hard time meeting minimum calorie intake with Atkins

Options
hi all,

so I'm 4 days into the Atkins induction phase, I'm restricted to 20 carbs/day max. it's been wicked easy, I didn't realize how many of the foods I already enjoyed were low-carb-friendly! I've lost a few pounds of bloat and I'm sleeping better already, which is great. however, with all the protein I'm taking in, I'm finding that I'm not very hungry during the day. I have been mindlessly skipping meals or just having snacks at mealtime. I haven't fulfilled my minimum calories/day as calculated by MFP in almost a week, and I'm concerned I may sabotage my weight loss by under-eating, and obviously I don't want to deprive my body of it's fuel. for example today, I've eaten all 3 meals and some snacks, but with the calorie burn imported from my FitBit tracker, I have only taken in 920ish net calories. any tips or suggestions when looking for foods super low in carbs but higher in calories? I don't want to eat just to eat, but I don't want to cause negative effects either. thanks MFP!

Replies

• J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    Avocados and nuts are very calorie dense. Are they permitted during induction?

My wife told me olives, cheese and cucumbers is a good snack...

I also used to make her fresh whipped cream in the magic bullet... lots of calories there.
  • Amy910
    Amy910 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    nuts are a little too carby for this phase, but I didn't realize that avocados have more fiber than carbs, so are almost completely carb-free! thank you!
  • jayrudq
    jayrudq Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    There are SO MANY sites out there that are for low carb lifestyle. Seriously, google is your friend here. Low Carb Friends come to mind immediately, but there is a plethora of them. Eat. It is really important that you get enough calories.
  • Zomxilla
    Options
    You need to eat more fat. It's easy to add in - cook your meals in butter or coconut oil. Easily adds around 100 calories. It's annoying to put into MFP but it adds up.
  • Amy910
    Amy910 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    thanks guys and gals, I'm going to check out Low Carb Friends and get some ideas and recipes. I'm irritated about not eating enough, I don't feel hungry or anything buy I know I can't sustain myself on less than 1000 calories/day. I'll definitely add more oils in my cooking and start incorporating fattier foods. thank you for the help!