Looking for inspiration and freindship :)

Options
Hello! I have used myfitnesspal in the past and I am starting over with a new outlook and determination. I have been overweight all of my life and my goal is to lose 100 pounds within the next year currently I am 300 pounds and 5'5. I am so over being a fat *kitten*! lol I will be doing a lower carb approach but not depriving myself of certain healthy foods. Feel free to friend me I love looking at diary's and the success stories on here. This is hands down the best weightloss/fitness site around. Thanks Ya'll!!

Replies

• vjf13
    vjf13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am also starting over again could use some support myself I always give up and quit
  • schenzy
    schenzy Posts: 19
    Options
    Open Diary and looking for friends. Feel free to add :)
  • lashes0
    Options
    Hi I'm starting new to this too ... I have 2 stone to loose I currently weight 11stone 3 lbs and my goal is 9st 5lb I am 5,7 32 years old with 2 children .. I have done 2 days of this already but I have the flu so I'm not really hungry anyway hopefully I'll get my weight down I'm giving myself 9 months to do it x
  • kieranjim
    kieranjim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm currently on day 2. I'm 5'2" and weight 11 st 6lb, wanting to lose around 21 -28lb. I''m 47 years old and work full time. . . .off on night shift in a few hours (hoping not to get hungry through the shift)
  • 4Rosado
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

The key is to not overeat or under eat; if that makes sense. One meal a day will not cut it. I am not fitness expert or nutritionist; I have always been slim and during my second pregnancy I gained nearly 50 pounds and struggle for years to lose the weight. With the extra weight I felt fatigue and experienced lower backache. After evaluating my eating habits and myself; I realized I wasn't doing enough, nor had I really taken the time to educate myself. Fitness magazine was great; with recipes and workout suggestion I lose some weight. But not much and after time gained It back. So one late night I saw an informational for Slim in 6; I thought what the hell I should try it. I wasn't utilizing my gym membership and figure why not, so I purchased the DVD's and workout on my own time in the comfort of my home. Many feel ashamed of their bodies and so they prefer not to join a gym; some feel like other's are criticizing them about their weight secretly and to be frank some will; who cares. With Slim in 6 I lost weight; a lot of weight and I moved on to another beachbody.com workout Turbo Jam and loved it . I am looking into T25. Its important to change up your exercise routines. I have a good beachbody.com coach who has been helpful and she herself lost a lot of weight.

Meal ideas

The more meals you eat through the day, the easier you'll lose weight. When you eat more, you're telling your body to burn fat frequently. Having one or two meals will hold you back. Here's what I did to lose weight.

Breakfast (1) a cup of oatmeal, brown sugar, with either fresh strawberries, bananas or dried cranberry. Use 2% milk or low fat milk (2) English muffin with jelly or peanut butter (no butter) (3) a bowl of Special K cereal

Snack 1 (1) a cup of fruit (like berries) (2) small banana (or half) (3) yogurt with a granola bar

Lunch (1) salad 1 romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, 1 bowled egg, corn, croutons (only a few cubes) (2) whole wheat or rye bread with turkey and swiss cheese (3) whole wheat bread with tuna (with celery in the tuna or just onions) (4) Salad 2 Romaine lettuce, grilled chicken, cucumber, corn, shredded carrots (5) salad 3 mixed greens with grilled chicken, dried cranberries, walnuts and crouton (few cubes).

Snack 3 (1) yogurt (2) applesauce (3) carrots (4) granola bar (5) small salad (6) fruit bowl or cup of fruits

Dinner; (1) cup of rice, come beans (to fart..lol), once slice of grilled of bread cutlet (2) baked chicken with 3 red potatoes season with rosemary, thyme, black pepper, salt (just a sprinkle) and olive oil. with each meal have some greens like spinach (I like mine cooked in olive oil and garlic), strings beans. Avocado is good but fattening, so don't eat too much of it.

Snack 2 (1) yogurt (2) applesauce (3) carrots (4) granola bar (5) small salad (6) fruit bowl or cup of fruits

Don't eat past 8pm and make sure you haven't consumed food for at least two hours before bed time. definitely consume at least 8 -10 cups of water make sure too have oranges in place of orange juice like Tropicana during the time you're trying to lose weight minimize your consumption of rice, mash potatoes, and pasta. And start exercising, you can start by walking and build up to jogging and quick two - three minute runs than jog or walk again.

EAT FREQUENTLY

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/slim_in_6.do
  • 4Rosado
    Options
    One more thing a lot of times we confused hunger with thirst. Drinking water frequently will make you less hungry.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    Here's to a new lifestyle change!!!

Everyone slips up. Its our job here to help you get right back up when it happens and keep on rolling!!!!!!

Feel free to add me if you'd like
  • 4Rosado
    Options
    You can and will lose your desired weight. Instead of I will try; replace the word try with " I will lose the weight or I will be successful".
  • RusticDreams
    RusticDreams Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much! I love all of the information here and the vast amountof knowledge really helps I appreciate all feedback!
  • PRINCESS2823
    Options
    I used to be a skinny minnie up until I had my kids....I had an hour glass body, but after the children couldn't seem to lose it... Not that I really tried... I just kept getting heavier and heavier.... My heaviest weight was a wapping 250 pounds... Imagine at 5'2 that much weight...

Divorce was the biggest incentive into my weight-loss.... I lost 40 pounds in one month.... That was stress... So I said to myself if I could lose 40 pounds imagine if I changed my eating habit and started exercising... My current weight is140 pounds... I am trying to lose another 15 pounds but I am not in a rush to lose it.... I do squats everyday, along with dips... I run between 3 to 6 miles every other day and believe me it's part of who I am now.... It wasn't easy but its worth it... Nothing in life that is worthwhile comes easy... Trust me!!! I eat yogurt with granola for breakfast... Apples with peanut butter(crunchy is my favorite) is amazing and is a great snack... Peanut butter is a healthy fat and a good source of protein... Protein promotes fullness... Egg whites with tomatoes is my favorite... Whole grain toast with turkey and Swiss for lunch... There are so many foods we can have and enjoy... I am still a fat kid at heart... I love to eat and at times I splurge... I will have frenchfries, bacon and eggs; I will devour my food and feel content, but with the same token I have come to respect food... I love me some water!! Sparkling, seltzer or regular....

If you want to change you can do it!!! It takes patience, will and above all faith.... Faith that you can do it and will do it... Trying is a failure you must do... Always say I will!! Good luck to you...
  • BushiStudy
    Options
    Hi All, feel free to add me as well. I've been using MFP for a while now, but would love to be more consistent with my diary.
  • Bonnieg318
    Bonnieg318 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me I will be logging and checking in everyday and would love to help you on this journey!!
  • thejunkfoodqueen
    Options
    Welcome! I'm looking for inspiration and friendships, too! :)
  • kieranjim
    kieranjim Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone linked to this thread. How is everyone doing so far?
  • xXSnafuXx
    xXSnafuXx Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Open diary, looking for friends as well :) also have a new group feel free to join and peek my page <3 good luck everyone!
  • saygoodbyeto80lbs
    Options
    I am looking for support and inspiration too! I am determined that 2014 is the year I get to a healthy weight, which for me means losing 80 lbs. I'd love to encourage each other and work on this together :)