Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Dupe - nothing to see here.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    o FDA just acknowledged Splenda is more dangerous than originally thought. No s**t.
    o FAA regulates pilots who cannot drink soda with aspartame for 24 hours before flying as aspartame affects cognitive reasoning.
    o Any drink with the word "Diet" on it causes weight gain because your body is so messed up with toxic chemical it has to flush & sugar levels get messed up, Bam, insulin levels goes up, Bam body stores energy in form of fat...
    o 38 western countries have banned most artificial sweeteners

Just quit and add many healthy years to your life.

Strong first post.

:laugh:
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Have you considered Teen Challenge?

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    fizzy pop contains sweeteners.these are drugs used in the prevention of ulcers...they were found to be sweet and consequently added to all food...they are also a laxative and should never be given to children.
    the super sweetness of these drinks make natural sugared food like fruit taste bitter therefore they alter the taste of all food.

my best advice is to pour it down the loo...not as a wastage but as a cleaner leave it overnight it cleans the loo...strips the limescale away.

now think of your teeth and gut...do you really want to drink a loo cleaner

No idea if they are, but what about ;these are drugs used in the prevention of ulcers' makes it bad?

They were found to be sweet? So are strawberries.

Laxative? So are prunes, grapes, bananas, nuts and kiwifruit - better not give that to kids either then. As is fiber, water and exercise if you think of it.

I use water also in my loo...better avoid that also.
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

If that were indeed the case, it would not be approved by the FDA. That is a very broad statement. I have yet to see an obituary that listed cause of death as "aspartame poisoning." Cite your sources.

Have you ever watched a drug commercial and heard the side effects of things that are approved by the FDA? "Fatal Events May Occur". What do you suppose that means?

Do you really think they actually care if something kills you? As long as they can throw out a disclaimer stating the side effects they've covered their butts.
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    Try pronouncing the ingredients. If you can do it successfully, then you can drink it.

I quit Diet Coke cold turkey last year. It really wasn't that difficult. Drink water instead!

arrested-development-lucille-sure.gif

do you employ this same brilliant idea when you eat malted milk balls and york peppermint patties?
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options
    do you employ this same brilliant idea when you eat malted milk balls and york peppermint patties?

Actually the ingredients on both aren't that hard to pronounce.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    Aspartme studies from 50's and 60's show it will kill you, by causing tumors. Also increases unhealthy gut bacteria, which causes belly fat (increases in Candida - a bacterial parasite which makes you crave crabs, sugar etc)
    Link the actual studies for peer review please.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    By the same standards, can't see many eating one of these.... while my Coke Zero can is fine (it would seem the more you're into science, the more you can consume!)...

water, glucose, fructose, galactose, phenolic glycosides, 6-deoxyaldohexoses (fuctose and rhamnose), saccharose, galacturonans, (1-4) linked D-galactopiranuronic acid, pectin, pectinic acids, polygalacturonic acids, pectinestarase, Citric Acid, L-Malic Acid, D-Isocitric Acid, Oxalic Acid, Succinic Acid, Malonic Acid, Quinic Acid, Tartaric Acid, Adipic Acid, 2-ketogluratic Acid, praline, asparagines, aspartic acid, serine, glutamic acid and arginine. oxidoreductases, transferases, hydrolases and lyases, isomerases and ligases, glucosilglucerides, Carotenoids, tetraterpenes, limonin, aslimonoic acid A-ring lactone, neohesperidosides, flavones (3-hydroxyflavanones, 3-dydroxyflavones, O-glycosyl, aglycones C-glycosylflavones, Anthocyanins, (hesperidin, naringin, poncirin, neoheriocitrin, neohesperidin, rhoifolin, rutin, diosmin, sinensetin, auranetin, tangeritin, hydroxyethylrutinosideres, nobiletin cyanidin-3-glucoside, cyanidina-3.5-diglucoside, peonidin-5-glucoside, delphinidin-3-glucoside, petunidin-3-glucoside, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Pholacine, Vitamin B6, Thiamine, Riboflavin, Biotin, Pantotenic acid, Vitamin A.

Yep, that's the "ingredients list" in an orange.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    It is scientifically proven that the aspartame in Diet Coke will cause you to grow a third arm.
  • JoshuaL86
    JoshuaL86 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    Aspartme studies from 50's and 60's show it will kill you, by causing tumors. Also increases unhealthy gut bacteria, which causes belly fat (increases in Candida - a bacterial parasite which makes you crave crabs, sugar etc)
    From the 50s huh? Nice to know they were studying aspartame before it was invented...

Thanks to the Doctor! :)
  • JackiSto
    JackiSto Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Full-on Diet Coke addict here - it's free at work, and I won't even disclose how much I was drinking per day. I've been a big diet soda drinker for years and have read lots of articles on impact. Google around and you'll find all kinds of information and alleged issues aspartame causes. I for one do happen to believe the increasing number of first-hand accounts and reports I've seen linking aspartame to migraines/headaches and other maladies. You can believe what you wish - regardless if you think of aspartame as a powdered chemical that's sprinkled into what you're consuming it does seem kind of gross.

Other articles I have found extremely interesting discuss the interaction aspartame has with your body/metabolism/whatever and producing insulin, trickery around sugar levels, and what that can do to weight gain. I'm obvious NOT an expert or even that knowledgeable, but it's enough to make think that consuming a lot of this stuff just isn't a great idea. In short, if my gut reaction to quitting or limiting something to such a degree is one of pride, it seems like the right decision.

That said, I still freaking love my diet coke. I've cut back to one can a day, and I'm perfectly content with that.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

Actually the ingredients on both aren't that hard to pronounce.

Does that mean someone with a lisp should stick to a raw food diet?
  • cabrerva
    cabrerva Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. The only real solution is to start lowering your intake. I used to buy the small cans to satisfy the craving once a day or so. Now I no longer drink it. We got a Sodastream machine, and make Seltzer Water. I put Crystal lights packs in it to give it flavor. It's way better than anything you can buy at the store :-)
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have successfully given it up recently - I'm boycotting all Coca-cola products on moral grounds due their sponsorship of the Sochi Olympics. I am trying to boycott all of the major sponsors, although it is proving to be nigh on impossible to boycott Visa. For me, doing something for the greater good of the LGBT community has proven to be a much more powerful motivator than any amount of bro-science about aspartame.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I have successfully given it up recently - I'm boycotting all Coca-cola products on moral grounds due their sponsorship of the Sochi Olympics. I am trying to boycott all of the major sponsors, although it is proving to be nigh on impossible to boycott Visa. For me, doing something for the greater good of the LGBT community has proven to be a much more powerful motivator than any amount of bro-science about aspartame.

Guess that means no watching Duck Dynasty then, eh?
  • Smiler106
    Smiler106 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Guess that means no watching Duck Dynasty then, eh?

I've never even heard of Duck Dynasty, I had to google it. I don't think it is televised over here in the UK, thankfully.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options

I always crave crab in the summer. It's too cold to sit at a picnic table picking crab right now.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. The only real solution is to start lowering your intake. I used to buy the small cans to satisfy the craving once a day or so. Now I no longer drink it. We got a Sodastream machine, and make Seltzer Water. I put Crystal lights packs in it to give it flavor. It's way better than anything you can buy at the store :-)

Isn't this pretty much the same thing as diet pop?
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    I cut diet soda last year from January to May. Then I went back to it. I am again trying to cut down on it. I've already gotten myself off of bread, now I'm working on soda.

I wish us both luck!:grumble: :frown: