fibroid tumor getting a hysterectomy

Options
13»

Replies

• Mangolassi260
    Mangolassi260 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have a 10 cm submuscosal fibroid. Had 2 myomectomies years ago, twins by C-section in 2008. Was on IUD, but had it removed in Sept. after 5 years. My doc says the submucosal could cause problems with heavy bleeding. I'm 44. Cycles were weird after IUD removal, but I started taking Vitex in eary Dec., which is supposed to regulate hormones and shrink fibroids. My doc recommends hormonal treatment to prevent heavy bleeding, but after hormonal IUD not crazy about going down that path again. Contemplating hysterectomy but keeping ovary (I only have one left). Advice?
  • albagiusy
    albagiusy Posts: 1
    Options
    I had an UFE about 2 years ago for three small fibroids, two years noticed my menstrual cycle being regular sharp every 28 days, however my bleeding very heavy the first two days than stopped for 1-2 days and then coming back and last for at least 10 days spotting pain wasn't bad like the first time after check up it was found two fibroids of cherry size.... At this point doctor told me that I can either do the removal of the fibroids with the chance that it may coming back or the laparoscopic assisted davinci hysteroctomy leaving in the ovaries, remove the uterous Fallopian and cervix. I'm nervous on now which decision I need to take and as far healthy food to eat after the surgery?