Looking for Success Stories with PCOS

Options
bunnysone
bunnysone Posts: 486 Member
I'm training a couple of girls suffering PCOS and I wondered if anybody out there has had success with weight loss whilst having PCOS?

If so, what did you do differently that worked for YOU? (Obviously it may not work for everyone!)

Replies

• dicoveringwhoIam
    dicoveringwhoIam Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    Metformin. Low carb diet. Weight training. Lots of water. Lastly patience. This combo is finally working for me. Takes longer to lose weight. I also try to do 4-5 meals a day.
  • carlenemize
    Options
    yes agree drink lots of water exercise ,, less fatty foods or avoid it.
  • zombiemomjo
    zombiemomjo Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of cardio was all that worked for me. When I did the 10 week boot camp with diet/cardio/strength, I only lost 7 lbs. When I just focused on cardio and calories in/calories out with reduced carbs, I lost 30 lbs. The weight was creeped back up a little, because I'm not on the right birth control pill for hormone control, and I've switched up the workout too often (injuries and such) and lost my groove.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!