Insanity

Options
Hey ladies I am a newbie but have read quite a few of these forums on google.

I was curious - Is anyone or has anyone started insanity recently? I'm kinda lookiing for a boost.

Hubby is doing it with me - fitness test was lastnight however he's not taking it as seriously as I am

5ft 91.6kg - female

xx:smooched:

Replies

• nikti94
    Options
    Hello! I started 5 days ago with my sister I really like it. I live a pretty sedentary lifestyle and although the workouts absolutely kill and are insane I find its already given me more energy.
    How do you feel about the program so far? :)
    Cheers and good luck on your journey btw!
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    Although I am not a lady I have just started Insanity today. It is as hard and brutal as it looks on the adverts for it. I started it a while back but got injured playing football so i stopped doing it so i could recover. I was only 2 weeks into it when i could already feel the difference in my Cardio. Keep it up and you will also feel a difference
  • katewro
    Options
    I just started Insanity on Friday, 1/3/14, so my first official workout was Saturday! I love it so far. Good luck!
  • mummyjonno
    mummyjonno Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, nice to know I'm not being insane alone haha!!

Fitness test I went longer than I thought I was - although had to stop as the underside of my foot (middle) was hurting. It turns out I have the wrong trainers for my feet and the new more suitable one's arrive tomorrow so I guess I shall start from the beginning then!!

I wish everyone loads of luck and lots of sweat :) xxx
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    I don't tend to wear anything other than socks when i'm doing it. That way it gives my feet a bit more freedom and flexability. Different people do things different ways. I just find this way better for me. I am doing Insanity and also thinking about doing a different work out later on during the day aswell and finishing the day off with a jog/run
  • Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I just finished my month1 of Insanity. This week is recovery week.
    For me I wasn't able to do all the workouts with the intensity the way people in DVD do.. but I kept at it. Modified my workouts just to keep up with them.
    Good Luck all!
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight 3 years ago by following a special diet that only allowed moderate exercise due to the calorie count. But, once I went into maintenance, I started Insanity. I was 43 years old and by the end of the two months, I was in the best shape I had been in since I was in high school (maybe better). My husband did it with me and his results were even better. We went to Mexico to celebrate and use those pictures as our inspiration. Last year, in January, we did another round of Insanity and again went to Mexico. We have just started our next full round of insanity (Jan 1). Today I start week 2. We go to Mexico on March 31st. Hope be ripped by then. This year we are following his menu as best we can AND my 8 and 12 year old are eating with us and doing part of the workout. It's funny to see my 8 and 12 year old struggle as their nearly 45 year old mother is kicking butt. My 8 year old is quite athletic and I can see his shoulder and ab muscles. They are learning about healthy foods and exercise by our example and that is the best pay off of all.

The older I get, the harder it gets but the payoff is AWESOME. I do Shaun T's 30 minute workout (T30) during the year and run when I travel. But, I am never in as good of shape as I am when I finish 60 days of full blown Insanity!

I love Shaun T.
  • Jamie23Durkin
    Options
    I just finished my month1 of Insanity. This week is recovery week.
    For me I wasn't able to do all the workouts with the intensity the way people in DVD do.. but I kept at it. Modified my workouts just to keep up with them.
    Good Luck all!
    You will have to remember that when they are making these DVDs the people working out in them will have already been doing this for a while. I think its a shame that they only use people in such DVDs that have already got the body they want and don't use people who want to get that body. We all seem to be below par compared to those guys. Well done though for sticking in at it and not quitting like so many other people i know
  • Khushi22
    Khushi22 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I hit my goal weight 3 years ago by following a special diet that only allowed moderate exercise due to the calorie count. But, once I went into maintenance, I started Insanity. I was 43 years old and by the end of the two months, I was in the best shape I had been in since I was in high school (maybe better). My husband did it with me and his results were even better. We went to Mexico to celebrate and use those pictures as our inspiration. Last year, in January, we did another round of Insanity and again went to Mexico. We have just started our next full round of insanity (Jan 1). Today I start week 2. We go to Mexico on March 31st. Hope be ripped by then. This year we are following his menu as best we can AND my 8 and 12 year old are eating with us and doing part of the workout. It's funny to see my 8 and 12 year old struggle as their nearly 45 year old mother is kicking butt. My 8 year old is quite athletic and I can see his shoulder and ab muscles. They are learning about healthy foods and exercise by our example and that is the best pay off of all.

The older I get, the harder it gets but the payoff is AWESOME. I do Shaun T's 30 minute workout (T30) during the year and run when I travel. But, I am never in as good of shape as I am when I finish 60 days of full blown Insanity!

I love Shaun T.

"...this $h!!T is bananas yo!!!" I love Shaun T too.
    So proud of you.. involving all your family in workouts & eating right. :):)
    What is your diet like?
  • Toenges1
    Toenges1 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I (we) are using the Inanity guide for meal plans. There are some on there we don't like…but, some great choices too. Just started a blog. Feel free to check it out. Listed some food choices, but will be adding recipes soon.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Toenges1
  • mummyjonno
    mummyjonno Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I found out yesterday that many ladies do insanity in their knickers and bras!!! I couldn't help but giggle at the but I suppose each to their own.

I had tons of issue's besides the foot, my pants kept falling down (bought more today that have much better hold and are so comfy) and then my asthma decided to show up!

Onwards and upwards. I don't think I'll ever be able to jump with both feet off the ground like in the fitness test but everything else isn't too tricky.

I plan to do a bike work out at lunchtime everyday too so that should make up for the bits of insanity that I can't do xxx