Do you have any health problems associated with your weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• xX_PhoenixRising_Xx
    xX_PhoenixRising_Xx Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I used to have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and I was a sitting duck for diabetes, although my blood sugars were okay (family history, plus I had gestational diabetes when pregnant with my twins). I was lucky that I didn't have any other health problems, but I knew I had to lose weight before I developed them.

116lbs lost later, I don't have any weight related health problems. The OSA went away after I lost about 40lbs. I am much fitter and healthier, losing weight is worth the commitment to yourself!
  • BrittneyJ2006
    BrittneyJ2006 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I had sleep apnea, snored like crazy, high blood pressure, achy knees, etc.

All of it gone now. :D

Congrats on it all being gone! Hard work paid off.
  • BrittneyJ2006
    Options
    I used to have Obstructive Sleep Apnea and I was a sitting duck for diabetes, although my blood sugars were okay (family history, plus I had gestational diabetes when pregnant with my twins). I was lucky that I didn't have any other health problems, but I knew I had to lose weight before I developed them.

116lbs lost later, I don't have any weight related health problems. The OSA went away after I lost about 40lbs. I am much fitter and healthier, losing weight is worth the commitment to yourself!

Congrats on your success! I will be more than relieved when my OSA goes away.
  • BrittneyJ2006
    Options
    Lord...at 360 I have experienced everything.
    Diabetes, Pancreantitis, HBP, Sleep Apnea...
    Most of it is gone now but my blood sugar levels are still irregular.

Congrats on your weight loss thus far! That's great that most of it is gone now.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I had a glucose number in the pre-diabetic range. That was my motivation to lose the weight and now I'm on the other side of it-I've lost over 50lbs, have transitioned into maintenance and my last fasting glucose number was an 89 :)
  • anthonyhere
    anthonyhere Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Several, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Non-Alcoholic Fatty Liver and Impaired Fasting Glucose to name a few. After losing just 20 pounds, I saw important reductions in APAP pressure, Liver enzymes and FBG. (Happened to visit my Doctor, and he ran the blood tests out of curiosity). So I am very optimistic all these will clear up when I get closer to my target. Stick with it!
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    My blood pressure tends to be high if I don't watch what I'm eating, but other than that, I feel pretty healthy. Losing weight has helped with the pressure a lot :)
  • lbelsches1
    lbelsches1 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I have a bulging disc in my back that is directly correlated to my weight (current 201 but my highest was somewhere above 255) the more I lose the less it bulges and bothers me. Losing the 50+ pounds so far in the past year's time saved me from surgery and brought back most of the feeling in my toes that had been numb due to the disc pressing on nerves.

I also have bulging disks (a couple of them... not just one) in my lower lumbar region! I did *not* know it was directly associated with weight! Now I know!
  • kamakazeekim
    kamakazeekim Posts: 1,183 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and I'm meeting with my endocrinologist this week because she thinks I have another hormone disorder effecting my weight. I'm just medically screwed up...if it can go wrong it does!