how often do you weigh in?

Options
the times when i have been at my worst, i used to weigh myself up to a dozen times every single day and it drove me mad watching the numbers change so drastically. nowadays i dont weigh everyday mostly because i am quite repulsed by myself and seeing the number depresses me. i am really hoping that 2014 is the year i can actually accomplish my goals in a relatively healthy way. i am going to try weighing maybe once a week, because i think that will motivate me to stick to my diet and exercise every week in hopes of seeing that i have lost weight.
how often do you weigh in and why?

Replies

• splitaces
    splitaces Posts: 141
    Options
    the times when i have been at my worst, i used to weigh myself up to a dozen times every single day and it drove me mad watching the numbers change so drastically. nowadays i dont weigh everyday mostly because i am quite repulsed by myself and seeing the number depresses me. i am really hoping that 2014 is the year i can actually accomplish my goals in a relatively healthy way. i am going to try weighing maybe once a week, because i think that will motivate me to stick to my diet and exercise every week in hopes of seeing that i have lost weight.
    how often do you weigh in and why?

just whenever i feel like ive been doing good, i will weigh in with no specific time frame
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    every 2 weeks.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I weigh daily, it's part of my maintenance plan (I keep track of everything on a graph).
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    At least every other day - usually daily.

But I track it on a spreadsheet and plot the trends - this helps with the daily WTF moments.

As long as the trend is down, I'm happy.
  • professormudd1
    Options
    I weigh in every morning as part of my morning routine. I log my weight when I see a new low.
  • I weigh in every morning.
    Sometimes the numbers can be depressing, but it only makes me work harder!
  • bumblebeez86
    bumblebeez86 Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I aimed to weigh in once a week (and always in the morning + naked) but this week I have weighed in twice in the 6 days - If I feel I am doing good I normally weigh in :)
  • sanfly
    sanfly Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning, but I only log once per week. Keeps me sane to the daily variations. Its not the number itself that matters, but the trend over time (eg: 2-4 weeks) that you want to keep an eye on
  • heidi3132
    Options
    I weigh in once a week first thing in the morning.
  • melissaka7
    melissaka7 Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Daily weigher. I'm now maintaining after losing 57lbs & it helps me notice my fluctuations. I keep it on a chart.
  • dettiot
    dettiot Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Before I got my Fitbit scale, I was weighing myself every other day or so. With the Fitbit scale, since it'll automatically update here at MFP, I've been trying to keep it to 2-3 times a week--enough to get a feel for if I'm on the right track, but not so often that I feel like I'm living and dying by the number on the scale.
  • AHack3
    AHack3 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've had times in my journey when I would get on the scale numerous times throughout the day, then to once a day, then twice a week, I am currently trying to get on just once a week and making my weigh-in day on a Wednesday. That scale had too much power over how I was feeling, I would feel really good and then see a gain and I would let that effect in an instant how I would feel about myself, it became addicting, I'm trying to realize it's just a tool and the # doesn't define who I am. I think I'm might eventually quit the scale all together and just use how I feel and how my clothes fit as a guide. But for now my answer is 1-2 times a week.
  • WhisperAnne
    Options
    once or twice a month, just so I can stay on top of my weight.

Don't obsess, it's just a number. Most scales don't read 100% accurately anyways. They don't show you how much muscle and water weight you have. Just go by how well your clothes fit and measure yourself.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    NEVER go by my clothes.
  • karllundy
    karllundy Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    Every day after I shower. But, I only record it on Fridays, even if it is a gain.
  • bennettinfinity
    bennettinfinity Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    For the first few months (when weight was coming off quicker), i'd weigh in every other day... now that that i'm approaching my goal weight (and the weight is coming off slower), i find i only weigh in about once a week (seeing the same number every weigh-in gets depressing)... :wink:
  • BlueBombers
    BlueBombers Posts: 4,065 Member
    Options
    Once a week if I don't forget
  • bid1130
    bid1130 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I try to do it every morning so I can keep track of trends.
  • vamsikrishnachada
    Options
    Depends on how aggressive are you working out and what your goals , I weight twice since my goal is 2 lbs a week. so I feel more motivated when I see that I lost or gained 1 lb.
  • smokeytex74
    Options
    I usually weigh daily, in the morning, just to make sure that I am on track, but I log it weekly.. this way I know if I need to make adjustments to what I am doing on a daily basis..