Last 25 pounds

Options
How long did it take you to lose the last 25 pounds?
I am finally on the last 25 pounds and was just wondering how long it took everyone. Feel free to share how you did it as well if you'd like.

Replies

• wizbeth1218
    wizbeth1218 Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I'm on my last 25 pounds. Or maybe my last 40 pounds. I still haven't decided when I am "done"... and given how long I have been at this weight, it might be that I am, in fact, "done" losing weight.

I have been at this weight for about 2 months. Granted, I haven't been as die-hard about watching my calories, and I haven't been hitting the gym as hard as I was when I was losing 10-12 pounds per month.

I'm interested to see what others are experiencing as they close in on their goals. Congrats to you for your progress!
  • Adc7225
    Adc7225 Posts: 1,318 Member
    Options
    I am also trying to lose my last 25 or so pounds and honeslty I have no idea what I am doing :smile:

Given the changes that I have made are meant to be 'real life' changes (meaning no dieting) I am trying to expand my list foods that I do eat - trying to keep it interesting! I also plan to work again with a trainer, learning some routines with weights (he has promised me I will not have to get on the floor) and build more muscle. I plan to continue with my cardio and keep active. Hopefully by August of 2014 I will be at goal. :bigsmile:
  • jhloves2knit
    jhloves2knit Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I had 25 pounds left to lose since before the holidays. Between t those days and a rash of recent eating out, I've gained a few pounds. Plus, I've lost some of my momentum and incentive. It's hard for me to get back on track after falling off the wagon. I still plan to lose 25 more pounds, but I need to start eating less and exercising more. Regardless, it will be a slow, gradual process; at least, hopefully the scale will go the right direction.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    It took me 11 months! I hit a plateau for a while, then I added running to my exercise routine, starting with Couch to 5k. The extra lbs. slowly started falling off! Note that I had been riding my bicycle a lot before then!
  • MissySpring
    MissySpring Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I'm down to my last 15...perhaps 25...will reassess once I reach my original goal. My weight loss has definitely slowed down. I was averaging 10 lbs. per month. Now, it is 5 lbs. I've changed up my cardio a bit this week...doing interval running/sprinting. I ended up with a little jump in weight loss for the week, 2 lbs instead of 1. I've also tightened up my food measuring. No more eyeballing ;)

Good luck on your journey!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!