A Lil Motivation from a Fat Girl (with PICS!!!)

Options
Hey all!!!

So, there is an Infamous (notorious??) Mountain near my house that all of the super FIT people go to hike every weekend. I mean literally HUNDREDS of people visit the peak every day. I had heard about it and it always struck a chord of FEAR through my body. One day I was driving along the main road through my city and I looked up at the peak. IT LOOKED IMPOSSIBLE!!!!!!! I'm like "People WALK to that place????" LOL

1517680_10151956471403462_1159895426_n.jpg

BUT the damned thing CALLED TO ME I TELL YA!!!! SOOoooooo, I decided that with the new year I would CHALLENGE myself to take on the hardest thing I could find and to BEAT THE HELL OUT OF IT!!!! This would be the STARTING POINT of my NEW YEAR!!! If I could SURVIVE THIS CHALLENGE then I knew that 1. I could take on anything that came out me for the rest of the year and 2. I knew I was capable of GREAT things! So, I gathered up some brave friends and GOT OUT THERE!!!

IT....WASSSSSS....FRICKIN......GRUELING I TELL YOU!!!!!!! THREE DARNED NEAR VERTICAL MILES!!!!!!!

1524876_10151955985273462_1226865532_n.jpg

IT WAS SOOO ROCKY!!! I thought about how easy it would be just to turn around and go back. I mean we had come REALLY far already...there was a TON to be proud of!!! HELL, I'm 335 pounds!!!! Do you know what a HUGE VICTORY that is???? A 44 year old woman, over 300lbs making it THAT FAR up that mountain!!!????? SURELY I had earned the right to turn back??? SURELY people would think I was a ROCKSTAR???!!! I mean look at all these other thin people huffing and puffing and barely making it!!!

But I kept going. Sometimes taking only about 15 steps and then resting...15 steps and then resting...8 steps and then resting. We each supported each other and motivated each other to continue on.

600_321134092.jpeg
THAT'S ME ON THE RIGHT IN THE WHITE TSHIRT AND BLACK SWEATS WITH MY HANDS ON MY HIPS TRYING MY HARDEST NOT TO DIE!!!!

And you know what??

1554349_10151955985613462_665719140_n.jpg

FOUR HOURS LATER WE REACHED THE TOP!!!!

600_321260162.jpeg

I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO PROUD OF MYSELF IN MY LIFE!!!!

1601329_10151955985998462_1743157582_n.jpg

KEEP PUSHING PEOPLE!!!! YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU CAN DO UNTIL YOU GET OUT OF YOUR OWN WAY!!!

Replies

• DragonflyF15
    DragonflyF15 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! You should be proud of yourself :)
  • Gretch33
    Gretch33 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I can see why you took that walk! That is amazing sights! We all need a bit of fresh air to slow us down! Great Job!
  • sejalnigam
    sejalnigam Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    well done !
  • katesnewbody
    katesnewbody Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    you're amazing! :D
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE this post! I admire you for STARTING your year with an awesome feat and not just PLANNING to do some awesome feat. Way to go! I fully believe you can do anything you set your mind to! :drinker:
  • nonnahs123
    nonnahs123 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You're awesome!!
  • Timonsmom
    Options
    Congratulations on a job well done!!! :happy: That's pretty awesome and what a great accomplishment for you to start the New Year. What will your next challenge be?
  • kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    Great job!
  • emmasage2u
    emmasage2u Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! That is really cool and great views, too. I understand your initial fear, but this is the sort of activity I miss now that I am fat and have bad knees I'll get there eventually.
  • cakebatter07
    cakebatter07 Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    What an awesome story! And such a great start for you for this new year! Thanks for posting! :smile:

Btw, you should be very proud of yourself! :drinker:
  • Rebecca1552
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiring story and pics... what an amazing accomplishment!! :smile:
  • AlwaysInMotion
    AlwaysInMotion Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Rock on, Starchile, rock on!!!
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Incredible inspiration! You're absolutely right: You can take on anything that comes at you for the rest of the year and you ARE capable of GREAT things! Well done!!!
  • andysmom
    andysmom Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm curious... How long did it take? (There's one by my house I'd like to tackle, too!)
  • boatsie77
    boatsie77 Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    rocky.jpg

HOOOORAYY FOR YOU!!! YOU are sooooooooo ROCKY!!
  • BlubbinBlubber
    BlubbinBlubber Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    what an accomplishment!! way to go :)
  • starchile
    starchile Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    @andysmom: It was a 3 mile hike up hill and then another 3 miles downhill (6mile loop) and it took us about 4hrs to get up and nearly 2 to get back down. I read on their website tho that the average time is 5 hrs for the loop.
  • starchile
    Options
    @boatsie77: SO FUNNY THAT YOU SAY THAT!! My friend played the Rocky theme on her phone when we got to the top!! LOL

Thank you for the love!
  • starchile
    Options
    THANK YOU EVERYONE!!!!
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I love this! Congrats on your accomplishment and thanks for sharing your story and your pictures. Keep up the great work and keep knocking down those mountains!