5'8-6'1 lady success stories?

Options

Replies

• sc193usa
    sc193usa Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thanks! My main problem with jeans is the hips to waist ratio, and always getting that gap in the back. I haven't tried this brand yet. Sounds like a good reward :)
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    Options
    5'8" equally torso and leg proportioned! I started at at least 250lbs. That's the point I stopped stepping on the scale. I currently as of this morning weigh 177.5lbs. My goal is 150-160lbs I think we will see where I end up!

Same height & proportions here. But I was once 307. I started MFP at my "usual" weight of 262. Now at 203 and wanting to get to 180 for sure, then think about a lower goal.

Even though I spent much of my adult life until recently in the 260-270 lb range I know the comments you ladies are talking about..."you can carry more weight, you're just a big person..." I have heard that for ages. It was TRUE when I was a 5'6" 127 lb ten year old but not so much after that ;-)
  • runawayescape
    runawayescape Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    bump for later :)
  • VeggieKidMandy
    VeggieKidMandy Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    6ft here as well :) Mostly leg
  • dswolverine
    dswolverine Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    In to hear people's stories and results! I'm 5'9" and some change. Average legs, in my mind, anyway.
    SW 168, CW 154, GW 145. I think at my lightest I hit 148lbs in college.
    As i get closer to my goal i'm finding it TOUGH to shed the lbs. I do weights and mat exercises and i try to do cardio every day. I know the # on the scale isn't necessarily the best indicator of progress, but psychologically I really want to see a 14_ number!
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I'm not a complete success just yet but I am getting close.
    I am 6'0 and all legs.
    I started out at 345lbs im currently down to 243 and am hoping to be in Onederland by the end of this year. Victory will be mine!!!
  • 89nunu
    89nunu Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    SW: 185.3
    CW: 157.2
    I'm bulking now so GW: 162

I haven't got a proper before pictures. But this was me during

2q23ds8.jpg

And my profile and ticker shows me now
  • sheshwe
    sheshwe Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am 6'1",very proportioned as far as leg length and torso. Very large frame,size 13 WW shoe. Joined MFP at 423 lbs but had been at 440(that's as high as my scale went) previously. Soooo close to the big 299 lbs which I haven't seen in 20 years. I am shooting for 250 as a goal right now, haven't seen that weight since I was 19 but know I could go much lower. Just trying to be realistic. This is my first post but when I saw the taller lady question I figured it was time to jump in.
  • TRobinson43
    TRobinson43 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You can but "Miss Me" and "Rock Revival" jeans cheaper at Chuck's Boots. My daughter is 5'11" and I buy her jeans at Chucks Boots. They are the only jeans that are long enough for her long legs.
  • constancellc
    constancellc Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and ALL legs, literally i'm shorter than most of my friends when I sit down.
    Heaviest = 79kg (174 lbs)
    Currently = 63kg (139 lbs)

I found the key was mostly diet, I had been exercising for several months without losing weight - but my diet was wrong. Ironically i lost most my weight with much less exercise than i was originally doing, just going for a 45 min walk once a day. Really helped clear my head as well as help with the weight.
  • Zippedydoodah
    Zippedydoodah Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I am 5'8" and around 210-215 (I think - I still haven't dared to stand on the scales yet) - lowest I have ever been for about 2 weeks was 154 and I have spent most of my life hovering around the 200 mark + or - about 15 lbs. >.< can't believe I am having to lose weight again but back injuries + work + life + laziness got on top of me and back to square one :(

Looking to drop in the region of 60-80lbs and get back to being healthy! Most people I meet seem to think I might need to drop 20-30lbs but nothing as drastic as 60-80 - Now a large size 14 or a small 16 - aiming to drop into a small 12 (or large 10) by the end of May! Fitness + size for me is more important than absolute weight!

Turning 31 in 2 weeks so it is a bit too late for that but I really don't want to see 32 at this weight!

:) looking for friends to share the journey!!

~*~*~ THINKING POSITIVE! ~*~*~
  • shopperdisguise
    shopperdisguise Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9 1/2". Currently at 280 (started at 333). My goal is 185 for now. I haven't seen that number since middle school. Once I get there, who knows... the sky is the limit.
  • lomille
    lomille Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Bump for later :) 5ft 11 also
  • PriceK01
    PriceK01 Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    5'10" and leggy, too. My highest was about 175lbs, but I didn't start MFP until 160lbs. Using diet and exercise, I brought it down to 124lbs. I brought it back up to 130lbs lifting heavy weights (plus a few more in fat over the Holidays, which I'm working on losing now).
  • MultiGoddess
    MultiGoddess Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10 or so, not really sure about my exact height because I had some compression fractures in my spine about four or five years ago that cut some height off of me. My legs are fairly long and I guess I have a shorter torso? I'm not entirely sure. I am currently a work in progress, but oh boy what progress have I made! Two and a half years ago I had my right knee reconstructed because of a birth defect that was never corrected. About six weeks later as I was leaving an inpatient rehab center because I had to learn how to walk again with the new knee, I was at my highest, 417lbs. I currently am at about 313 (+/- 2lbs due to edema). I started MFP a bit late in my path but it has still helped me loose 30lbs. I have several chronic health conditions; lupus, fibro, chronic pain, heart problems from lupus, and a few others, but I have tried to not let them hold me back. Right now I'm fighting some respiratory bug that my mom is taking me to the doctor tomorrow because I haven't gotten any better in 5 days. I take some medications that are traditionally counter-productive to weight loss such as steroids, but I still push through. I have a FitBit One and I think that this helps me a lot too because if I am not being as active as I can be I can see it on my log. I am doing my first 12 week challenge currently so I am hoping that this will be a fun thing to do.
  • MrsHilgert
    MrsHilgert Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    love this thread. 6 ft here, long legs, solid all around. ;)

I've been sitting between 210-220 for over a year now with no weight loss luck. Although I do feel that my body has changed since biking all summer. It's so hard to find clothes!!
  • sydneyrubbert
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and started at 191 pounds about five days ago. I've already gone down to 187!! I used to snack constantly on unhealthy foods. Now I almost never snack, and I make sure to keep track of my calories! I'm super excited to get down to my goal weight of 140. Once I get there I might go down just a little lower, to try and get my BMI right in the middle of the healthy zone. I just feel awesome with all the exercising. And this is the most weight I've ever lost! I've never really been able to motivate myself, but my dad proposed that we each try and lose some weight. I've always just been going up in weight, so being able to be going down is an incredible feeling. THANKS DAD! :D
  • LovePBandJ
    LovePBandJ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Hi All!

5'8"
    47 years old
    SW - 152
    CW - 126

Loong torso. :( Wish I had the legs.
  • JilloftheDead
    JilloftheDead Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9", starting weight was 188 lbs wearing a size 14/16 pants and xl shirts. I'm currently 147 lbs wearing a size 10 pants and medium shirts :)

f0242586-0b0f-4a07-84bb-1bb73c546c3d_zps027b2dc4.jpg
  • arl1286
    arl1286 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    My SW is 190 and my goal is 160. I totally agree that taller ladies lose weight differently. Everyone keeps telling me that i don't need to lost weight, but they aren't seeing what I see when I look in the mirror!!

THIS. I think it's easier for us to hide a small amount of fat than it is for shorter women, just because we're so tall!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!