've never set foot in a gym - at least not one where I'm required to pay for membership. I've worked out at home for years - no crowds, no sweaty machines, and no creepers in the shower room...

Lies. I know of someone creeping around your shower.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    ftinessblender.com. This site is awesome so many workouts and either no or little equip and don't need much room. All free, apart from your internet connection
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    There's a gym within walking distance from my house, but I do everything from home. I run & walk outside, and do Nike Training Club and/or Fitness Blender workouts with dumbbells, and the occasional Kickboxing DVD. If I had the space and cash I'd have a bench and the heavy weights, but I do my best with what I've got for now.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I have yet to ever set foot inside a gym. I have a WiiU balance board, a Wii Fit Meter, my two feets, a yoga mat, youtube and a dumbbell. You don't need a gym.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I work purely from home; I haven't set foot in a gym since I was a kid.

Pullup bar, mat, and a few moderate size DB's is all I need. And I don't use the DB's a whole lot, most of what I do is bodyweight work.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Pull up bar, set of rings, & parallettes. All workouts at home & run at the parks.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options

Lies. I know of someone creeping around your shower.

Well, only certain people are allowed to creep around my shower.
  • KayteeBear
    KayteeBear Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I have a 5x8 foot floor space, a yoga mat and a set of 3 to 8 pound dumbells...that's my gym. I don't have access to a gym, nor time to drive there, nor money to workout there so I've always exercised at home (started at 14 years old in my bedroom lol)
  • watchhillgirl
    watchhillgirl Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    get the app nike training. Great workouts!! You can do them at home with little or no weights..