Olive Garden Date Night!

Options
Yes! I LOVE Olive Garden :) I looked online and am planning ahead. I plan on having 2 of their YUMMY breadsticks, a serving of their Garden Fresh Salad, and the Venetian Apricot Chicken entree & water with lemon to drink...... YUMMY! I will be staying withing my calories for the day, but my sodium levels will be off the chart today. Oh well, I will just eat less sodium for the next couple of days. No biggie :)

That's the key to not sabotaging all your efforts from the previous week.... PLAN AHEAD! :)

PLUS, if I workout today at all, that's just some extra calories for dessert (if I'm even still hungry!).

Replies

• princesslmc2
    princesslmc2 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Love it - gotta have a plan! And it's a great plan at that. Great job!

And as for the extra sodium, drink an extra glass of water at dinner before heading out. :)
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    Good for you for planning ahead. As for the sodium...just be sure to drinks lots and lots of water.
  • MonsteRawr
    MonsteRawr Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    The husband and I have found planning ahead to be one of the keys to safely eating out. It lessens the temptation the comes from all the sights and smells of naughty food!

Have fun on your date night!
  • kmtetour
    kmtetour Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I do stuff like that all the time! Last night my mom and I ate at Roti Mediterranean Grill, and I checked out their nutrition online before we went to select what I would eat. (although, if you're going to eat "fast food," Roti is the way to go)
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Oh Olive Garden is one of my favorite place. I'm new to this...gonna have to try to plan ahead, it sounds like a great idea!
  • rmeadows71
    Options
    Everyone gives me a hard time because I am always "planning" my meals, whether at home or out to eat...I believe if you have a plan then you are more likely to stick to it and not sabotage all your hard work. Some days I even enter my entire days worth of food first thing in the morning so I know what I have left for snacks!
  • jfarmer1118
    Options
    Always remember the 5P's: Prior Planning Prevents Poor Performance :)
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your date night, don't worry too much about counting each calorie. But going in there with a plan is a good idea, too bad Olive Garden is horrible.

I am always amazed by the number of tourists I see here in NYC who go to Olive Garden in Times Square. NYC is loaded with some of the best Italian restaurants outside of Italy and yet you see a line onto the street for fast food Italian.

sorry for the rant... I recount this conversation with my wife every time she says lets go get soup, salad and bread sticks for lunch!

:flowerforyou:
  • jfarmer1118
    Options
    Enjoy your date night, don't worry too much about counting each calorie. But going in there with a plan is a good idea, too bad Olive Garden is horrible.

I am always amazed by the number of tourists I see here in NYC who go to Olive Garden in Times Square. NYC is loaded with some of the best Italian restaurants outside of Italy and yet you see a line onto the street for fast food Italian.

sorry for the rant... I recount this conversation with my wife every time she says lets go get soup, salad and bread sticks for lunch!

:flowerforyou:

I have to agree with you. The only thing I really like from Olive Garden is the Ravioli di Portobello. Even in Orlando there are some REALLY good Italian restaurants that are the same price as Olive Garden and the food is amazing. I've been trying hard to move away from chain restaurants in general and find great local restaurants. It's amazing what's out there if you just look. :)
  • Lisa__Michelle
    Lisa__Michelle Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    I always get the Cappellini Pomodoro! It is one of the "healthy" options and It is sooo good. I actually like it better than the more fattening meals! You should try that sometime. Last time I went our breadsticks were hard and sucked so I only ate half of one. Maybe next time in order to avoid temptation, when they take our drink order if nobody else wants them, I'll say no breadsticks.