Is this allowed?

Options

Replies

• rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! :drinker: Enjoy your splurge day!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Okay everyone! I logged my birthday breakfast!

I had 3 eggs, 2 pieces of buttered toast, 6 pieces of bacon and a cup of milk.
    For a grand total of 655 calories! Leaving me 705 calories for the rest of the day for my lunch, steak dinner, birthday cake, and cotton candy vodka with Mountain Dew.
    I am definitely going over my calories today, but it's my 21st birthday and at least I'm logging it! :)
    Dooooo eeeeeettttt!

That 705 calories is not even a thing today. Pretend you don't see it. Enjoy one day, log (if you want to) without judgement, and then start being a responsible adult when the hangover wears off! :wink:
  • hubn8147
    hubn8147 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I recently found myself in a similiar predicament. I have been doing well, lost 15 pounds this year, and was faced with a 1 week cruise where it's all you can eat! Last time I went on a cruise I gained 10 pounds in a week!
    This time around I didn't want to gain all of that weight back since that I've been working so hard to lose. I did allow myself to indulge, but I did not eat everything on my plate (or everything in sight) and made some smarter decisions. I ended up only gaining 5 pounds on my cruise and that to me is pretty good!

So my advise to you, is go ahead and indulge, but you don't have to go crazy and eat everything in sight! :)
  • twhaley1990
    twhaley1990 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday, have fun, be safe, and good luck tomorrow!

http://toneitup.com/2013/12/holiday-hangover-cures-tips/
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    Thanks everyone!
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! Hope you go for it and enjoy - been celebrating my 21st for years now but first time is defintiely the best :-)
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Nope. The MFP police will come and track you down. They will make you find out how many calories are in every single item, weigh the food, log it, and then make you exercise it off.

Just kidding. Of course it's allowed. Birthdays, Thanksgiving,and Christmas don't count. Go and enjoy your day, and happy birthday!
  • loriq41
    loriq41 Posts: 479 Member
    Options

For a grand total of 655 calories! Leaving me 705 calories for the rest of the day for my lunch, steak dinner, birthday cake, and cotton candy vodka with Mountain Dew.
    I am definitely going over my calories today, but it's my 21st birthday and at least I'm logging it! :)
    You're fine..whether you log it all or not...tomorrow, just get back on task, drink a bunch of water and stay off the scale....you won't like what you see (especially for a few days)...have a great one!
  • debbiesats
    debbiesats Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    And if you take a second day off to recover from today that's not a disaster either!

Plenty of water, and not just for the sake of the scales ;-)
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    You're the boss. You get to decide if it is allowed or not. Lets just say, I ate pizza like crazy on Sunday for the Chargers game and I still lost weight since Sunday. Its your life. Enjoy it. One, two, or three days over isnt going to kill you. This should be something you will be able to sustain over the long run.
  • TigerBite
    TigerBite Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Make sure that breakfast includes mimosas ... :)
  • chatogal
    chatogal Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You're allowed to do whatever you like!!!
    ( especially considering you're turning 21 if you're in the states...)

Happy birthday!! :)

why just in the States???
  • czechwolf52
    czechwolf52 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    You're allowed to do whatever you like!!!
    ( especially considering you're turning 21 if you're in the states...)

Happy birthday!! :)

why just in the States???

You have to be 21 to buy alcohol in the USA. So 21st birthdays are normally a big celebration here.
  • lizj0nes21
    Options

You're fine..whether you log it all or not...tomorrow, just get back on task, drink a bunch of water and stay off the scale....you won't like what you see (especially for a few days)...have a great one!

A bad thing is though that tomorrow is my weigh in day :/. But I'll just not let myself get discouraged of the number on the scale considering today lol :)
  • lizj0nes21
    Options
    UPDATE!: for anyone who cares I thought I'd keep you informed lol. After lunch I have a whopping 198 calroies left ;)

But also a question, I was about 500+ calories under my calorie goal yester, so should that help even out me going over today? Because I've read people saying they will go over on some days and under on others as long as it all evens out at the end of the week.
    I ask because tomorrow is my weigh in day.
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    Just be cautious of the fact that over splurging on one day, while not necessarily causing you to gain weight, my significantly slow down weight loss goals. It all depends on how many calories you're consuming on that day.

When I decide to have a day that I don't want to think about, I just eat whatever I want and is available but I don't necessarily say "HELL YES, I'm going to eat EVERYTHING IN SIGHT ALL DAY LONG" you know what i mean? So just keep that in mind.

happy bday!!
  • NeverCatchYourBreath
    Options
    UPDATE!: for anyone who cares I thought I'd keep you informed lol. After lunch I have a whopping 198 calroies left ;)

But also a question, I was about 500+ calories under my calorie goal yester, so should that help even out me going over today? Because I've read people saying they will go over on some days and under on others as long as it all evens out at the end of the week.
    I ask because tomorrow is my weigh in day.

It's true that if you were under one day and go over the next that it will balance out b/c it's not like our body resets itself at midnight every night for a new day of calories. Some people look at their calories as a weekly average to help them get a big picture of what their weight loss should look like.

The only other thing I have to say about the weigh in day is.... if you go crazy on food and alcohol the day before weigh in then you should expect the scale to go up from bloating caused by alcohol consumption (which causes water retention due to dehydration) and sodium intake which causes water retention.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Most nations do not have laws about calorie restriction. It's a personal choice.

What you are probably asking is, will taking a day off of tracking undo or limit my results? The answer depends on how often you take this "one day" and how crazy you go on that "one day".

One day a week where you eat 5000 calories can very well undo the rest of the week.

One day a month when you don't track but eat sensibly (2000-2500 calories, let's say) will likely not impact your results.

One day a year on your birthday where you drink 10,000 calories of alcohol will probably make you feel like crap for a day or two, but it's not going to ruin your chances of ever losing weight.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    You will in all likelihood have a spike on the scale tomorrow, and then it will gradually go away. Weight loss is not linear, and your body weight (as if it were just one fixed number) is in constant fluctuation. Don't stress, honey! Go have a fun birthday!
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    A friend who is VERY into health and fitness, says a whole cheat day is a must. That a cheat meal isn't enough. I am not sure of her source but I believe her.