Inspire me :) short and 100lb+ losers, please share!

Options
I'm looking for new friends here to share their journey with me. I'd love to see pictures of before and after or progress!

Replies

• ma24monsters
    ma24monsters Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    No comments? Really? BUMP!!!
  • lizless1
    lizless1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Don't know how inspiring I am as I am just starting. My goal is 100 to loose total and I want 50 off by June. It seems I just realized I am as big as house:) IS ok because this much fat moving the butt eating healthy and drinking more water causes weight to roll off faster then say someone who needs to loose 5 pounds:) I got this and will get it done:)
  • jacqueinhutto
    jacqueinhutto Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi just wanted to say that losing 100 lbs is doable. My brother lost 100lbs a few years ago by doing a diet diary. U have such a beautiful face. Takes a lot of committment to stay with it but it is so worth it when ur self esteem jumps thru the roof because u know u look good. Stay strong.
  • happyindian
    happyindian Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    i am short,5 feet 1.5 inches. That is where the similarity ends. i have lost 27 lbs till date..with another 20 odd to go till my primary goal. But just wanted to say..no matter how big your goal is, taking the first step is the most important. Do not be overwhelmed by your target, slowly and steadily u will get there. Just stay focussed and motivated..
  • SherryL0419
    SherryL0419 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I have lost almost 60 lbs. I've never figured out how to post pictures here but my profile pic is my "before & now" pic. Even though I am not "skinny" by a lot of peoples standards I am only a couple of lbs away from my goal now. You can definitely do this. My biggest obstacle was believing in myself...it truly does start from the inside. (or at least that's how it worked for me) When I first started out even though I knew how much I wanted to lose I just focused on 5 lb goals at a time...I "pretended" 5 lbs was all I had to lose...then when I lost those 5 I would do the same thing with the next 5. This helped to keep me focused and not get overwhelmed with the total number. I don't know how inspirational I am but you're welcome to add me if you'd like...I love making new friends and I try to be very supportive.
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 3" and I've lost 120lbs as of today. My before/current (I still have about 36lbs to go) is my profile picture. Feel free to add me! You CAN do it!
  • ma24monsters
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I've added a few people and some have added me as well!
  • Seemless
    Options
    Feel free to add me!!!
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    you can add me. I am working on losing 100+ pounds right now.
  • GoreWhore72
    GoreWhore72 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm working on a hundred pound loss, and have hit 38 lb loss so far. 62 to go. :)
  • ideang
    ideang Posts: 95
    Options
    The best way I found to use this site and have it work is to be 100% honest in your logging. I lost 33lbs on my own before I joined MFP, but stalled out for almost a year with no loss. I joined this site and started tracking everything and the weight started to move again. I log everything I eat and drink from meals to cough drops. I try to stay in my goal, but have let myself have a few cheat days here and there. With the weight I lost prior to joining this site I have lost a total of 101lbs, 68 of it since I joined. I am now 14lbs from goal now. I have a before and after pic in my profile, but it is not current it was from my start weight on here and at about 50lbs lost. You can add me if you want.
  • ra1williamson
    ra1williamson Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I am 5 2 and havelost 65 pounds from my heaviest a few years ago to now. It wasnt consistent weigt loss either i had 2 pregnancies in that time frame also. You've got this!
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 and have lost 133 lbs.

Start weight: 250 lbs
    Current weight: 117 lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs

zmaws0.jpg

My face photo's.

f39s8j.jpg
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    When I first started out even though I knew how much I wanted to lose I just focused on 5 lb goals at a time...I "pretended" 5 lbs was all I had to lose...then when I lost those 5 I would do the same thing with the next 5. This helped to keep me focused and not get overwhelmed with the total number.

I really like this. It is really over whelming when you realize you have 80, 90, 100 lbs to lose. I also need to lose 100 lbs and am determined this is the year to do it. I am going to try the -5 lb goals and see how that works.
  • darlingdeardc
    Options
    I'm 5'1.5 and have lost 133 lbs.

Start weight: 250 lbs
    Current weight: 117 lbs
    Goal weight: 110 lbs

zmaws0.jpg

My face photo's.

f39s8j.jpg

Oh my! You seriously inspire me. Thank you for posting this.
  • ANEWHONEY67
    ANEWHONEY67 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow.. congratulations on your weight loss.. you look amazing .. what helped you the most?
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    Wow.. congratulations on your weight loss.. you look amazing .. what helped you the most?

Setting MFP as my browser's home page to always remember to log my food. I had to learn to focus on what I wanted the most and stop focusing on what I wanted in a moments time. I had to learn to tell my mind to shut up. Will power is a muscle and so many people say they don't have it, but they do, they just have to flex it and keep on flexing it to build up and even still muscles get tired and we fall on our faces (we as in anyone trying) but instead of beating ourselves up and depressing over it, we pick up and dust off and remember what we want and keep striving for it.
  • ma24monsters
    Options
    I appreciate all of your replies and added friendships. I really hope we can talk sometimes, uplift eachother, inspire eachother, all that good stuff. Thanks for sharing, and please continue! :)
  • craziwrld
    craziwrld Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I'm not exactly short, 5'4", but I am working on losing 82lbs. I'm down 22lbs so far. I'm always up for more friends :-)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!