Top 5 TV "Jump the Shark" moments

Options

Replies

• MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    anytime any show has a "special musical show" like Grey's Anatomy did..... WTF?

LIES Once More with Feeling! was one of my favorite episodes of Buffy. (Of course it is the ONLY musical episode I've ever liked)
  • StarlaDesiree
    StarlaDesiree Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Gotta add Supernatural.... they probably should have ended the show after season 5 or so... although it is getting better again, and I won't deny I love watching Jensen Ackles do... pretty much anything.... But why do the writers keep killing them and bringing them back? C'mon, there has to be a bit more creativity in the group than THAT.

Also, Doctor Who. Not really the show, but the most recent companion, Clara. Her character kind of jumped the shark when we discovered her purpose, but other than that, she is worthless and has no personality or character development.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    Mork & Mindy, when they brought in their "son" who was an old guy (Jonathan Winter) aging backwards.
  • xombiebite
    xombiebite Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Gotta add Supernatural.... they probably should have ended the show after season 5 or so... although it is getting better again, and I won't deny I love watching Jensen Ackles do... pretty much anything.... But why do the writers keep killing them and bringing them back? C'mon, there has to be a bit more creativity in the group than THAT.

Also, Doctor Who. Not really the show, but the most recent companion, Clara. Her character kind of jumped the shark when we discovered her purpose, but other than that, she is worthless and has no personality or character development.

i want Pond back!!!!! and matt smith :angry:

and like you said supernatural is getting old but if they ever stop making the show i don't know what i would do without my winchester brothers especially Sam!
  • Dgadd17
    Dgadd17 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Have to bring up the obvious here...when "Dallas" brought Bobby back and the whole previous season was completely wiped out.
  • RonnieLodge
    RonnieLodge Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    The entire last season of Arrested Development.

It was awesome before, but the last season was just awful.

Except for the Gob episode. But that is because Gob is awesome.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

and like you said supernatural is getting old but if they ever stop making the show i don't know what i would do without my winchester brothers especially Sam!

Agreed...I need my Winchesters. And Cas...don't tell me what happens in season 9!
  • Slacker16
    Slacker16 Posts: 1,184 Member
    Options
    3 words:
    Panda rapes Homer.
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options

-clip-

To be fair, Doctor Who more or less jumps the shark every time they get a new Doctor. Or a new companion. That's part of the show. Back in classic, when Jon Pertwee was replaced by Tom Baker, there was quite an uproar, but Tom Baker ended up being the most popular Doctor for 2+ decades. And Colin Baker replacing Peter Davidson was truly a tragedy, according to many fans.

I do miss the Ponds, though. I haven't seen all of s7 yet (working on it right now) so I haven't seen any of Peter Capaldi yet, but from what else of his I've encountered, I think it'll work out okay.
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Mork & Mindy, when they brought in their "son" who was an old guy (Jonathan Winter) aging backwards.

Exactamundo!
  • StarlaDesiree
    Options

-clip-

To be fair, Doctor Who more or less jumps the shark every time they get a new Doctor. Or a new companion. That's part of the show. Back in classic, when Jon Pertwee was replaced by Tom Baker, there was quite an uproar, but Tom Baker ended up being the most popular Doctor for 2+ decades. And Colin Baker replacing Peter Davidson was truly a tragedy, according to many fans.

I do miss the Ponds, though. I haven't seen all of s7 yet (working on it right now) so I haven't seen any of Peter Capaldi yet, but from what else of his I've encountered, I think it'll work out okay.

All of what you said is true. I'm excited to see Capaldi. I am not excited for Clara though. I kind of consider her the Kristen Stewart of the Whoniverse at the moment. I don't think it's the actress's fault. Something is just lacking in terms of her character. All of the previous companions have been so dynamic and she just seems to be a one-trick pony. :(
  • StarlaDesiree
    Options

Agreed...I need my Winchesters. And Cas...don't tell me what happens in season 9!

Yes, absolutely. If the characters weren't so damn lovable (and hot) I would have been over Supernatural a long time ago...
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    supernatural : when they brought sam back from the cage. the series should have ended with the season 5 finale with dean in his new life.

heroes : season 3 i think. sylar enters the company and instead of that guy (the cheerleader's dad) shooting him in the head, he just shoots him in the chest several times.

lost : when the writers admitted early in sason 2 that they had no idea where they were going with the story and were just riding the popularity while they could

friends : ross and rachel's baby

scooby do : scrappy do. puppy power my *kitten*. that character needed punched in the face power
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Anytime Ted McGinley is brought onto the show.

QFT
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    He was good for a season. The first three years of MASH were greatness. Years 4 through 6, ok. Years 7 through 11, a politcal platform for Alda.

Also QFT
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    Eureka Season 4 and on. The alternate time line due to the time travel.

Disagree! LOVED how they ended that series with the time travel thing.
  • obrientp
    obrientp Posts: 546 Member
    Options
    MASH - When Frank Burns left

Hey now...C.E.W. III was funny too...you just didn't want to hate him all the time like you did with Frank

I always thought it was when Radar left and Klinger stopped wearing women's clothing. it just wasn't fun anymore.
  • WendyTerry420
    Options

I think the show gets better every season. Can't wait for Tuesday!
  • WendyTerry420
    Options
    I gotta disagree with all the Scrappy Doo hate as well. Scrappy always made me laugh, "Let me at 'em! Let me at 'em!"