Ladies with Body Fat < 18% and visible six packs

Options

Replies

• Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    Aww really? Sorry. I wasn't trying to be inappropriate. It's just supposed to be a yoga pose.

I was saying that I can't sit like this in office. :tongue:

It would make for an interesting day though...
  • Morgaath
    Morgaath Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    This conversation is why I ALWAYS sit like this:

silhouette_of_a_woman_doing_yoga_0515-1007-2004-4453_SM.jpg

Let gravity put the rolls in a different place. ;)

not office appropriate...had to say...

Yeah, makes it real hard to type when you sit like that.
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    I was about 23%BF in my profile pic and yep I had an awful belly buldge when sitting
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options

Yeah, makes it real hard to type when you sit like that.

speech recognition...
  • morkiemama
    morkiemama Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    Actually, there was a photographer who did a project on this very subject. I will see if I can find some links. However, the conclusion was everyone they photographed, models to overweight had "rolls" and "lower belly pooch" when sitting.
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    My bf% is somewhere in the 17% range and my stomach is pretty firm now. When I sit down I do get a bit of a wrinkle, but my stomach has carried three babies for nine months a piece, so I'm pretty darn proud of it :wink:
  • albayin
    Options
    My bf% is somewhere in the 17% range and my stomach is pretty firm now. When I sit down I do get a bit of a wrinkle, but my stomach has carried three babies for nine months a piece, so I'm pretty darn proud of it :wink:

this was I thought: "wrinkles" but not rolls of fat...I am proud for you too, and jealous. :flowerforyou:
  • twixlepennie
    twixlepennie Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options

this was I thought: "wrinkles" but not rolls of fat...I am proud for you too, and jealous. :flowerforyou:

:blushing:
  • Homemaker57
    Homemaker57 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    OH. Okay. Whew, here I thought I offended you ;) They make those virtual keyboards now; you could shine it on the bottom of your desk and type that way??
  • albayin
    Options
    Actually, there was a photographer who did a project on this very subject. I will see if I can find some links. However, the conclusion was everyone they photographed, models to overweight had "rolls" and "lower belly pooch" when sitting.

This reminds me of my other curiosity: naturally thin people, I mean as thin as runway models, must have very low body fat as well...so her 15% must look different than a fitness model who packs on muscle with lower body fat on top...so a runway model may actually show a bigger pooch than a fitness model? I don't know...
  • albayin
    Options
    OH. Okay. Whew, here I thought I offended you ;) They make those virtual keyboards now; you could shine it on the bottom of your desk and type that way??

I will defitinitely try it out when watching TV tonight~
  • Lovestoscrapbook
    Lovestoscrapbook Posts: 295 Member
    Options

Well, that explains the request from HR to meet tomorrow...
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    It's natural volume displacement, your skin and muscle have to move somewhere. Naturally out and down, so unless you are constantly flexing all the time and holding your muscles in a contract fashion, well yeah its physics.

how-i-feel-standing-up_large.jpeg
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    it does! i look like I'm pregnant on some days
  • pyrowill
    pyrowill Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    This is why, when I am at Goal weight, I will never sit down. Ever.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

This reminds me of my other curiosity: naturally thin people, I mean as thin as runway models, must have very low body fat as well...so her 15% must look different than a fitness model who packs on muscle with lower body fat on top...so a runway model may actually show a bigger pooch than a fitness model? I don't know...

that's not always the case - that naturally thin people have low body fat. You just can't see it so well when they walk tall, with a straight back.
  • albayin
    Options

that's not always the case - that naturally thin people have low body fat. You just can't see it so well when they walk tall, with a straight back.

what bf percentage do you think those stick think runway models have?
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options

what bf percentage do you think those stick think runway models have?

I wouldn't even begin to guess, but I wouldn't think it was low just because they're stick thin.
  • cingle87
    cingle87 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's natural volume displacement, your skin and muscle have to move somewhere. Naturally out and down, so unless you are constantly flexing all the time and holding your muscles in a contract fashion, well yeah its physics.

how-i-feel-standing-up_large.jpeg

This had me giggling for far too long
  • tempehforever
    tempehforever Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wait, is having a flat stomach when sitting now "a thing" I'm supposed to care about?

Between this and a "thigh gap," I just can't keep up with all of the physical insecurities I'm apparently supposed to have.