REPOST: Jordans Super Berry Granola - making me feel guilty

Options
Hi :)

I thought I posted this about two hours ago, but it seems like I can't find it, and there was a mishap with my account.
I'll try to make it brief this time since the previous post was way too long.
I've been really keen on losing weight since a few months back, and I try to balance my diet constantly, with vegetables and fruits, yogurt, tofu. But I live in Asia and some things are really hard to find or are expensive.
I've been searching other healthy weight loss options, and I discovered muesli.
I've always heard of muesli, and am a huge fan of oats so I looked into it, and found a site that sold imported muesli.
There were bunch of healthy nutritional snacks that were being sold on the site such as dried fruit, oatmeal, nuts, you know the usual?
When I spotted GRANOLA. Jordans SuperBerry Granola to be precise.
I am a huge fan of granola so I put it in my shopping cart right away along with some chocolate muesli.
After 3 days, the package came, and I ate some right on the spot with a cup of skim milk. Obviously, it was good, filling and I felt healthy.
I've been having granola about once a week, every other week here and then, whenever I was hungry but felt like I needed to be cautious with my diet. I thought this would help me lose weight.
Today, I figured that I've been eating too much food in general (holiday season, new year's n whatnot) so I wanted to cut down on the fats and carbs I've been notoriously devouring the past few weeks. I decided to have some of the granola in greek yogurt, and packed about 100 grams of it with another 50g of muesli with 50g of dried bananas for lunch at work as a healthier option compared to what I had been eating. I don't eat dinner.
I had my lunch around 12pm today, and had one of those Lotus caramelized cookies thinking that I could treat myself.
But feeling a little "too" full and feeling as if I had an overdose on my granola today, I went online.
When I discovered, not only did I have too much today but granola is horrible for weight loss.
Every single blog post, review, article stated, very bluntly too, that Jordans granola is a horrible choice.
And now I'm feeling terrible, fat, fat, unhealthy, and grumpy that I've been eating such.

If there's anyone kind enough out there who could let me know the pros and cons of granola, and reassure me that I'm not going to turn into a bloated animal for eating so much, I'd appreciate it.
I may sound like I'm joking, but I am extremely sensitive with losing weight nowadays so I'd be really grateful if you could let me know that granola still consists of nutrients that could help with weight loss.
I'm not eating dinner too so I'm hoping that helps.

It's my first time on the site for myfitnesspal, and the app's been helping me lots, I really hope to get to know more of you on this site, and sorta support each other with our goals to become healthier (& skinnier in my case!).
Thanks for hearing me out! :)

Replies

• talilakay2
    talilakay2 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    CALM DOWN! :)

Just weigh it out and fit it into your day. you probably shouldn't have 100g of it, and i see why you're really full after. (I sometimes have 1/2 cup of granola with a yoghurt for breakfast, and it keeps me really full until my morning snack.)

Don't group foods into 'good' and 'bad' categories, you're just over-complicating things. Use this website to track your food, then you'll know whether you're on track or not. Weighing everything helps as well, pasta, rice and cereal are all shocking when you weigh it and see how little 100g is...

There are loads of great posts on these forums, i suggest you do lots of reading to help you understand how weight loss really works.
  • strawberrylait
    Options
    Thank you!!
    Yeah, i searched up how little 100g is, and I was somewhat relieved :)

I'll have to come back onto this site a lot more often