Lunch ideas

Options
what are you guys having for lunch? i'm having a hard time trying to find something that's easy to prepare healthy and ill like it. iv been getting recipes off of SkinnyTaste website but alot of things i like have cheese and sour cream ( trying to cut it out my first 21 days) and don't taste good without them. Any recipes ?

Replies

• golden_sunshine14
    Options
    Veggie scrambled eggs:
    4 florets of broccoli
    1/2 cup kale
    1 whole egg
    2 egg whites
    1 tsp parmesan cheese
    1 tsp olive oil

Serve with 1 slice whole grain toast and a piece of fruit. This was my post workout lunch today. Nothing wrong with having breakfast for lunch, plus it has a good amount of protein that will keep you going to your next snack (20g).
  • golden_sunshine14
    Options
    Also, if you want something to help replace the sour cream, try low fat sour cream or plain greek yogurt.
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt with blueberries, strawberries, tsp honey and 1/4 granola. Yummy and 12 grams of protein for 240 calories.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I save leftovers from my evening meals and freeze them in individual portion tubs. At weekends I make a big batch of soup/ stew from the fridge, and do the sane with that.
  • Supawmn18
    Supawmn18 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Okay, I had grilled chicken breast and sauteed green bell pepper, with a little sprinkle of shredded provolone cheese. yummy!!!!! I eat this for lunch or dinner.
  • keem88
    keem88 Posts: 1,689 Member
    Options
    i like to make a veggie soup in the slow cooker and have soup for the week. - half head of cabbage, can of crushed tomatoes with liquid, veggie stock, diced potatoes, mushrooms, eggplant, diced zucchini, spices, chicken if you eat meat if not then tofu, spices and some water.

also i bring leftovers to work.

do you have access to a fridge and microwave?

mashed chickpeas mix in greek yogurt and spices like dillweed, onion powder, garlic powder, chives and have that on a sandwich with lettuce and tomato.

salad with cucumbers feta olives tomatoes peppers mushrooms and honey mustard dressing

flat out wrap and make a pizza out of it

i like to make vegetarian chili as well and bring that serve over rice, couscous or quinoa
  • rlmassman84
    rlmassman84 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I make soup every weekend and pre portion it. Some I freeze for future weeks and some I plan on eating that same week. One of the soups I make most often is a chicken stock based potato soup.

Potato and Cocktail Sausage Soup

1 Large potato (cubed 1/2 inch)
    2 Large carrots chopped
    3 Stalks celery chopped
    1/2 onion chopped
    1/3 pack cocktail sausages sliced into thin rounds (1/4 inch thick)
    6 cups low/no sodium chicken stock
    salt
    pepper
    white wine vinegar

Brown sliced sausage in heavy pot over medium high heat. Turn down heat to medium and add carrots, onion, and celery and cook for 3-4 minutes. Add potatoes and chicken stock and slowly bring up to a simmer. Let soup simmer until carrots potatoes are fork tender. Add a splash of vinegar and salt and pepper to taste.
  • kat_para_
    kat_para_ Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Glazed tilapia, roasted asparagus and garlic mashed sweet potatoes. I have this almost every day.