When was your last straw that made you want to change?

Options

Replies

• Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This last time, having only one pair of jeans fit out of the 5 I had for work - yup that did, happy to say that curving my food and drinking lots of water has help me detox a bit and I am done 3 lbs (of course I am not all bloated from all the sodium and stuff) and I got one of the non-fits on today
  • size8please1
    Options
    My husband said he would leave me. I've gained 60 pounds since I met him 5 years ago. And we have been putting off having children because of my weight. I want a happy family, he loves me and wants to have the old (skinny) me back. Back then I was always happy, always smiling. He told me I don't have that anymore and that I'm a different person now. Now THAT was the last straw.
  • Devasation
    Devasation Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    ..when I saw the scale hit 200 pounds. I'm 5'5" tall.
  • skvbrevity
    skvbrevity Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    The really nice winter pjs recieved as gift for Christmas, in what should be my size, are not comfortable.:sad:
  • donohoe4
    donohoe4 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I got pregnant when I was already pushing 300 pounds. I gained 55 lbs with my pregnancy and was having a hard time moving towards the end. I spent 13 hours in recovery after my c-section. I didn't see my daughter for the first 6 hours. My blood pressure was dangerously high. When I finally got out of recovery, I couldn't fit comfortably in a hospital bed with my 4 year old and newborn. I knew right then that I needed to get healthy. I couldn't let them grow up without a mother.

Two and a half weeks after my c-section, I stepped into the gym, toting the baby with me, and haven't looked back. It's not easy and It definately is not quick, but it is worth it!
  • Bikini_by_30
    Bikini_by_30 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I was on MFP last year and lost 35 pounds. Then I let life and excuses get in the way of eating healthy and I put the weight all back on in a short 6 months.
    The last straw for me, was realizing that all the great clothes I bought last year during my weight loss no longer fit me. :cry:

No more excuses and bursting out of my clothes. I ripped a pair of leggings yesterday... I mean come on, leggings? They're stretchy. LOL.

Would love any support and help in staying accountable! :happy:

Good luck on all your journies! Stay focused, we've got this!
  • AusAshMommy
    AusAshMommy Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    First physical in 5+ years - Dr did bloodwork - she didn't like the cholesterol numbers - thought to myself there's no way I am going to be 35 w/high cholesterol - decided right then and there to start making changes, didn't actually do anything until a bio-metric screening at work where the nurse told me once again my cholesterol was high, and then the one doing my physical measurements told me that my BMI was too high (I know this isn't 100% accurate) and that if I just added activity and exercise to my day I'd bring down the numbers both on the scale and with my cholesterol.

Well a follow-up check right before Christmas showed my hard work has been successful - my cholesterol is within normal range again! Whoop Whoop!
  • missyahall2
    missyahall2 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Being in the hospital with my ex-boyfriend. His blood pressure spiked and he almost past out. I was 20lbs heavier than him. Talk about a wake up call...
  • latewinterwolf
    Options
    well i miss being a size 12 and i only have one pair of size 14 jeans that i can fit into and a pair of tracky bottoms which lets face it are ugly lol, i feel fat and ugly in the bedroom which isnt doing much for the sex life either so here i am,
    Main aim to try and get back to size 12 or lose 2 stone :)
  • calsgirl18
    Options
    I was tired of being the fat PE teacher. At the time I was coaching middle school volleyball and track. I have been heavier, and for years I would slooooowly be losing weight. I just got tired of it and I because serious is January 2013. It even kicked into high gear in August when I finally go the job I wanted (head softball coach!). I realized a lot of my problems with being lazy and not really doing anything was because I didn't fully enjoy my job and I didn't have a lot of time to get a full workout in. Now, I have the job I really like and I have time to exercise cause I get off of work earlier. It is so much fun playing softball with my team, I am not close to in shape as I once was, but I can still strike them out!
  • Laughter_Girl
    Laughter_Girl Posts: 2,226 Member
    Options
    I have a neighbor we all call the crazy lady because she is a little stange....well one day she caught me at the mail box and asked meif I was pregnant. Im 56. But it did make me think. I quit smoking 3 yrs ago and have gained 40 lbs....so I dont smoke, dont drink, and on a diet. Someday ill look back at this and think it is a good thing...for right now im feeling a little frustrated.

This is hilarious. Good for you for obviously not looking like you're 56! Hang in there.
  • Blokeypoo
    Blokeypoo Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    I'm a lifelong and excellent dieter/regainer but never maintained until a year ago.

My turning point, aside from feeling uncomfortable, was watching my 73yo Mum STILL looking bereft when she looked in mirror as unhappy with wt.

She isn't big and nor was I (I've lost 28lbs) but it gave me yet another stick to beat myself with and I'm excellent at that too lol. I am 46 and couldn't bear to be doing that to myself too in another 30yrs time having done it since my teens!

I like my food and always went for slimming world, low fat or low carb type stuff as early low cal diets melted my head, possibly because in those days it was 1000cals touted as good! Anyway, I bought the Biggest Loser cookbook, saw the link to website and joined in June 2012 and never looked back! It and I have changed my life :o)
  • jmxxiiii
    jmxxiiii Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I developed PCOS and couldn't get pregnant at 24. I later got divorced, I've lost over 50 lbs, and now I have very few symptoms of PCOS. I hope with the more weight I lose the more of my fertility comes back.

Add me! I'm just now getting back into my diet and fitness again and could use all the support I could get!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    When I rolled over to get out of bed one morning and my stomach rolled over before I did!! Ugh! I was just disgusted with myself. That was over 30+ lbs ago! I did manage to lose about 15lbs more... I had a rough year last year and I am tired of making excuses!! I am back in the gym like a man woman! Now if I could just get my stomach to do the same thing my arms are doing!! lol! All in good time!! One day at a time!! :laugh:
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chopper_pilot
    chopper_pilot Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    My body didn't match the person I really was. I wanted to look like me. and me wasnt supposed to be almost 300 pounds.
  • Sun-Shine
    Options
    I only have 2 pairs of pants that fit anymore. I hate it! Thats it! Im done. I want to change my life.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options

I only have 2 pairs of pants that fit anymore. I hate it! Thats it! Im done. I want to change my life.

THIS!! I have 3 and I refuse to buy any more in this size! :wink:
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Pants and fitted shirts was my reason. At this time I only fit maybe 15% of my clothing. Totally out of control. I hate being this weight. Plus it just makes you feel so sad when you can't wear what you want and you are not at your best.
  • dancingswiffer
    Options
    Mine this time was when I was cleaning out my closet before going back to work. I am a full time student, single mother, and going back into the professional workforce as well. I was trying on my clothes, finding out what I needed, and I could not fit into ANY of my old clothes. All of my size 14 clothing was SOOOO tight I couldn't breath, those that I could actually get on.

I lost about 45 lbs. about 5 years ago. Then I got married and my ex decided that he didn't like me looking pretty and thin, so he pretty much cooked me into a size 16. Since he left and divorced me (good riddance), I have gotten down to around a 14. Well not finding many clothes to wear in my closet was the last straw. I am ready to fall in love with the woman that God created, stop feeling sorry for myself, and step into the future He has for me. :)

I've begun to eat right, tracking it all on here as of today and exercise at my house. My excuse had been I couldn't make it to the gym...well no more. Gonna work out at my house like I did before when I got down to a size 8 :)