bloating

Options
Hi, I've just joined tonight and I'd love to hear from anyone who suffers with bloating. Thanks everyone.

Replies

• sweetpee08
    Options
    Not an issue that I have but I will say that it could be due to the natural gases certain foods give off, then get trapped in your digestive tract. I would say try and water based drink that will help calm your digestive system and flush out those toxins. Simplest recipe I've used is 1 1/2 liters of water, a cucumber sliced, a lemon sliced, a tbsp of grated ginger root, and 2-4 fresh mint leaves. Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and let is sit over night, drain and drink the water liquid throughout the next day. If you do that for about a week you should start to see and feel a difference. Off hand two of the main foods that I know of that will cause bloating are bananas and broccoli...great for you but can cause bloating and ...hope that helps, and feel free to friend me
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    Not an issue that I have but I will say that it could be due to the natural gases certain foods give off, then get trapped in your digestive tract. I would say try and water based drink that will help calm your digestive system and flush out those toxins. Simplest recipe I've used is 1 1/2 liters of water, a cucumber sliced, a lemon sliced, a tbsp of grated ginger root, and 2-4 fresh mint leaves. Mix all ingredients in a pitcher and let is sit over night, drain and drink the water liquid throughout the next day. If you do that for about a week you should start to see and feel a difference. Off hand two of the main foods that I know of that will cause bloating are bananas and broccoli...great for you but can cause bloating and ...hope that helps, and feel free to friend me
    too…much…nonsense...
  • MoreBean13
    MoreBean13 Posts: 8,701 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about digestive system bloating or overall bloating, like from too much sodium, or menstrual bloating?

Digestive system: Try probiotics and try to figure out what food(s) are giving you trouble and eliminate it.

Sodium: Try increasing dietary potassium and reducing sodium intake

Menstrual: Wait a few days. Maybe yell at someone and eat a chocolate bar.

ETA: Odd, OP deactivated. This doesn't even seem like a deactivation-worthy thread.
  • lilsis10
    lilsis10 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I've dealt with bloating for many years. No one thing took away all of the bloating, but each thing took away a little more.
    The first thing I did was to eliminate bubbly drinks. The last one I had was in October of 2005. I still miss them, but I don't drink them and I bloat less. That is the only thing I have cut out completely from my diet. One doc told me to add fiber (Benefiber) and another told me to take Miralax.
    I notice a change with each new thing I do. The Miralax is like a laxative, but it mostly helps you go instead of making you go. I wouldn't do the Miralax unless you check with your doc. You have to adjust the dosage until you find a happy medium.
    Another thing I've done is limit (but not completely given up) junk carbs and dairy. I started using almond milk. At first I'd use 1 part regular milk to 1 part almond milk and gradually increased the almond milk to where I can drink it alone.
    I'm not sure which of these things is the most responsible, but I feel so much better now, it's worth it for me.
    I hope this helps and that you find something that works for you.
  • madisonpaige2411
    Options
    Are you talking about digestive system bloating or overall bloating, like from too much sodium, or menstrual bloating?

Digestive system: Try probiotics and try to figure out what food(s) are giving you trouble and eliminate it.

Sodium: Try increasing dietary potassium and reducing sodium intake

Menstrual: Wait a few days. Maybe yell at someone and eat a chocolate bar.

ETA: Odd, OP deactivated. This doesn't even seem like a deactivation-worthy thread.

that chocolate bar deal is the worst advice anyone could give, especially woman to woman. trust me, that will only add more bloat and weight to lose after the menstruation stops.