5'8-6'1 lady success stories?

Options
13»

Replies

• Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    I'm 6'. Before, I was 215, size 18. After, 155, size 6. I'm currently about 162, size 8. I'm trying to figure or this whole maintenance thing!
    32479585_5564.jpg
    I HIGHLY recommend lifting heavy. It made a world of difference for me. I met my goal weight of 155 and realized I didn't look like I wanted. I was 155 and a size 12 (left). After lifting, I was still 155, but a size 6 (right). Maintained my weight, but my body comp changed soooo much!
    32479585_8792.jpg
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options
    Can you share your lifting program? I'm seeking something simple and no nonsense that is easy to stick with, but when I poke around the Internet I see so many different plans I don't know how to choose! Your results are awesome!!

ETA oops meant to quote giraffe!!
  • golfergirl92
    golfergirl92 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and always been overweight. SW 204, down to CW 182.8. GW is 140 but I'm not sure about that because I've never been less than probably 175 as an adult. My driver's license says 162, so I want to beat that! I definitely can carry the weight because I have a bigger build--strong shoulders, small bust and waist, large hips, and athletic thighs. Been doing a bunch of kickboxing and Tae Bo workouts as well as the 30 Day Shred and lifting heavy about 2-3x a week. Definitely been seeing strength gains and changes in how my clothes fit. Went from size 12/14 in pants and L/XL in shirts to about 11/12 pants and M in shirts already. Hoping to look even better in the red dress in my profile pic! Have a giant family vacation in August to look forward to so I can't wait to buy a bikini and rock it!!! :) You girls feel free to add me as I'm on here daily and usually multiple times at that! :D
  • Junken_Diraffe
    Junken_Diraffe Posts: 716 Member
    Options
    Can you share your lifting program? I'm seeking something simple and no nonsense that is easy to stick with, but when I poke around the Internet I see so many different plans I don't know how to choose! Your results are awesome!!

I used stronglifts 5x5 and loved it!
  • yogasparkles
    yogasparkles Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks for sharing!!
  • ChaoticMum
    ChaoticMum Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I am 5'9.5" and I have yoyo'd over the years due to gaining weight while in nursing schol, then 4 pregnancies (last one being twins). After my third babe I got down to 150lb and a size 29 jean (36"leg). Four years later the twins arrived. After them I started my journey at about 160lb.
    Today, I am 149lb and still a size 31 jean. So I weigh the same as when I was 2 jean sizes smaller. I know I need to lift heavier to get down to my size. That's what I did before. I can do it again!
    I honestly have no recent pics. Last pics were about 10lb ago. I should do some now to compare when I reach my goal size. I don't gave a goal weight. A goal size.
  • FitToBeKim
    FitToBeKim Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8.
    I some how have a long torso and long legs ??
    Starting weight was 200lbs, Now in maintenance at 129lbs.
    I'm over 40yrs old so it can happen, just keep plugging along !
    Keep a positive outlook. Be nice to yourself.
    If you fall down, pick yourself back up.
    Try to get good support system.

You all are amazing !!
    You can do it !!
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Im 5'9 and currently at 140 ( goal 135). I am training for a body building competition and I have found Yoga to work great on most aspects of my body, along with running and of course weight training. Im 53 and anything IS possible.
  • squirrelzzrule22
    squirrelzzrule22 Posts: 640 Member
    Options

I used stronglifts 5x5 and loved it!

Just looked it up and this is great! Only three exercises to keep track of....I'm sold. Tall ladies who wants to firm up with me?! Starting tomorrow!
  • gurlygirlrcr80
    gurlygirlrcr80 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    5'11" and I've lost 112 pounds so far... Still a work in progress but yeah :) always looking for supportive friends
  • jlneibauer
    Options
    you look great!! what is your workout plan?
  • jlneibauer
    Options
    Or perhaps progress story? :)

Height: 5'11" (and all leg, runs in the family!! :P)
    SW: 210
    CW: 162
    GW: 150

I have been fat all my life. I was fed up with myself and started losing weight using MFP (was featured somewhere) as a senior in high school, graduated 2012. Lost 46lbs, got down to 166 between February and September. Gained gradually all the way up to 174lbs until I rejoined MFP for good recently :D and have surpassed my lowest weight! Yay!

Before pictures:
    before1.jpg
    before2-1.jpg
    before3-1.jpg

During pictures: (I finally got gutsy enough to take my first shirtless progress pictures...)
    after3.jpg
    after2.jpg
    after1.jpg

(edited trying to resize lol not good at this)

You look great!! What is your workout regimen?
  • k_perlinger
    k_perlinger Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    5'11 and heard very similar comments. SW in September 2012 was 193. Took off 30 lbs, but now I'm back up to 170. Currently wearing 8s and 10s. Would love to be wearing all 6s. If i got down to that size I wouldn't care what the scale said.
  • NeIIaBeIIa
    NeIIaBeIIa Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Progress...

I'm 5'8", so at the lower end of tall, and fairly evenly proportioned leg wise! I have just started a lifting program to help fire things up a bit.

SW 190lbs, CW 175lbs, Goal 150-160.

I wonder if my GW is too high because I see a lot of fantastic women on this post with 130lbs weights at my height or higher... but I remember being 150 after an illness and being borderline too thin, although body composition was probably sub-optimal at the time. I am a large frame with very broad shoulders etc so I guess that could be all the difference.

So 15-25lbs to go. Am a bit stuck at the moment at 175lbs... hope the lifting will help, I also am really looking for clothing size and form/shape improvements rather than absolute weight, but it is an easy thing to track!
  • dietpepsi100
    dietpepsi100 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    5'8 and I feel I am a sucess story have lost almost 170 pounds since April of 2012. Look at my profile I have some pics and have changed quite a bit still have 70ish pounds to lose but will do it!
  • bonedacious99
    bonedacious99 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Jealous of your extremely long legs! I am 5'8" with normal leg length. I'm not a success yet but so far have gone from HW: 174 to CW: 154 with a GW: of 135. I am eager to follow this thread! Us taller ladies tend to lose weight a little differently than the petite gals I think.

Y'all probably do.
  • ClintSeeber
    ClintSeeber Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Ladies, there is no need for a woman at least 5'8" to mention that she has long legs. ALL 5'8"+ women have long legs, and everyone knows it when they see them.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!