378__320x240_front-comparison.jpg

mid 2011
    Amber1.jpg

first year competing 2012
    Gary-and-Amber-Day-200x300.jpg
  • acampbellc
    acampbellc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Just started lifting so I'm not their yet, but how to be soon. I have family saying sort of the same things, but do what feels right for you! I simply told my mom today (who insists I'm getting too small and shouldn't loose anymore) that I want to see lines in my body that I KNOW I earned,& that in order to get there it REQUIRES heavy lifting and a lower body fat then I'm at now. Your body will only do what you allow it to do, wether your looking slight definition, want to be the female version of Arnold (nearly impossible would require either hard core dedication and calories for a women or steroids), or simply want to do it because you love to lift don't let anyone or anything stop you!
  • amcsouth
    amcsouth Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Wow!! You all look amazing! :smile:
  • stormystrickland
    stormystrickland Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • MrsSouthernGuns
    Options
    My fiancee before and after...

yojustbeforegottogether.jpg
    581790_10151564938351611_1041918766_n.jpg
    I'd love to know exactly what she did BC I am built just like her... not lie. She looks stunning! It's nice to find someone built like me to look up to. Shes so carved! Very nice.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    OP: If your mom considers the women who have posted here bulky (I'm not saying she does but it's possible), then she has a perceptual issue which you'll need to correct if you want her to eventually lift along with you (or at the very least, fully approve of your lifting, which is what you are hoping for). Easier said than done...some people unfortunately still believe that women's bodies should be very soft and never have any visible muscle tone. Shame, really. Hope your mom isn't like that, and good luck with your lifting program!

That said, I think the thing that could push someone like her over the edge is if you kindly explain to her that people who eat at a deficit to lose weight do not actually build muscle; rather, weight training allows for rapid and efficient fat loss, which reveals the muscle that was already there in the first place. It's not just about building muscle, after all. Maintaining is another, just-as-useful reason to weight train.

• jburd07
    jburd07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    great thread and the perfect inspiration I need. I just met with my PT for the first time yesterday and I don't know what I am getting myself into, but these pics give me hope it will be worth it
  • mank32
    mank32 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Options
    tagged for pix and linx

my mother said almost the same thing a few weeks ago when i told her i want to lift. "Please just don't get all muscle-y like those blah blah blah..." i told her i couldn't because i'm a woman and i don't have the hormones for it. that was the end of that. :tongue:
  • Barbellgirl
    Barbellgirl Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    I'll post some of my pics tomorrow but you can see some of my recent ones at the end of this thread.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/1088730-female-bulking-advice-needed
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    I started lifting in February 2013 and I think I look less 'bulky' now than I did then. I workout at home so I try to be conservative and avoid injury. Slow progress is better than no progress and I'm very happy with my results.

Fotor010772629.jpg[/URL]