Diet Coke

Options
Am I the only health conscious person addicted to Diet Coke, I'm 53, 5'9 140lbs, I eat healthly, exercise 7 days a week for at least 1.5 hours a day, run marathons and am currently training for a body building competition. What's my problem:grumble:

Replies

• tdh115
    tdh115 Posts: 52
    Options
    I am not sure what your problem is, other than your Diet Coke has an addictive ingredient. I gave up all soda's right away. I loved regular Coke but just to many calories to justify and once I switched to water I did not see any nutritional value in drinking diet soda when there are so many benefits to water. And to be honest I hated water. Now I crave you.

I am not really that health conscious and do not exercise near as much as I should. But I was able to give up the soda habit. You can too.

There is absolutely NOTHING in your Diet Coke that is good for you. Just pick a day and end it all. I actually stopped all caffeine but
    that was not my plan. I just found once I started drinking water I really didn't want anything else.

Good Luck!!
  • jos05
    jos05 Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I love love love love LOVE!!!! Diet Dr. Pepper... and I am not ready to give it up EVER!!! I've tried! I now limit myself to one a day at work... and that's it. And that's tough! But I survive. One a day... surely won't kill me?!
  • fredgiblet
    fredgiblet Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Probably not. I can't stand diet drinks at all, which means for me it's regular or nothing. Luckily I'm big enough at the moment that my calorie budget has room for a can or two a day if I'm willing to give up some real food. Once I finish my current stock though I'm probably going to stop buying it completely. It'll suck, but hopefully I'll stop craving it quickly.
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with you. I've been drinking a can of diet coke 4-5 days a week for over 30 years now.

Although the poster is correct that there's no nutritional value to it, I find it refreshing and a good mid-day pick-me-up.

Or course, if it bothers you, you could always switch to beer! :drinker:
  • IronMikeFox
    Options
    I am totally addicted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have tried to quit multiple times, but I just can't help it!
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am down to 3 a day from about 12 so it is a beginning. And yes I do drink my 8 glasses of water :smile:
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    in b4 diet drinks are teh devil. and all teh toxins.
  • reggie7727
    reggie7727 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I tried switching to Coors Light but it did not go over well at the office.
  • jennycina93
    jennycina93 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I drink diet soda too. I know its not good for me but its one thing that tastes good and has zero calories.
  • TheresaTester
    TheresaTester Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I have the same kind of craving--only my target is Diet Cherry Coke. Love it!:drinker:
  • RedHotRunner
    RedHotRunner Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I tried switching to Coors Light but it did not go over well at the office.
    :laugh:
  • norrisski
    norrisski Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    I am 54, 5ft 6 in, and 147 pounds I try to wean down to one a day and then pretty soon I am back up to 3 a day and have to start all over again. I also drink 120 ounces of water per day as well. Maybe I just need to go cold turkey. When I was on chemotherapy diet coke tasted nasty and I was hoping that it would carry over but it didn't so three years later I am still drinking the stuff.
  • GetSoda
    GetSoda Posts: 1,267 Member
    Options
    I am not sure what your problem is, other than your Diet Coke has an addictive ingredient. I gave up all soda's right away. I loved regular Coke but just to many calories to justify and once I switched to water I did not see any nutritional value in drinking diet soda when there are so many benefits to water. And to be honest I hated water. Now I crave you.

I am not really that health conscious and do not exercise near as much as I should. But I was able to give up the soda habit. You can too.

There is absolutely NOTHING in your Diet Coke that is good for you. Just pick a day and end it all. I actually stopped all caffeine but
    that was not my plan. I just found once I started drinking water I really didn't want anything else.

Good Luck!!

Except the 95% of it, which is water, and is terrific for you.

The rest is neutral to meh.
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    I am totally addicted to Diet Coke...I drink WAY too much of it. I need to cut down to 1-2 glasses a day and do plan on doing that in the near future. I don't drink water and that is a bad thing for me. I plan on replacing soda with water or decaf iced tea.
  • MrsCZM138
    MrsCZM138 Posts: 116
    Options

Or course, if it bothers you, you could always switch to beer! :drinker:

I like this advice! :wink:

I have a diet mountain dew a day. No shame!
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I love diet cherry Dr Pepper and coke ;)
  • AsparagusFinch
    AsparagusFinch Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hey :)

I used to be MEGA addicted to diet coke a few years back. Where I used to live shops closed really early, and I'd get massive diet coke cravings. So I'd call dominoes pizza and order 6 2ltr bottles to get the price high enough for them to deliver. I did that about 4 times! Shameful, I know - and I'd get through all 6 in about 3 days.

But in 2013 I gave up diet coke for a year as a New Years resolution, and, believe it or not, I really didn't drink any for the entire year. Now it's 2014 and I've had a can… and I've really lost my taste for it! If you went cold turkey for a bit I'm sure you'd be the same :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,566 Member
    Options
    Moderation of it isn't harmful. Personally I've been drinking diet Pepsi for over 25 years now with none of the purported issues claimed by "naturalists".

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • luckydays27
    luckydays27 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    diet pepsi fan here, and I have lost 62 lbs without giving up a drop of it.

I also drink about 10 cups of water a day.

I pee a lot.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    I love Diet Coke. And Diet Mtn Dew.

Diet Pepsi is surprisingly gross.