"Big Guy" to Big Loser in 1 Year - PICS

Options

Replies

• veggiebuckeye
    veggiebuckeye Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Great job more people need to follow your lead! Inspirational!
  • Lns25
    Lns25 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Awesome work!! Your kids will be forever grateful you made the change :)
  • 0408boys
    0408boys Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You and your wife look completely amazing! Your story and your outlook on weight loss is inspiring. Wishing you only the best.
  • HealthyEscape
    Options
    I love the way you tell your story and your "do's" and "don'ts". Straight and to the point! Great work!
  • lajoiemr
    lajoiemr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    dude... excellent post. congrats, keep it up!
  • EDollah
    EDollah Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    Very very cool. I like how you and I had divergent approaches in a lot of ways, for example I've been very goal oriented during weight loss while you were not, yet we both still ended up in a much much better place. I think the lesson is that one needs to approach weight loss in a way they're most comfortable with.
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think the lesson is that one needs to approach weight loss in a way they're most comfortable with.

Yep, EXACTLY!! Just because it works for me, doesn't mean it's gonna work for someone else... thanks again!
  • simonc14
    simonc14 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Many, many congratulations on your progress Mark, it's truly amazing what you've achieved and I'm sure there still more to come over the next year! I love the approach you've adopted and have found that it works in a similar way for me too. :happy:
  • angex3333
    angex3333 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow - well done!!! You are looking fantastic :)
  • Shyfig1
    Shyfig1 Posts: 11
    Options
    I just love your absolute honesty too. Congrats to you and your wife....what a great role model also for your children. I'm curious about the water....why so much water and how on earth does one convert body weight (in lbs or kilos) to liquid measurement of water (pints/litres/mls) so you can calculate 1/2 of body weight in water?
  • BL_Mark
    Options
    I just love your absolute honesty too. Congrats to you and your wife....what a great role model also for your children. I'm curious about the water....why so much water and how on earth does one convert body weight (in lbs or kilos) to liquid measurement of water (pints/litres/mls) so you can calculate 1/2 of body weight in water?

My current weight is 260lbs.... so half my body weight in oz is 130oz. The glass I use at work holds 16oz so I drink 8 or more glasses of water per day. Water keeps you hydrated and flushes out all the bad stuff, especially if you're retaining water. I've found I don't drink enough water on the weekend and my weight will reflect that on Monday morning. Be warned... drinking a lot of water will keep you running to the bathroom! What I do is every time I get up to go, I'll grab another glass of water.

Thank you again to everyone for your words of encouragement! Let's rock it out in 2014!! Good luck to all my new MFP's!!
  • ReclaimingSarah
    ReclaimingSarah Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job to both you & your wife!! :)
  • SuperCrsa
    SuperCrsa Posts: 790 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Nyksta
    Nyksta Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    "Stuff I Wasn't Expecting
    This is EASY!
    Plateaus.... that is all.
    My *kitten* hurts. All... the... time.... I didn't have much of one before... and now... I'm sitting on bone.
    My wedding ring doesn't fit ANY of my fingers. My wife has since stopped wearing hers too.
    In NO WAY SHAPE OR FORM am I an inspiration... and yet, people keep telling me I am. I've had people that I barely know come up to me at church and say, "I had to take a double take to see if that was really you... I have to know, what are you doing?!" "

This really strikes a cord. Especially the first statement - this is EASY. I have found myself saying that to people over and over.

Congratulations to both you and your wife.

Nyk
  • BL_Mark
    Options
    Every week, someone on MFP really makes my day/week/month. Guess it was your turn! Haha. Thanks man, and congratulations. I wanna be like you when I grow up. :wink:

DUDE... I wanna be like YOU when I grow up!!
  • josavage
    josavage Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post and congrats to you and your wife. I love that you have such a healthy attitude and have truly made a life style change instead of going on a diet. Reading this is very helpful so thanks again!
  • mamasgonnalose
    Options
    Amazing such an inspiration! I really hope that I will be able to post before and after pics one day!
  • ms_borgias
    Options
    This was lovely to read, thank you.
  • BL_Mark
    Options
    Amazing such an inspiration! I really hope that I will be able to post before and after pics one day!

I'm SURE you will... you just gotta keep at it and discipline yourself. Feel free to add me if you'd like!
  • 40andFindingFitness
    40andFindingFitness Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your journey (and your wife's)!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!