does anyone just feel....

Options
:angry: like they cant do it anymore. when your doing so well and you feel like its impossible. Christina Augulra lost weight cause she went to a gym... and worked out and ate healthy, i want to do that too but it seem impossible :( any idea to boost my self esteem and motivation.

Replies

• wolfsbayne
    wolfsbayne Posts: 3,116 Member
    Options
    It's not impossible. I know it's hard to stay motivated sometimes, but I usually have to kick my own butt to keep at it. If I don't, a few months down the road, I'll look at my not changed body and health and wish I hadn't made excuses and just found a way to do it.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    She didn't lose weight because she went to a gym or "ate healthy." She lost weight because she ate fewer calories than she burned.

Don't think you have to do everything. You don't have to go to the gym every day, eat nothing but "healthy food" every meal, etc etc. All you need to do is consistently run a calorie deficit. On days when it feels like things are falling apart - you're not going to the gym, you had a candy bar, whatever - keep in mind that it's fine. Focus on that calorie intake number and nothing else when it gets hard. That's the only thing that is actually necessary for losing weight.
  • amatolauren
    amatolauren Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    thank you for that :) i do appreciate it . how do i know my calorie intake tho? like how much im supposed to have a day?
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    We all lose our way sometimes... and honestly I have had the same thoughts as you! The thing that we must remember is that all the celebrities that drop pounds real fast literally do nothing but work out and eat right (by the hands of a personal chef) for months while they take a break from working. We are real people who have to work real jobs day in day out and we have kids that we have to take care of ourselves not nanny's to do it for us.

It's really important to remember that weight loss is about learning how to eat and move your body in a healthy way. Its not about dropping pounds really fast and never being able to maintain that!

Add me as a friend.. I'm always happy to be motivational and Im a damn good listener should you need to vent! That goes for everyone else too!

We got this!!
  • kiekie33
    Options
    I just think about it like this: if you wonna make some changes things just aren't gonna change on their own. You can start now, take it slow and work at your own pace. Slow, minor improvements are better than none at all. Everytime I lose some motivation I think about the progress I have made and how i'd hate to just waste it. find out what works for you, what you can stick too and use a little willpower. Add some friends on here they're great for motivation. when I can't motivate myself a quick stroll down my timeline really helps. I'm sending you a request now:smile:
  • darkinsomnia
    darkinsomnia Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    hey,

i know exactly how you feel, as ive done the dumbest thing ever and quit smoking at the same time:angry: ! so if im not craving junk food i'm craving a cigarette, However im a week on now and its getting loads better and i feel good about it! hang in there you will feel better for it!

:)
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    thank you for that :) i do appreciate it . how do i know my calorie intake tho? like how much im supposed to have a day?

You know your calorie intake because you're using MFP to log all the food you eat. MFP has already calculated your calorie goal for you, which you see on the food page and main page.
  • amatolauren
    Options
    Thank you SOOO MUCHH! you Guys aRE WONDERFUL!!
  • amatolauren
    Options
    it gave me 2700 for my calorie intake . i read its 1200 tho :(
  • sandrac148
    sandrac148 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    When you fill out all your personal info on MFP, it will ask you how much weight you want to lose per week, and then based on the info your provide, it will tell you how many calories you should have each day. Any food you eat should be easy to find in the MFP data base, I don't think there is anything I haven't been able to find. Just make sure to enter everything you are eating, that is the key!! Do some exercise, enter it, you get more calories if you want them. You can do this!!!
  • 2PieceNow
    2PieceNow Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I still have 20 or 25lbs to go!! It's taken me 2 years to lose 80 lbs. I eat right and exercise! Some of my friends have lost 100lbs in a year!!! You have to have the right attitude and never give up!!! Set your own goals!! I have boards on pinterest when I get depressed I get motivation there or come here, or go to the gym!!!! Find your inner strength. Realize you are more then a number on a scale you are special on the inside but you are doing this to be a healthy sexy you, for YOU!!! You can do it, when you hit a plateau or get bored with exercise switch it up!! Set goals!!! Little goals! Buy a sexy dress!! Whatever it is to motivate yourself!! You can do it!!!
    Joleen
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,741 Member
    Options

You know your calorie intake because you're using MFP to log all the food you eat. MFP has already calculated your calorie goal for you, which you see on the food page and main page.

QFT

Another little note though...I have heard my girlfriends go on and on for years about how "it's not fair, celebrities have trainers and dietitians blah blah..." That's got nothing to do with us normal folks. You don't hear as many women complain that their hair/makeup and clothing can never look nice because you don't have a professional stylist...weight loss and fitness isn't all that different :-)
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes. It is persistence that gets me in the gym and keeps me going back. Telling yourself something is impossible is the first step to it becoming your reality.
  • sandrac148
    sandrac148 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    2700 seems a bit high. I need to lose 75 lbs, I am sedentary at my job and I want to lose 2 lbs a week, and it gave me 1200 calories a day.
  • Bownzi
    Bownzi Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    It is hard sometimes....but when you think about it....being healthy is its own reward...=0)
  • gkaye17
    gkaye17 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You have to know that you are worth it. And 9 times out of 10 you will always feel better once you've exercised and at the end of the day if you've eaten well and not focused your life around your meals. I got on the scale this morning after the holidays and was mortified by the number. My new mantra is JUST DO IT!! What do we have to lose except weight and the negative image we have about ourselves!!!!
  • ShelleyTurgeon
    ShelleyTurgeon Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hey,

i know exactly how you feel, as ive done the dumbest thing ever and quit smoking at the same time:angry: ! so if im not craving junk food i'm craving a cigarette, However im a week on now and its getting loads better and i feel good about it! hang in there you will feel better for it!

:)

Keep at it Friend... I did that 2 years ago and it was SOOOOO worth it :)
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    Options
    :angry: like they cant do it anymore. when your doing so well and you feel like its impossible. Christina Augulra lost weight cause she went to a gym... and worked out and ate healthy, i want to do that too but it seem impossible :( any idea to boost my self esteem and motivation.

you just need to find something that works for you.

kelly osbourne was against losing weight and exercising until she was on dancing with the stars and figured out she loved dancing, and hey, side affect, she lost some weight too!! win-win!!
  • Always_Smiling_D
    Always_Smiling_D Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    sometimes you just have to push right thru all the excuses why you can't and remind yourself of all the reasons why you should... concentrate on how you feel when you eat a moderate meal or take a 10 min walk - hold on to that feeling when you are questioning if you should then remember it... :)
  • wrk2hrd
    wrk2hrd Posts: 28
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest, I lost MOST of my total weight from 205lbs just by cutting carbs (no, I didn't follow atkins), but I cut carbs.

My first week I was down 7lbs and was FULLLLLL from all the mushrooms, bacon, peppers, grilled chicken and gallon water/day I was eating multiple times/day.

You MUST MUST MUST burn more than you are consuming if you ever want to lose a single pound.

It doesn't even matter what you eat. You just have to have more coming out, than what is going in.