Fitbit Force- to buy or not?

Options
2»

Replies

• Imfineru
    Imfineru Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    You are supposed to wear it on your non dominant wrist, but if you need to wear on the dominant side, you are able to adjust the settings in your Fitbit account to accommodate the differences in movement.

It does not log your typing.
  • vlmay1955
    vlmay1955 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    I bought the Force 2 weeks ago (plenty of Star Wars jokes abound in my house...."I see you are using the force! Hahaha"). I needed something to keep me motivated to get up and move because I'm at a computer literally all day (I sit in front of one for 8 hours at work, then go home and sit for another 4-6 for grad school). I LOVE it. So far I have found it to be accurate for tracking walking, running, and since it has an altimeter, hiking (lots of going 'up' here in Colorado). The sleep tracker is only approximate, but fun to look at. I take mine off to shower but wear it for everything else. It needs charged about once a week and charges up super fast. I have the MFP apps on my phone and ipad, so I can easily sync up activity and calories. If you do an activity that the Force doesn't track well, such as ice skating, weight lifting, etc, you can go into the MFP activity tracker and tell it what you did and at what time of day you did it and how long, and it will compensate accordingly on the fitbit for calorie burn (although some people just take it off and track it here seperately). Best of all, if you exceed your step goal, the fitbit app will call you an overachiever. I sort of love that. :D

Good luck with your decision!!
    Lindsay

This pretty much sums up my feeling about the Force. I am VERY happy with it. Only thing it doesn't do that I wish it did is monitor heart rate. I imagine a newer version will eventually have this as well.