Anyother geeks out there?

Options
2»

Replies

• BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    You should meet my husband ( he does all that and more) Primarily Warhammer and Werewolf?...

But we joined the local YMCA and that has helped tremendously, If I could just get him to watch his food, he would be doing great. Since most of losing weight is diet, you can do just fine with your lifestyle. Just make sure you to replace your monster and cheetos with water and carrots!
  • sunnshhiine
    sunnshhiine Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I'm a geek. Main interests are Star Wars, any Superhero-related stuff, TMNT is my absolute favorite.

I have a fanpage on FB (Awkward Nerd Girl), but it's currently deactivated because I don't have time to properly maintain it and keep up with everyone.

I also love going to Comic Cons and doing some mild cosplay when I get the chance! :)
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options
    Mee! But I'm a science nerd (lurve science) and book nerd :) Ironic I call myself a book nerd now because before 4 years ago, I could have counted the number of books I'd read on one hand. Now I'm a fiend. Lol
  • daniellemm1
    daniellemm1 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I read The Hobbit when I was 5 (with help from my dad) and have been absolutely hooked on all thing Fantasy (and sci-fi) ever since). I've also been playing video games since I was 2-3 yrs old. I'm obsessed with the Legend of Zelda, and I am proudly passing on the noble tradition to my sons :drinker:

I have read A Song of Fire and Ice, but I have only watched the first season of the tv series (so far)

If anyone with an affinity for geek culture wants to chat, feel free to add me.

When Legend of Zelda came out on Nintendo my dad and I mapped everything out. I wonder if he still has those maps?
  • TravisMalsbary
    Options
    I'm not sure if this is geeky or not, but I really love gadgets (phones, tablets, bluetooth devices, HR monitors). I play video games recreationally and normally in short 30min sessions which normally only consist of online multiplayer shooters. I really like stuff related to rooting phones and running custom ROMS ect, but I dont know if I have the imagination for RPG board games.
  • stormbornkraken
    stormbornkraken Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Since most of losing weight is diet, you can do just fine with your lifestyle. Just make sure you to replace your monster and cheetos with water and carrots!

:laugh: This, precisely!
  • stormbornkraken
    Options
    Love this post! Yes to all geekdom. I recognized your GoT handle Stormborn (even though Dany really bugs by saying it all the time! Aren't we glad everyone doesn't have to report their birthday weather when they are introduced? Hi, I'm Laura PartlyCloudy.) I agree that geeky pursuits can make us sedentary. I try to nerd out on OCD with calories and 10,000 steps and exercise. They tendencies are mutually agreeable.

Good plan!

I actually think that introduction would be charming. haha I need to find a Farmers Almanac for '86
  • SavvyCake
    SavvyCake Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Or holidays! I could run about introducing myself to everyone as Savanna Easterborn LOL
  • ModernNerd
    ModernNerd Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Nerds > geeks

Just sayin' :wink:
  • stormbornkraken
    Options
    Nerds, geeks - whatever your tag. I can dig it! Not really into exclusion factors. Roll the dice, flip the page, code like a madman, rock the cosplay.
    Gotta love mad, unrelenting passion, no matter what the focus may be.
  • james6998
    james6998 Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Hate to admit it but yes. I am very good with computers, Tech work on the side. Played many FPS games in the past at a competitive level. World of Warcraft for 5 years with almost 25 maxed out characters. Maxed on 3 characters on Diablo 3. Currently play Planetside 2 online. Favourite show of all times is MythBusters.
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    article-2442364-187E579400000578-936_634x642.jpg
  • Tech geek here! Love Anime, Cosplay and Korg synths :flowerforyou:
  • WatchKimmieGo
    Options
    WOOHOO!! Finally a place for us nerds!! :) The theme to my wedding is superheroes ... Need I say more??? :) Please add me!!
  • _TastySnoBalls_
    _TastySnoBalls_ Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Everyone is a geek or nerd around here. :yawn: :yawn:

QFT