Options
aprilflower18232
aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
Anyone have any good salmon recipes?

Replies

• fitpiglet24
    fitpiglet24 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    salmon is probably my favorite food EVER so i've experimented a bunch. lately i've been baking it was fresh chopped garlic, some oregano, parsley and some sea salt. then i sautee up some onions with some kale and then steam up a pot of brown rice. sometimes i'll plate it all pretty so the salmon is on top of the rice and then top it with the onions and kale but i recently discovered sea snax (sea weed with olive oil and salt, sounds gross but as the package says, they're "strangely addictive") so i've been mixing everything together and making little sushi rolls. its delish!!!!!
  • JaimeLaRae
    JaimeLaRae Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    For breakfast this morning, I had two basted eggs (in water) I sprinkled some smoked salmon I had made last summer on it while cooking (about 1/4 cup). Very filling & tasty! The salmon gave it enough flavor that there was no extra seasonings or oils/butter needed. Comes up to about 250 calories.
  • FrauMama
    FrauMama Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I use fresh lemon juice, fresh grated ginger, chopped green onions, some tamari (or soy) sauce, and olive oil and bake/broil. So decadent-tasting. Leftovers get made into salad (mixed with homemade mayo) and are also tasty.
  • hananah89
    hananah89 Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    marinated in soy sauce and then I throw it on a hot skillet
  • CookNLift
    CookNLift Posts: 3,660 Member
    Options
    One pot wonder:

Garlic and Ginger Teriyaki Salmon
    Ingredients:
    • 1/2 c Lite Soy Sauce
    • 1 c Water
    • 5 tbsp. Sugar
    • 1 Tsp Minced Garlic
    • 1/2 tsp Ginger
    • 1 Salmon Fillet (Medium Sized for about one portion)
    • 1/2 c Sticky Rice

Saute the garlic and ginger and combine with water, soy sauce, sugar. Reduce slightly. Cook sticky rice in a small-medium sauce pan. When rice is 1/4 way finished, make a bowl out of aluminum foil and put in the salmon with 1/2 - 3/4 sauce and make a pouch out of the aluminum foil around it. Place it on top of the rice and cover. Steam on low until rice is done...salmon should be about medium-medium well at this point. Garnish with green onions and remaining sauce over rice.

You can also do another million things with it by blackening it with cajun spices in a skillet, grilling it with honey, making a dijon mustard sauce for it, or a dill butter sauce. You can literally do almost anything with salmon....except chocolate....I don't recommend making anything out of chocolate for it.
  • gloriaeffe
    gloriaeffe Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    2 go to recipes for salmon:

1 - Baked dill salmon over zucchini noodles
    Put salmon fillets in a baking sheet covered with baking paper. Top salmon with a bit of dill. Bake for 20minutes at 180 degrees C
    In the meanwhile, wash and cut into small pieces a few asparagus and set aside.
    Using a juilienne peeler cut tiny strips from the zucchini and set aside.
    In a bowl mix 2Tbs greek yoghurt, juice and zest of half lemon, dill, pepper.
    Heat a tiny amount of olive oil (or coconut oil spray) in a non-sticky skillet. Add a bit of garlic powder. Add asparagus and let cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or so. Then add zucchini "noodles" and let cook for 2 minutes turning frequently (no more than that or they will turn soggy).
    Remove from heat, mix in yoghurt sauce. Put in plate and top with salmon fillet.

2 - Orange and ginger salmon
    Preheat oven to 200C.
    Place each salmon fillet onto a rather large piece of parchment paper (for my recipe I used 3 fillets).
    Top with a few asparagus spears washed and trimmed.
    In a bowl mix juice and zest of half orange, add 1Tbs grated ginger, 3 Tbs salt reduced soy sauce.
    Top each fillet with 1/3 of the sauce, being careful of not letting the juice spill from the packets.
    Fold each packet at the best of your ability - make sure they're tightly closed or liquid will go out while cooking. You can use paper clips to secure.
    Place on a baking sheet and put in oven for 15-20 minutes depending on how big your salmon fillets are.
  • RenewedRunner
    RenewedRunner Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite foods. I used to work for a tribal school and one of myfavorite parents would bring me fresh caught salmon from his fishing trips.sooooo good!

You can do all kinds of seasonings with some butter. I do garlic, parsley, shallots, lemon juice, tarragon, white wine,salt , and pepper. Don't melt the butter, just mix it at room temp, baste on top. Yuuuum!

I love this recipe-simple and easy clean up! ;)
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/salmon-baked-in-foil-recipe/index.html

I do something similar to this as well, my kids love it but I def avoid canned fish. Gross stuff
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/melissa-darabian/salmon-cakes-recipe/index.html

I also pan fry in a little olive oil, sea salt, and pepper.sometimes squeeze a dash of fresh lemon on it

If you plan on eating it frequently, definitely recommend a cedar plank.
  • aprilflower18232
    aprilflower18232 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Thank you....I love salmon!!! I admit that I, myself had never made it until a few months ago, only ordered it out only because the rest of the people in my house won't though it, but now I cook one meal for myself and one for them so I can have it whenever u want!
  • scottkjar
    scottkjar Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    4 minutes on the George Foreman Grill.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    salmon + cayenne pepper + lemon = dinner
    side with rice and veggies, yum.

i dont include amounts because it is totally up to you how much to use! i cover the darned fish in pepper, burn it black on the outside. it is a spicy, squishy fishy when i am done.
  • JourneyingJessica
    JourneyingJessica Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Believe it or not poached salmon is amazing, quick and stupid easy.

About 1C liquid ~ water or white wine or chicken broth

Put liquid in a shallow pan, add fish bring to almost boiling. Reduce heat & simmer for 5 minutes.

That will cook a 7oz piece of salmon without skin

If you don't over cook it, it's more moist with less cleanup than baked or fried.
  • Bella0531
    Bella0531 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    I LOVE salmon!

Blackened is by far my favorite way to prepare it (especially if you put a warm blackened filet over a cold caesar salad ... YUM!!)

But, I also like it:
    - Baked in foil with lemon and dill
    - Broiled with lemon pepper or a mix of salt, pepper, garlic, cayenne
    - Poached in chicken stock
    - Baked plain, shredded and turned into cakes (similar to crab cakes)
    - Steamed with salt, pepper, lemon and zucchini
  • livelifelift
    livelifelift Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    If it has skin on (best way) I like to keep it simple and season it, then pan fry it in a little oil. I start it off on a rally high heat for a minute or so to get the skin nice and crispy and then turn the heat right down to let it cook slowly and stay moist.

If it has no skin on, I sometimes bake it en papillote. I just season, add a little butter, lemon juice, couple of cloves of garlic, sometimes some fresh herbs, then wrap it in parchment or tin foil and bake it.
  • wahelga
    wahelga Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Drizzle with maple syrup and grated fresh ginger and bake
  • Foodiethinking
    Foodiethinking Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Steamed! Always steamed in the microwave for a couple of minutes with a little water- delish. I would marinate it, but I just love the clean cut flavours of salmon so much... I want salmon now lol
  • MrsCurvyFab
    MrsCurvyFab Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    lemon, chili powder, and a bit of sea salt. me and my husband favorite. actually had it last night with some green beans and spinach.
  • dennik15
    dennik15 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Foil packet in the oven with a drizzle of fresh lemon juice, a tsp of unsalted butter, and some julienned fresh basil. Even my incredibly picky children love it this way.
  • ironbloom
    Options
    Thanks
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    This is great with the Oriental Ramen Salad on this site.

http://soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/05/pineapple-teriyaki-salmon.html