has anyone tried the Alli Diet?

Options
if you have how did it work for you? im thinking of starting it, but i dont want to spend a lot of money on something thats not going to work. any advice or tips would be wonderful, thanks!!

Replies

• FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    In, for leakage.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    If you start taking Alli, please get a camera and provide us with "after shots"
  • __freckles__
    __freckles__ Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Nope. And I suggest you don't either. Just eat real food at a calorie deficit and you'll be fine.
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    When it comes to losing weight, nothing that you have to spend a lot of money on will work in the long run.
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    IN for the fun!
  • SLLRunner
    SLLRunner Posts: 12,942 Member
    Options
    Why do you want to do a fad diet? All that is required to lose weight is to eat what you always eat just less of it. If you plug your statistics into MFP, accurately log all calories eaten and burned, and stay within a certain calorie amount per you weight loss goals, you will lose weight.

It's a lifestyle change not a "diet" in the sense that you need to deprive yourself.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
  • tmcowan
    tmcowan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    No Bueno!!! That's all I'm going to say about that!!
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    this is the diet where a side effect is oily and loose stool? and excessive flatulance?

it sounds awesome. good luck.
  • OKCyankeefan
    Options
    Go to Amazon.com and check out some of the reviews about Alli. You will quickly become disenchanted with that idea.
  • rbarragato412
    rbarragato412 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Do not do it. A few years ago, I took the prescription form and it was terrible. The "leakage" part was miserable - also, I lost ONE POUND in 7 weeks.
    I've lost more just eating right and working out over 8 months than I did when I took that pill
  • smelius22
    smelius22 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I bought it, read the pamphlet it comes with, and returned it.

It "evacuates" half the fat you eat.. so if you're out on the town one night and decide to have a cheat day and eat something fatty.. yeah, you're gonna have that fat leaking out your backside in a few hours and have to change your underwear..

the directions actually RECOMMEND you use underwear liners in case of leakage :sick: which was enough for me to run away
  • admegamo
    admegamo Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I did and it was definitely helping. However, I'm not good with remembering to take pills. I have a very hard time with medications so I eventually just stopped using the Ali pills because I was losing track of when I last took them. I would definitely like to try it again. I never had any bad side affects from it.
  • _HeartsOnFire_
    _HeartsOnFire_ Posts: 5,304 Member
    Options
    No. Save your money.
  • ironmonkeystyle
    ironmonkeystyle Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    anigif_enhanced-buzz-23951-1388447279-11.gif
  • LFDBabs
    LFDBabs Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I tried it once after a friend had limited success. I didn't have the leakage (thank God), but I did have horrendous abdominal pains and (after several tests) my doctor told me it was probably the Ali and not to take it. Stopped it, no more stomach problems. I didn't lose that much (more) weight so for me it wasn't worth the price or the pain.
  • MsJulielicious
    MsJulielicious Posts: 708 Member
    Options
    You will leak orange fat oil out yo butt. For reals.
    It's gross. You will ruin all your underwear.
    Eat at a modest deficit, get some cardio, and strength training in.
  • JojoEffeckt164
    JojoEffeckt164 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I took Alli for a while....
    Well, Alli works. the molecule sticks to the fat and takes it out of your body without being digested. That way you will recieve a higher kcal defizit -> you lose more weight
    if you eat more than 30g of fat after you took one though, you WILL get into trouble. Alli keeps sticking to all that
    fat and THAT causes diarrhea. BAD DIARRHEA!!! :sick:
    So if you want to take it make sure, that your meal does not have more than 30g of fat!

Another point is that some vitamines need fat to be useable for the body. Alli blocks the fat though. So make sure that your body still needs everything it needs.
    For myself I decided to not take Alli again this time. The risk of diarrhea is just too big for me! :noway:
  • AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    Okay, okay, in all seriousness OP, here's what Alli does: It essentially binds the fat that you eat together, making your body incapable of absorbing it, and forces it straight through your body.

Now, completely aside from the explosive fun that will inevitably result from this, here's the thing, the big secret. Ready?

Not all fat is bad. Some is very, very good for you.

The body NEEDS those good fats.

Eating fat will not MAKE you fat. (Only a surplus of calories can make you do that.)

So all Alli does, besides the aforementioned undue doo-doo difficulties, is rob your body of fats --bad AND good. Not cool. And as far as weight loss? Since fat in and of itself does not cause weight gain, it is ridiculous to think that the absence of fat will cause weight loss.
  • 4daluvof_candice
    4daluvof_candice Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    IN for the fun!