Fitness Program and Your Visible Changes?

Options
2»

Replies

• WhiteRabbit1313
    WhiteRabbit1313 Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing what worked for others to produce dramatic, visible results. I have used the search function and found various things, but still want more data, please!

Please share with me:

1. Your beginning stats (with pics, if possible)
    2. The routine you did.
    3. The diet you did.
    4. The resulting stats (with pics, if possible)
    5. The DURATION to achieve those results.

TIA!

No pics, but I'll take some by spring :)

1. 172 high, but 165 in Sept when I really focused on lifting for real.

2. Lifting 2-3 sets of 8-10 reps with key bodyweight exercises, too. Minimum 2x a week for lower body. 1-2x a week for my (injured) UB. I really aim for 2 there, but some weeks it has to be 1.

3. TDEE-10%

4.155 lbs, 12 inches gone on key measurements, definition in upper abs and 'new' serratus over my ribs! Tight, defined leg muscles (still under fat up high). 'New' muscles around knees (yay!) and gained a wee bit of size on my puny delts! Inner thigh muscles tight and not wiggly at all anymore. Lats and armit area tight and not flabby any more! Lower abs tight but still covered in fat.

Hams are dwarfing my butt, though, so it shows that if you don't challenge a muscle enough it doesn't do as well. I just got a barbell to get enough weight on those glutes (for the first time). My hams go back to big really easily without much challenge (just genetics and earlier sports).

5. Sept 1 till now.

Yep, I'll be interested to see pics! Are you doing compound lifts?
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Beginning Stats:
    5'7" about 150 lbs. I would venture to say I was 36/28.5/40
    11712_zpsfb16ce33.jpg

Routine: I did Zuzana Light workouts, called ZWOWs, almost daily. They can be found on her youtube channel. I also did the occasional jog and Jillian Michaels videos. Additionally I gave up the escalator and elevator to use the stairs and took a 30 minute walk during my lunch break. It's the little things!

Diet: Wasn't too restrictive, although I did cut out my daily candy intake. I am a snacky person so I replaced the candy with veggies and fruits. Also drank A LOT of water; I'm talking 64 oz. just while at work and probably another 16 oz in the evening. Ate oatmeal for breakfast, salads for lunch, yoplait smoothies for after workout snack and a lean protein dinner. Believe them when they say your diet is everything!

Results:
    5'7" and 142 lbs. My measurements 35/27.5/38
    fe387fae-e0cc-4775-8d7c-57ddbae45139_zpsb83cd651.jpg

Duration: January 2012-April 2012. About 4 months. Also consider that I have hypothyroidism, making weight loss a tad more difficult.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options
    1. Your beginning stats: 5'5 185-190 pounds (see profile picture)

2. The routine you did: I lost every lb from my before and after in my profile pic by running. More specifically I trained for a half marathon, so running 15-125 miles a week. I also tried to include some strength exercises like yoga and weight lifting, but not nearly as much as I should have. Working on that now.

3. The diet you did: I lost weight eating pizza, ice cream, cereal, and basically all the vegetarian junk food you can think of. On training days I ate 1800 calories, on rest days I ate 1400.

4. The resulting stats (with pics, if possible): See my profile picture, currently down to 130 pounds. All that's left is to lower my bf%!

5. The DURATION to achieve those results: It took me a year to go from 190 to 130.

Nice job! You really transformed your body! If you had it to do over, what would you do differently, in terms of weight training?

I would have done more of it. If I had lifted more I would have more muscle mass and less body fat.
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    Beginning Stats:
    5'7" about 150 lbs. I would venture to say I was 36/28.5/40
    11712_zpsfb16ce33.jpg

Routine: I did Zuzana Light workouts, called ZWOWs, almost daily. They can be found on her youtube channel. I also did the occasional jog and Jillian Michaels videos.

Diet: Wasn't too restrictive, although I did cut out my daily candy intake. I am a snacky person so I replaced the candy with veggies and fruits. Also drank A LOT of water; I'm talking 64 oz. just while at work and probably another 16 oz in the evening. Ate oatmeal for breakfast, salads for lunch, yoplait smoothies for after workout snack and a lean protein dinner. Believe them when they say your diet is everything!

Results:
    5'7" and 142 lbs. My measurements 35/27.5/38
    fe387fae-e0cc-4775-8d7c-57ddbae45139_zpsb83cd651.jpg

Duration: January 2012-April 2012. About 4 months. Also consider that I have hypothyroidism, making losing weight a tad more difficult.

Nice job! Did you like the JM videos?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

2. The routine you did: I lost every lb from my before and after in my profile pic by running. More specifically I trained for a half marathon, so running 15-125 miles a week. I also tried to include some strength exercises like yoga and weight lifting, but not nearly as much as I should have. Working on that now.

3. The diet you did: I lost weight eating pizza, ice cream, cereal, and basically all the vegetarian junk food you can think of. On training days I ate 1800 calories, on rest days I ate 1400.

4. The resulting stats (with pics, if possible): See my profile picture, currently down to 130 pounds. All that's left is to lower my bf%!

5. The DURATION to achieve those results: It took me a year to go from 190 to 130.

Nice job! You really transformed your body! If you had it to do over, what would you do differently, in terms of weight training?

I would have done more of it. If I had lifted more I would have more muscle mass and less body fat.

Makes sense. What's your current plan with weight training?
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love them! She's very motivating. I have done the 30 Day Shred video for 30 days and I saw great changes with that. I also have Yoga Meltdown, No More Trouble Zones, Kickbox Fast Fix, and Banish Fat Boost Metablism. They are great boredom busters if you're in a rut.
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I'm interested in knowing what worked for others to produce dramatic, visible results. I have used the search function and found various things, but still want more data, please!

Please share with me:

2. The routine you did.
    3. The diet you did.

TIA!

Beginning stats: 5'5", 217 pounds, size 18 / 20
    Routine: C25K 3 days a week, elliptical 2 days a week, strength training 3 days a week
    Diet: Just kept my NET calories under 1800 most days
    Resulting stats: 5'5", 157 pounds, size 12 with an occasional find in a 10!
    Duration: About a year and a half but I didn't get serious with exercise until April 2013 and I hit 157 pounds in November

Before
    Before_zps5d993461.jpg

After
    5f645c4b-24a9-41cc-a47c-ebeee63b8c25_zps6078914e.jpg
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    I love them! She's very motivating. I have done the 30 Day Shred video for 30 days and I saw great changes with that. I also have Yoga Meltdown, No More Trouble Zones, Kickbox Fast Fix, and Banish Fat Boost Metablism. They are great boredom busters if you're in a rut.

Hey, thanks for the info!
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options

Please share with me:

2. The routine you did.
    3. The diet you did.

TIA!

Beginning stats: 5'5", 217 pounds, size 18 / 20
    Routine: C25K 3 days a week, elliptical 2 days a week, strength training 3 days a week
    Diet: Just kept my NET calories under 1800 most days
    Resulting stats: 5'5", 157 pounds, size 12 with an occasional find in a 10!
    Duration: About a year and a half but I didn't get serious with exercise until April 2013 and I hit 157 pounds in November

Before
    Before_zps5d993461.jpg

After
    5f645c4b-24a9-41cc-a47c-ebeee63b8c25_zps6078914e.jpg

Wow! You look awesome!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    My profile picture shows the before and after. I started out running and then went to beachbody workouts.T25 Alpha,Beta and Gamma being the main ones. Watching what I eat,most of the time And drinking shakeology. Which give you incredible nutrition!
  • aljharvey
    aljharvey Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    1. Your beginning stats (with pics, if possible) 240 ish. Profile pic.
    2. The routine you did. Heavy weight training 5x a week with cardio on those days, either basketball or elliptical.
    3. The diet you did. high protein low fat diet with, made sure I was at a calorie deficit of -500.
    4. The resulting stats (with pics, if possible) 210ish. Profile pic
    5. The DURATION to achieve those results. Took about 2 years to get where I am now, I had back surgery and couldn't lift for about 11 months.
  • TheGymGypsy
    TheGymGypsy Posts: 1,023 Member
    Options

Makes sense. What's your current plan with weight training?

I recently had a breast augmentation so I can only do lower body work out and light cardio right now. So I do 2 lower body work outs a week in conjunction with cardio.
  • FrnkLft
    FrnkLft Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    You're going about this all wrong, because you're asking the wrong questions. What are YOUR goals?
  • WhiteRabbit1313
    Options
    You're going about this all wrong, because you're asking the wrong questions. What are YOUR goals?

Agreed. haha! I'll PM you.