A BITE HERE, A LICK THERE.....(FOOD + CALORIES RELATED)

Options
charliex2202
charliex2202 Posts: 4,281 Member
One thing that I have realised since i started using Mfp is that its all the little things that add up like mints, sweets, a taste here a lick there etc.. these are the things that I don't realise at the time can push my calories for the day higher....

for example I'm currently sitting here mindlessly munching on some tic tacs whilst typing stuff up I just went to log it and its nearly 100 calories i have just wasted on tic tacs lol ok granted 100 calories isn't a lot but i'm sure for that amount i could of had something a bit more substantial than tic tacs oh well at least i have fresh breath lol ....

Is anyone else the same? what i call a mindless muncher like me?? What are your bad logging habits

~Charlie

Replies

• HawkeyeTy
    HawkeyeTy Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    Did you eat 50 tic tacs?
  • charliex2202
    Options
    lol i think its about 36 per pack and my youngest empties them all into one sweet tin so possibly like i say i was engrossed in my typing......

Its so easy to munch though I was just curious what are other peoples downfalls?
  • Shazza401
    Shazza401 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    nutella from a spoon as Im passing the food cupboard, and granola by the handfull!! easy to add 300 calories without thinking!
    i have just thown to tins of sweet on top of the kitchen cupboard so i can reach them, Im not going to get a chair, im just not quite that bad :-) YET!!!!!!
  • charliex2202
    Options
    Lol you sound just like me, except I go to extremes I put things on the top shelf and then hide the step ladder so no matter what i cant reach...only problem is i then forget where i put the step ladder which is a doh moment when i need to change a lighbulb etc

Nutella doesnt float my boat I do the same but with peanut butter on a spoon i blame the film "Meet Joe Black" for that bad habit lol..
  • coretemp
    coretemp Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    a little trap I fall into sometimes is going 200-300 over at 1:00 a.m. then counting 100-150 of that as breakfast. When it accumulates and goes over 500, I go for an extra 7-12K run
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers call them BLT's (Bite, Lick or Taste) and you log them as 1 point. I try not to keep stuff like that around. I am guilty of them damn peanut butter pretzels. I log them in my diary every morning before I eat anything. That way they are already accounted for because no matter where my calorie count is, I WILL eat them!
  • paladinmfp
    paladinmfp Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Oh! I do peanut butter too! Or, I did. I don't keep any in the house anymore.:ohwell:
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options
    Weight Watchers call them BLT's (Bite, Lick or Taste) and you log them as 1 point. I try not to keep stuff like that around. I am guilty of them damn peanut butter pretzels. I log them in my diary every morning before I eat anything. That way they are already accounted for because no matter where my calorie count is, I WILL eat them!

that's the problem with Weight Watchers. There are too many things that are 1 point or 0 points, without taking into consideration how many calories they have in them. Soup is a zero? I've yet to find a zero calorie soup. And a spoon of peanut butter as 1 point? Again, that's about 200 calories, give or take. Do that twice in a day and you can blow your total.
  • charliex2202
    Options

those peanut butter pretzels sound yummy never heard of them..i dont know much about weight watchers im the kind of person that believes that you shouldn't have to pay cash for weight loss tips or advice but that's just me lol...
  • Sinisterly
    Sinisterly Posts: 10,913 Member
    Options
    I totally didn't log my vodka calories. I don't even know how many calories in each shot!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:
  • doug_pierce
    Options
    I totally didn't log my vodka calories. I don't even know how many calories in each shot!!! :sad: :sad: :sad:

I can't see any calories in my vodka so they must not exist.
  • mccindy72
    mccindy72 Posts: 7,001 Member
    Options

vodka is a lower-calorie liquor, especially unflavored. If I remember correctly, it's about 60-80 calories per shot. Bacardi is about 100 calories per shot and Captain is about 150.
  • charliex2202
    Options

Lol gotta love it tho in my opinion alcohol should be calorie free as moderation is no fun :tongue:
  • ItsMeGee3
    ItsMeGee3 Posts: 13,254 Member
    Options

Lol gotta love it tho in my opinion alcohol should be calorie free as moderation is no fun :tongue:
    Great news.....Alcohol never has any caloric values on Friday! I am an expert of this.
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options

Great news.....Alcohol never has any caloric values on Friday! I am an expert of this.

I was told it was all days of the week that end in "Y"

I trust my source, she wouldn't lie.
    :laugh:
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,526 Member
    Options
    Grazing is my biggest downfall! How do you control it??
  • charliex2202
    Options
    still finding a solution to that one too..... munchies and picking at things....are still my downfalls