Worst gift for a woman

Options
13»

Replies

• Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    My EX husband was completely horrible at buying gifts.... for our first valentines day together as man and wife he bought me a gecko from the gift store.... at the airport.... where he worked (he worked at the airport, not the gift store) ....I have no fascination with gecko's ...I'm not a big lizard fan, and even worse it had orange in it...(I absolutely hate the color orange). But hey, at least he got something right?

our first christmas together he got me a manicure set for acrylic nails complete with buffing files and nail decals (ohhhhhh) ..... I don't have acrylic nails.

for my birthday he got me a phone charger for my car....(I already had a phone charger for my car...my phone is always charged....If there was an underlying hint here I completely missed it) ... and it was also orange!

Mind you, I took these gifts graciously, and didn't complain ....some people just have no idea when it comes to gift giving... he must be one of them so when it started getting close to our 1st year anniversary I started dropping hints to help him out....(obvious hints) keeping in mind that the first year anniversary is paper. For him I took the lyrics to a song that we had dubbed as "our song" wrote it on some antiqued paper, signed it and put our wedding date beneath and framed it. I got nothing .... I take that back... after I gave him the present, a card and a "Happy Anniversary!" I got a "happy anniversary" back and a smack on the *kitten* as he walked out the door to go to work....

I would say the gecko was probably the worst though... I was trying to figure out for hours what gecko's had to do with valentines day, love, our relationship or anything that would have made it a good gift...
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    My EX one year for Valentines Day got me a used wee eater from the pawn shop....and nothing else... what an a**
  • Leaping_Lemur
    Leaping_Lemur Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    My EX one year for Valentines Day got me a used wee eater from the pawn shop....and nothing else... what an a**

I really, really hope that's a typo for weed eater.
  • cndslee
    cndslee Posts: 256 Member
    Options

I really, really hope that's a typo for weed eater.

LOL it is....
  • RaggedyPond
    RaggedyPond Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options

wee eater... lmao
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I remember one year (waaaaay back) my man got me a VCR/DVD player (remember those?)... I was so pissed! It was for X-MAS!

Just because I said it would be cool to have one he thought it would be a great gift! LOL! We got in a fight because I was like WTF? This a family gift, not a sexy wife gift!!! LMAO remembering that ish.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    things I actually want from this thread...

1- wine bra
    2- hand held dirt devil
    3- "go girl" pink artificial peen (I just wanna TRY it!)
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Duck Dynasty Chia pet.
  • Crimson_Fire
    Crimson_Fire Posts: 2,504 Member
    Options
    Anything from the As Seen On TV website.
    http://www.asseenontv.com

Pajama jeans
    Comfort Gel Toliet Seat Cushion
    WaxVac Ear Cleaner
    Flexible Hose
    Chillow
  • Inner_Goddess
    Inner_Goddess Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    a "homemade" cookbook composed of his favorite recipes by his mom :explode: I can cook and bake circles around that woman!!!
  • manda1978
    manda1978 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    An iron. My husband got this for me on our first Christmas together. Not impressed at all.
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Do not want.

You guys missed an important word. Not only is it wee, it's *used* wee. And we all know that woman hate the word "used" almost as much as they hate the word "moist". And it is undoubtedly moist too. /shudder
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    I remember one year (waaaaay back) my man got me a VCR/DVD player (remember those?)... I was so pissed! It was for X-MAS!

Just because I said it would be cool to have one he thought it would be a great gift! LOL! We got in a fight because I was like WTF? This a family gift, not a sexy wife gift!!! LMAO remembering that ish.
    Really? I would have thought that was an awesome gift (when VHS was still a thing). Especially if he got it because he remembered you saying it'd be cool to have one. *shrug*