Chocolate...

Options

Replies

• dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    Chocolate?

j/king.

I like to eat Reese's Cups, Dark Chocolate in various flavors, Brookside in either Pomegranate or Goji (they can be rather expensive), Oreos, or any other chocolate flavored cookie.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    What do you eat when you NEED something chocolate? I'll have the occasional fun sized kit kat, but I'm looking to cut out even that. any suggestions/easy recipes?

Kinzie

My suggestion is that you NOT cut out your fun size kit kat, but rather scan/analyze your food diary for places where you might fit in the occasional monthly, weekly, or daily chocolate treat according to your needs.
  • Hauntinglyfit
    Hauntinglyfit Posts: 5,537 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate. Preferably Lindt.
  • msf74
    msf74 Posts: 3,498 Member
    Options
    I have a very simple technique for dealing with cravings like this. I give myself absolute permission to eat whatever it is, in any amount I like. Just not right away. I will give myself a set time to eat it from when I am desiring it. Say an hour or two from when I begin wanting it.

When that time comes I find that I either don't want it any more or I eat much less of it or the time passes and I have forgotten about it completely.

The thought of deprivation gives an item more power than it actually deserves.
  • SlimSumday
    SlimSumday Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I eat Brookside dark chocolate covered fruit. One packet is only 90 calories..... :smile:
  • cmg07664
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • CrazyAnne
    CrazyAnne Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    What do you eat when you NEED something chocolate? I'll have the occasional fun sized kit kat, but I'm looking to cut out even that. any suggestions/easy recipes?

Kinzie

I eat chocolate when I need chocolate.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    this is probably gonna get a lot of hate.
    on some days i want the whole chocolate in the afternoon for example. then if have around 600 cals of chocolate, i'll eat veggies,fruit and egg whites for the rest of my day.
    it's all about the calories
  • Nutella91
    Options
    oh, and i'm fit and perfectly healthy
  • bpotts44
    bpotts44 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options

Kinzie

dark chocolate 85%
  • Marshmaster
    Marshmaster Posts: 19 Member
    Options

Show off! :smile:
  • ygstzip
    ygstzip Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I eat 2 fingers of Kit Kat when I got a craving for it.
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Cookies. Ice cream. Brownies. Candy bars.

Basically whatever I'm hankering for.
  • Nutella91
    Options

Show off! :smile:
    I'm just saying a little (or a little more) chocolate never killed anyone *blush*
  • afat12
    afat12 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Eat something really decadent not just a kitkat get the craving out of your system. Chocolate cravings usually indicate your body wants magnesium. :smile:
  • TwoPointZero
    TwoPointZero Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Scharffenberger, 70-80%, or equivalent. Took a while to get used to, but now . . . good stuff. I have a small piece most days. :)
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Eat chocolate ;)

I like Equal Exchange Spicy Hot Cocoa. I have that with with whole milk and it comes out to 220 cals. The spiciness and the richness of the milk make it very satisfying.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Chocolate dipped in Chocolate!
  • monty619
    monty619 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    i eat chocolate every day... chocolate protein powder. if you dont put it in a shake mix some with a little bit of water and make it the texture of peanutbutter and spread on bread like nutella or eat with a spoon like puding
  • Sylvitryinghard
    Sylvitryinghard Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid chocolate since I saw in a magazine that chocolate contains chemical oil.

What works for me is a cup of cappuccino or chai latte vanilla cinnamon, that kinda stuff.

Or I just eat it. and ENJOY it