Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

5'8-6'1 lady success stories?

I am 6'0 tall with extremely long legs and a short torso. I am curious to see if anyone as success stories with the same body frame as me!

Replies

• squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Jealous of your extremely long legs! I am 5'8" with normal leg length. I'm not a success yet but so far have gone from HW: 174 to CW: 154 with a GW: of 135. I am eager to follow this thread! Us taller ladies tend to lose weight a little differently than the petite gals I think.
  • Future_Mrs_Philipp
    Future_Mrs_Philipp Posts: 18 Member
    My SW is 190 and my goal is 160. I totally agree that taller ladies lose weight differently. Everyone keeps telling me that i don't need to lost weight, but they aren't seeing what I see when I look in the mirror!!
  • Hello also short torso looooong legs :). I am 5'8". Running and spinning is were I started then slimmed out cardio and now focusing mostly on weights and cross fit. The weights is what really changed my body, really want bigger glutes. I always had a horrible back and because of weights i now am able to see definition and have slimmed down a lot. I will continue to increase my weights and work on getting even more definition...
  • cm1458
    cm1458 Posts: 742 Member
    I am 5'9.5 with long legs as well.
    Starting Weight: 263
    Current weight:182
    Lowest Weight (Pre-depo provera): 155
    Goal weight:160

Not a success YET. I got down to 155 three summers ago and I was happiest there but I got tons crap from my family telling me I was "too skinny" so I gained 5lbs and they left me alone for a while and I was happy there, too.
    I'm hoping to get to 160 again but It is much harder this time after Depo and a hormone disorder. I've been off of it for over two years but I still can't lose the weight it made me put on.
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    I'm 5'9 with long legs and a short torso. I went from 202 to 136. At first, I set my goal to be 152, but I hit that benchmark and decided to lose more. I've hovered 135 (-/+ 5 lbs) for about the past two years now.
  • tabbyxxcat
    tabbyxxcat Posts: 102 Member
    Or perhaps progress story? :)

Height: 5'11" (and all leg, runs in the family!! :P)
    SW: 210
    CW: 162
    GW: 150

I have been fat all my life. I was fed up with myself and started losing weight using MFP (was featured somewhere) as a senior in high school, graduated 2012. Lost 46lbs, got down to 166 between February and September. Gained gradually all the way up to 174lbs until I rejoined MFP for good recently :D and have surpassed my lowest weight! Yay!

Before pictures:
    before1.jpg
    before2-1.jpg
    before3-1.jpg

During pictures: (I finally got gutsy enough to take my first shirtless progress pictures...)
    after3.jpg
    after2.jpg
    after1.jpg

(edited trying to resize lol not good at this)
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    I'm 5'10" and I started losing at 240 after being 145-150 when I finished high school. I'm currently at 167 and shooting for 150-155 (which is a 21-22%-ish body fat for me). My profile pic is at about 160 pounds, taken last year.

I have been logging on a different site for a long time now but I switched over to MFP a couple weeks ago. The community here seems to be a lot more active and (usually) nicer.
  • Kaken21
    Kaken21 Posts: 78 Member
    I'm 5'10 and all legs as well! Haha I started out at 255 and I'm now down to 195. I've still got a ways to go but I completely understand what your talking about and hopefully within the next 6-8 months I'll be a success story :)
  • Following!
    I am just starting MFP again. I am 5'11" with a large frame and a short torso.
    I'd like to have some tall friends, so feel free to add me :-)
  • 5'8 ALL LEGS... Pre baby weight 125. My weight now 175... I totally understand what you mean.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    5'8" equally torso and leg proportioned! I started at at least 250lbs. That's the point I stopped stepping on the scale. I currently as of this morning weigh 177.5lbs. My goal is 150-160lbs I think we will see where I end up!
  • tgibson0014
    tgibson0014 Posts: 9 Member
    Who has ever heard, "You're tall. You can carry it."? My response is "just because I can, doesn't mean I want to!" Can anyone relate? :)
  • MariaOLeary
    MariaOLeary Posts: 9 Member
    Ha! love the "you can carry it line". I might be able to carry it but don't want to buy clothes to cover it!!!

5'9, with weight right now at 181 hoping to get down to 155/160.

Age is a factor too, ladies. Dare I say the other side of 40 hasn't been pretty and as I approach 50, I am determined to get the defined tummy and toned arms/back/legs that I once took for granted.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member
    I'm 5'8 1/2 (yes, every little bit counts!). Also long legs and a short torso. Starting was 167. GW is 145, although, 140 would be even better!!
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    I'm 5 11. Short torso, long legs. SW 211. CW 177 goal is 150. I need tall friends add if inte9rested !!
  • sistrsprkl
    sistrsprkl Posts: 1,010 Member
    I'm 5'8 w/ longer torso. SW right after babies was about 200, CW 155, GW 135.
  • That's exactly what people tell me too. "You don't need to lose any weight" But yes I do...I'm 5' 11" and cw 190 my goal is to get around 145-160 depending on how my body looks after I've gotten to those goals.
  • sc193usa
    sc193usa Posts: 20 Member
    I'm 5'11". So close to being at goal! SW 175-180, CW 143, GW 140. I was aiming for 145, but still had some problem areas, so I'm going for 140 and assume I'll maintain around 143. (I have a tiny frame, I realize my goals are on the low end.) Next I'm planing on doing a body recomp and working on finding maintenance. If in the process I gain a few pounds but lose inches, that's fine by me! :smile:

Being tall does have it's own issues with weight loss. It takes a lot for a gain to be noticed, but also takes a lot for loss too! I think I was down about 20 pounds before anyone noticed. I'm actually a bit worried about finding clothes now. It was hard enough in the larger sizes, but now that I'm in smaller sizes nothing seems to be long enough !
  • michelleintx
    michelleintx Posts: 24 Member
    I'm 5'10" and don't know yet what my goal is. Lowest I remember being is 203. Just can't make it to Onederland. This is my time!
  • Indiri13
    Indiri13 Posts: 104 Member
    It was hard enough in the larger sizes, but now that I'm in smaller sizes nothing seems to be long enough !

I've really liked buying Miss Me jeans. They come in both tall and extra tall inseams. At 5'10" they actually have some pairs that are too long for me by a couple inches. Now if they were just a little cheaper...
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!