has anyone ever tried eating Aloe?

Options
13»

Replies

• mortuseon
    mortuseon Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    OP, off topic, but you have great eyebrows and hair!

I agree!
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Don't bother. There's not much of anything in it and it tastes weird. Those "benefits" are full of misinformation.

How do you know? Im not saying i don't believe you but i don't just go of what someone says. Did you read somewhere that there’s not benefits or did you try it? im just curious.

Because I do a lot of reading. First of all, the first two claims are verifiably wrong. Aloe contains virtually no calories and no vitamins. Something that is "high in fatty acids and amino acids" would have calories, because fatty acids are just fat and amino acids are protein. The rest is unproven nonsense.

The fact that none of the "benefits" are sourced to an actual scientific research article that supports the claim is a big red flag.

In general, nutritional "supplements" are a waste of time and money. Focus on the things that actually matter: food, rest, and training.

Politely I disagree with the big red flag. Small red flag yes, big red flags are for Les Miserables; seriously he reads a lot, and knows of where he speaks(or something like that) nutrition, sleep, train hit goals, start a new challenge repeat next caller...
  • samco66
    samco66 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    OP, off topic, but you have great eyebrows and hair!

I agree!

• Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Aloe to eyebrows.....hmmmm, this thread is going to get blocked....I can feel it....
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    never tried it internally, but i have used it externally (sunburns) and know of 2 ppl who have used aloe drinks. i've read enough herbals to have seen it regularly suggested as a digestive remedy in addition to a topical treatment.

the amatuer herbalist in me thinks: if it's soothing to your outside tissues (and safe to eat/drink) chances are pretty good it will be soothing to your inside tissuse too. so i can believe it if someone says it's good for the guts.
  • Samuraiko
    Samuraiko Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQR-ygLvtSzF_Wl-iUWb6CrnwtuctY_aXZ3muTut8POfxR9LU1ESg

I see these randomly around town where I live. Mor info http://www.examiner.com/review/review-of-okf-aloe-vera-king-beverage

My people eat something called "nopales" which is made from these
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgjl13_gz-IWszHb9_IMORBzearA9YCo6fBpn9dn_cYcXM2cM2ag

For both these reasons I would not cringe at it or fear it, but I wouldn't call it magical either. One of these days if I see one of those bottles and I'm feeling like trying a new thing I will try it. I will not expect miraculous results but probably some visits to the restroom since I heard ingesting it makes you go more often.

It seems like it would taste good as some kind of punch with like say cucumber and some type of sweetener maybe agave or something. IDK. It's whatevs to me as far as dying to try or fearing it scale.
    That looks like prickly pear cactus. The fruit of which makes an awesome jelly, btw...