late night snack

Options
So I had an early dinner, like around 6pm. Now I am hungry and was thinking of making a banana smoothie. Would that be a good idea at this time? Or should I eat something else?

Replies

• bajoyba
    bajoyba Posts: 1,153 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you want if it fits into your calories for the day.

If you're running low on calories, you could aim for something low in calories and high in volume, like fresh fruits and vegetables. Or you could go over your calories, log it, and plan better for tomorrow.

But if you're worried about eating at night or eating certain foods at a specific time of day, don't. It's 11pm here and I just finished off some blueberry pie. :smile:
  • tembii
    tembii Posts: 34
    Options
    I go for oats! The fiber at night helps keep me full plus I love love the warmness cooked oats give me, especially with some PB and cinnamon c:
  • Sarawr1018
    Sarawr1018 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    watch your sugars. Bananas are one of the highest. you can eat healthy all you want but if u eat more fruit than anything then you will still be "skinny fat" because sugar. :smile:
  • starizzle87
    starizzle87 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Fruit is NOT bad for you! eat a banana if it fits into your calorie budget. But before eating anything, chug a big glass of water :)
  • hiyomi
    hiyomi Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    If I snack at night, I try to make it something small or something healthy :) I got me a bowl of fruit loops tonight lol
  • jweindruch
    jweindruch Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My go to evening snacks are raw cauliflower and broccoli.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    If it fits in your calories, eat.

Otherwise do like me and go to bed earlier.