Sweet ideas? Anyone?

Options
2»

Replies

• GrandmaCarolyn
    Options
    I like fruit--apples, bananas, dried apricots (especially Mariani Ultimate) which are 20 cal for each whole one and they are sweet and chewy, Premier Nutrition chocolate Protein shake--160 cal, 1 gm sugar, 30 gm protein is good for a chocolate craving. Both of the latter are cheap at Costco. A toasted Orowheat English cinnimon & raisin muffin is another goody. It has a lot of raisens and is 160 cal. I look for healthy treats whenever possible, and a Fuji apple will do it every time. But I also like baked apples with a little cinnimon on top. I cook them in the microwave with a little diet 7 up over it. But I use a delicious for that because Fujis don't bake well.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options
    If you have the time make these they are amazing! Athough, make them with semisweet chocolate chips.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001880026
  • nellajane24
    nellajane24 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    If you have the time make these they are amazing! Athough, make them with semisweet chocolate chips.

http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=10000001880026

thanks for this!! it sounds amazing, and i will be sure to make these for christmas eve!!
  • CraftyGirl4
    CraftyGirl4 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    Homemade Rice Krispy treats are a go-to for me when I want something sweet. You just have to be careful about how big you make your slices! I use the standard recipe on Kellog's website but use margarine instead of butter and make sure I get 24 servings out of it. Each serving is 78 calories.

I'm not trying to be funny at all... Rice Krispy treats are one of the best energy bars out there...and who doesn't like them?
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    I like the Fiber Plus Bars--140-150 calories each depending on which flavor.

If you are open to semi-baking, you can always make Black Bean Brownies. They are super easy. Drain and rinse a can of black beans. Add water to the can til full & puree it. Mix with one box of brownie mix (the 9x13 size). Mix and bake according to directions. I made a pan of the fudge type & cut a 9x13 pan into 12 huge pieces. Each piece was only around 200 calories. You get extra fiber from the beans & they are filling. Not as sweet as when made the traditional way, but it does the trick for me! (Also, if they aren't chocolatey enough for you or if you want to play around with other flavors, consider adding a cup of chocolate chips, mint chocolate chips, etc.) I swear you can not taste beans!!!

Fiber One Bars have a 90 calorie version that taste really good!

What about frozen cantaloupe balls? Just scoop them with a small melon baller and pop them in the freezer. Might be good with that Reddi Whip Fat Free Whipped cream! :laugh:

I've had both, Fiber Plus by Kellogs are SOOOOOOOOOOO much better! They actually print that on the box so I guess my opinion coincides with the focus groups they've conducted.
  • jen0619
    jen0619 Posts: 414
    Options

thanks for this!! it sounds amazing, and i will be sure to make these for christmas eve!!

You're very welcome. I came across them one day and loved them!