Too Much Protein

Options
hmmking
hmmking Posts: 6 Member
I seem to always go over my protein limit. Not by a lot, but it happens pretty often. Does anyone know how much of a problem this is?

Replies

• hmmking
    hmmking Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I seem to always go over my protein limit. Not by a lot, but it happens pretty often. Does anyone know how much of a problem this is?
  • aprilsmith1979
    Options
    No But I would like to know as well because I do that as well....
  • deanea
    deanea Posts: 1,437
    Options
    It is not a problem, this site does not take into consideration individual muscle mass etc... you would have to go over quite a bit for it to be an issue.

Anne
  • bstubby122
    Options
    As long as you are drinking plenty of water, your body should flush what protein it doesn't need.
  • watermelon
    watermelon Posts: 76
    Options
    Well i dont know how far its true but too much protein is not really recommented for females by doctors
    my trainer recommends the ratio 40:40:20 or 35:45:15 ie Carb:protein:fat... its healthy...and helps wgt loss cuz in the long run too much protein can be harmful unless you are a professional bodybuilder...
  • carvan
    carvan Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Well i dont know how far its true but too much protein is not really recommented for females by doctors
    my trainer recommends the ratio 40:40:20 or 35:45:15 ie Carb:protein:fat... its healthy...and helps wgt loss cuz in the long run too much protein can be harmful unless you are a professional bodybuilder...

Good to know, as I was alloted only 10% protein and didn't find it enough. Will change my settings to the first one now