Finding time...

Options
2»

Replies

• LC458
    LC458 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I understand the time dilemma and it is not an excuse, its called a full time student and still get 40 hrs a week. I had to turn to YouTube because I am that limited on time and cant always make it to the gym. I dont need to loose the weight I have I just want to move it around and so on YouTube I found dancer workouts (ballet) and they range from 15-90 min. I really am trying to commit to 30 min in the morning, followed by a few minutes of deep breathing afterwards to collect my thoughts for the day. Maybe dance/ballet isn't your thing but they have kickboxing videos, strength training videos, and a lot more. When I am able to get to the gym cause I love the treadmill I set my book up on the machine and turn my mp3 player to classical music (not distracting). I understand the time thing and so I think baby steps are crucial. Commit just 3 days a week until you do actually have time. You will benefit your health significantly and boost your mood. Good luck and keep us posted!!
  • ils_1231
    ils_1231 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I understand the time dilemma and it is not an excuse, its called a full time student and still get 40 hrs a week. I had to turn to YouTube because I am that limited on time and cant always make it to the gym. I dont need to loose the weight I have I just want to move it around and so on YouTube I found dancer workouts (ballet) and they range from 15-90 min. I really am trying to commit to 30 min in the morning, followed by a few minutes of deep breathing afterwards to collect my thoughts for the day. Maybe dance/ballet isn't your thing but they have kickboxing videos, strength training videos, and a lot more. When I am able to get to the gym cause I love the treadmill I set my book up on the machine and turn my mp3 player to classical music (not distracting). I understand the time thing and so I think baby steps are crucial. Commit just 3 days a week until you do actually have time. You will benefit your health significantly and boost your mood. Good luck and keep us posted!!

That also sounds fun! Do you have a site?
  • GdeVries
    GdeVries Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Since there is only so much time in a day, make the most of it. Use the stairs instead of the elevator, walk during your lunch break., park further from the store, do 25 jumping jacks before getting in the shore. When planning an activity, plan some exercise into it. Like instead of going to a movie, go miniature golfing. I don't know, it's about changing your life and finding something that is sustainable for you. Good luck!
  • gem192
    gem192 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I see what you're saying about time. I used to work 70+ hours per week and have an hours commute every day. I literally did not have time to exercise - I had to choose between showering and getting enough sleep each day. These people who tell you that you're just making excuses are pretty condescending, IMO.

You're saying that you definitely have time and energy for one of the options each night? Working out or studying? If so, then just go with that, if that is what works. You don't have to work out every single day. In fact, a lot of the time it's best not to. Rest days, anyone?

Or, do a shorter workout. Take a walk for 15 minutes instead of 30. This will save time when you are studying because your brain will be refreshed and work faster.

There are options out there for you, I admire you for staying committed to workout while you're studying and working full time! You can do it!
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Options
    I don't think time is necessarily an excuse, sometimes it really is a problem. What resources do you have available to you for exercise? We could probably make better suggestions about how to fit it in if we knew what you had at your disposal.