How to Sustain Motivation when You're Struggling

Options
12346»

Replies

• heatherc369
    heatherc369 Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing this. Like all the others on here, I really was looking for motivation today, so the timing is perfect.

I am at a point of complacency right now. I had a goal to get down to 155 by my 50th birthday. My bday came, and I still have 25 lbs to go. After losing 50 pounds, I am no longer Obese, and my health risks have dramatically dropped. I don't think of myself as a failure for not meeting the target time. My problem is quite the opposite. I have fallen into the 'good enough' trap. I have enjoyed the support and positive feedback from my friends and family, and even my drs are telling me I have lost enough and am fine at my current weight.

But I still have 25 lbs to go!

I can maintain fairly easily, as long as I keep my mind on it. But losing at this point is extremely slow, and the temptation is just to relax and stay where I am.
    I need to find a new motivation and new goal, aside from the scale.

I am thinking about changing my ticker to show my current weight as my starting weight. I think looking at 'zero lbs lost' might snap me out of this. But I'd be lying if I didn't admit that I am proud of the lbs that I have lost so far, and don't want people to see my ticker and think I haven't lost anything in over a year.

But I guess I need to get past worrying about what other people think, and just do whatever I need to do, to make some goals and reach them.

Ok, talked myself into it. I am changing my ticker. YIKES!
    Thats a great idea !!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Had to come back to this this morning after stepping on the scale.........
  • DterMined2012
    DterMined2012 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I like the one of not skipping 2 days in a row!!

Thanks for posting!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I like the one of not skipping 2 days in a row!!

Thanks for posting!!!
    Theres parts that speak to everyone, at dif times in their journey :)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Needed to re-read again today
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Bump for a good Monday read!
  • bumblebreezy91
    bumblebreezy91 Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I also like to go to the maintenance and success stories forums and imagine that someday I'll be posting my own story there!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I also like to go to the maintenance and success stories forums and imagine that someday I'll be posting my own story there!
    You are so very welcome!
    I do the same thing girl, im on the success stories a couple times a week ;)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Bump :)
  • mamahannick
    mamahannick Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I absolutely needed this today. Bump!
  • pinkupooh
    pinkupooh Posts: 155
    Options
    bump!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I absolutely needed this today. Bump!
    Then I am very glad I bumped it!!!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    bump!!
    Thanks for Bumping! I am sure others will thank you too!
  • heatherc369
    Options
    I so needed this last year :( But I am back !
  • KBmoments
    KBmoments Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • JeepJeep87
    JeepJeep87 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I loved reading this and plan on reading again and again to stay motivated. Thanks for this!
  • bdzerneke
    bdzerneke Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Very good read, glad I found it. I'm 16 lbs into my original plan and 8 lbs from my original goal weight.
    I'm starting to think another 10-15 lbs would be better but the thought of that is depressing. It's hard to stay motivated when I think of losing another 18-23 lbs. There's probably 5-10 times a day when I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, which makes no sense. The scale may not be accurate all the time but the way my clothes fit compared to 2 months ago can't be wrong.
    Again, thanks for posting and reviving this thread.
  • heatherc369
    Options
    JeepJeep87 wrote: »
    I loved reading this and plan on reading again and again to stay motivated. Thanks for this!

I am so glad it helped you!

• heatherc369
    Options
    bdzerneke wrote: »
    Very good read, glad I found it. I'm 16 lbs into my original plan and 8 lbs from my original goal weight.
    I'm starting to think another 10-15 lbs would be better but the thought of that is depressing. It's hard to stay motivated when I think of losing another 18-23 lbs. There's probably 5-10 times a day when I feel like I'm not getting anywhere, which makes no sense. The scale may not be accurate all the time but the way my clothes fit compared to 2 months ago can't be wrong.
    Again, thanks for posting and reviving this thread.

I felt I had to re-read it after falling off the wagon for so long, then I figured might as well bump it so others who may be in need can read it as well :)
  • heatherc369
    Options
    Needed this today!