Hi I'm new. Can I get some friends please?

Hi! I used this site in 2012 and lost 40 pounds. I felt better than I ever did. I got cocky and stopped monitoring my calories and just guessed at it all. Eventually I stopped exercising and told myself I'll just maintain for awhile until I can get back into my groove. Fast forward to today and I'm 20 pounds over my 2012 beginning weight so all the hard work I put in went to the dogs. My hips hurt, my back hurts and I'm way too tired in the mornings. I'm done with dealing with my weight and I want it gone. I weight 333 pounds and would like to be around 165. I wasn't even 165 in middle school. I'm back in that mind set I was in when I started in 2012 and feel I can keep it up with this if I have some friends for support. Thanks

Replies

• brandi712
    brandi712 Posts: 407 Member
    Welcome (again) :wink: Friend me if you want. I just started using this site and I love it already, albeit some posts on the message boards can be downright mean. I just ignore those. Like you, I got cocky and stopped counting my calories. I did great for awhile and then got lazy, started eating whatever. New year, new me. Let's do this
  • Oh hugs! We've all been there. We lose weight and we get so excited about it we stop to even care if we are over our limit or not. I've been on a plateau for a while now because I had stopped being careful about what I put into my body (and final exams have kidnapped me. lol). The key is to diet and exercised. Dieting never works alone, at least in my experience. Walking is a great way to start out if you have back or joint pain.
  • wellygogs1
    wellygogs1 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi there, I'm new to this too. Hoping to get some inspiration from other users in this weight loss battle, I've been on since a young age. I started a new health plan this week and have made some short term goals, 4 weekly to use as a focus. I want to lose around 3 stone. Maybe more, want to be realistic and go for a weight that will suit me and that I can maintain in the long term. Good luck on your journey.