ladies

Options

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    I include a tbsp of dark chocolate chips with a handful of almonds in my regular eating habits. Or even better--mix the dark chocolate chips with peanut butter and then dip apple slices in them! Usually in the afternoons when I feel my energy waning. Helps to curb the late evening cravings.
  • kristarablue2
    kristarablue2 Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I love chocolate but I can not eat it because I have difficulty controlling my portions. I have taken a large 90% dark chocolate bar and ate the entire thing and no I did not love it, but it was too hard to stop. BUT, I did find a couple ways of soothing my need for chocolate without going crazy.

1. Chocolate protein shake
    2. Chocolate protein bars (yes they are a candy bar packed with protein, however its better than eating a regular candy bar)

and this is my new favorite.

3. Take frozen banana's (cut in chunks) put in a blender (magic bullet is what I use) and add a couple of tablespoons of dark chocolate cocoa powder,mix... its like dark chocolate ice cream....soooooo yummy and about 120 calories, no sugar added, just from the natural fruit.

Good luck!!! Enjoy.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate !! I still exercise and log everything but I can't deprive myself especially during my TOM
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Chocolate, Ice cream, cookies... whatever. I eat it all, as long as I fit it into my calorie goal.
  • MysteriousMerlin
    MysteriousMerlin Posts: 2,270 Member
    Options
    i eat chocolate and still lose weight....
    i'm pretty sure you can too!

Ditto. I eat the chocolate. Lol

Here!! When it's that time of the month, I just have what I want, in moderation, of course. If I go over my goal for a day or two, no sweat.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Chocolate?!?! And all this time I thought you guys craved the souls of men during shark week.
    h2219D04D
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Years ago when I was in Weight Watchers, I heard the best advice about cravings during weight loss...
    If you're craving something specific, instead of trying to find alternatives (and 9 times out of 10 wasting calories on things you didn't really want to eat), go ahead and have that thing you're craving, just have a little bit.

Sometimes that can be easier said than done but it is possible. For instance, when I want ice cream in the summer, instead of going out and buying a pint of Ben & Jerry's (because I'll sit and eat the whole thing, I have no control when it comes to ice cream), I go thru the McD's drive through and get one of their vanilla soft serve cones. It's cold and sweet and only 170 calories vs the 100s of calories in that pint.

What about something else that's chocolatey but not so high in calories like those FiberOne or Special K bars?
  • happyholly75
    Options
    The Ghiradelli Chocolates with chili peppers are also yummy! :D
  • Binky_Muffin
    Binky_Muffin Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Oh man, this is my weak spot. Sometimes a spoonful of Nutella does the trick for me.
  • N3rdyBird_
    N3rdyBird_ Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    This is how I get rid of those craving. Its gross, but I bought unsweetened chocolate so when I have a craving I go take a bite and the bitterness instantly turns off my craving.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The Ghiradelli Chocolates with chili peppers are also yummy! :D

Been eating the sea salt almonds one's....thanks for the tip...gonna look for these. :happy:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    This is how I get rid of those craving. Its gross, but I bought unsweetened chocolate so when I have a craving I go take a bite and the bitterness instantly turns off my craving.

Oh my no. Please don't punish your tongue that way. Just rub a bar of real chocolate all along your tongue while sticking it WAY out and then there are not cals in the data base for a tongue licks worth of chocolate so they are FREE!
  • carrieous
    carrieous Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Al. Co. Hol.
  • KRB28
    KRB28 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I eat sweets and still lose, all in moderation. Plus I might put in a little extra workout to help balance everything out.
  • ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

It could just be me but that doesn't seem like the healthiest option for dealing with cravings. The idea isn't to punish yourself for wanting chocolate, it's to teach yourself how to satisfy your cravings without blowing your calorie goal. IMO, of course.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    Options
    Years ago when I was in Weight Watchers, I heard the best advice about cravings during weight loss...
    If you're craving something specific, instead of trying to find alternatives (and 9 times out of 10 wasting calories on things you didn't really want to eat), go ahead and have that thing you're craving, just have a little bit.

Sometimes that can be easier said than done but it is possible. For instance, when I want ice cream in the summer, instead of going out and buying a pint of Ben & Jerry's (because I'll sit and eat the whole thing, I have no control when it comes to ice cream), I go thru the McD's drive through and get one of their vanilla soft serve cones. It's cold and sweet and only 170 calories vs the 100s of calories in that pint.

What about something else that's chocolatey but not so high in calories like those FiberOne or Special K bars?

This is not true. This user has never been through my "drive through", and thanks for referring to it that way. That's a new one, can't wait to tell the hubby so he can add it to his arsenal during arguments. :flowerforyou: #thatshowrumorsgetstarted
  • emtbythesea
    emtbythesea Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Eat dark chocolate - the really really tiny pieces. Eat like 2 when you are having a "moment". 3 Muskateers bars are fat free. Lol
  • missbp
    missbp Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Depriving yourself of foods that you really enjoy is a recipe for failure. Eat the chocolate. Have enough to satisfy the craving, but don't gorge yourself on it. Get a good workout in. And move on.
  • fanceegirl75
    fanceegirl75 Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate pudding or fudge pops...either that or just allow yourself something small of what you really want so you don't binge.
  • _rachinator_
    Options
    If you must eat chocolate, eat dark chocolate. It might not taste the same but it's chocolate! :) Plus dark chocolate is a little healthier for you. But it's okay to reward yourself of a little chocolate every once in a while. As long as it's not every day. Lol.