What's Your Idea Size in Jeans or Clothes???

Options

Replies

• JustYandy
    JustYandy Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Currently size 10 maybe? 29w/32L would like to be a size 8 ....lowest I have been was size 5 and that was kinda too small for me I wouldn't want the wind to blow me away
  • njean888
    njean888 Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I wear a 4 now but since the holidays I'm closer to a 6. I think 4 is my ideal size. I've been as small as a 0 (I'm only 5'2) but everyone thought I had an eating disorder.
  • rondaj05
    rondaj05 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I don't care as long as I look awesome.

I agree!! :flowerforyou:
  • rkehrberg123
    Options
    My sizes have jumped back and fourth for a few years now between a 13 and a 9. I would like to at least get back to a size 9 but my goal is to eventually get down to a 5 or 6.
  • OregonRunner5
    OregonRunner5 Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I want to be a size 12 and maintain that indefinitely. I'm a 14 / 16 at present so I think I can do it. The holidays haven't helped and I gained back four pounds. I've gotten down to an 8/10 before and was very skinny - but typically I'm a 12 ever since high school. I think I just need to drop back to that number and work on staying there.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Jean size depends so highly on brand that setting goals by it is pointless. I happen to like the way American Eagle jeans fit me. I'm in their size 4 right now and happy with it. I'd like to drop a little bit more fat from the thighs, love handles, and stomach though. If that drops me to a size 2, I'll be sad because then I'd have to buy new jeans.
  • jhellwig828
    jhellwig828 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I'm in a comfortable 10 now, down from a 12 (a few 14s) when I started. I would love to get into an 8 but I'm not sure how they'll work lengthwise (I'm 5'6"). I don't hate being a 10 but I still have some weight to lose before I get to my goal so we'll see!

Oh, and I want to not hate myself in a bathing suit. That's almost more important than a jean size to me.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    12. I don't want to be tiny I just want to be fit. Side benefit - It would be nice to not always have to wear the biggest size in the store.
  • KnM0107
    KnM0107 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I can go to 3 different stores and fit 3 different sizes so it is hard for me to pick my "ideal" size. My size right now is size 6 thru 10 depending on the brand (US sizes). Size 10's tend to be a tad loose, but work great for work pants. I would like to lose another inch in my waist and hips, but I am happy with my size now.
  • hopefaithlove24
    hopefaithlove24 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    0-2, used to be a zero, dream dream dream that I'll get back there:), 6 now!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I agree as long as I look great, don't care too much about size. I'm a 4-6 depending on brand. In Junior's I'm a 7 or a 9. I guess I wouldn't mind being a comfortable 4 (which I am in a dress). I tend to wear Junior's more often though, which is kinda weird since I'm almost 38. I just don't have the hips necessary for misses cuts. Anyway, a consistent 5-7 would be nice.
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    I'll be happy fitting perfectly in the 6s I bought... they're still a bit tight.

Of course it doesn't mean anything, you realize that? All brands have different sizing, and depending on your bone structure and height, you could be severely underweight and still not fit in 0s.
  • Gingerspice45
    Gingerspice45 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am at a size 16 right now but anticipate when I get to my goal I will be between a 6 and 4.
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    As long as I'm in the single digits that's good enough for me. Started in a 13 (Mudd brand jeans) now in an 11. Isn't it maddening how its a different size depending on who makes it? As soon as I can get in a 9 it's all gravy for me. Anything past that is just icing on the cake :) (don't you love the food metaphors? LOL)
  • RozayJones
    RozayJones Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I am currently a 13 and am pushing to be back into my size 9 jeans! I honestly don't want to go much smaller than a 7 if it comes to that.
  • mzco14
    mzco14 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Wel I praise God I went from a 24W to a 14/16 R. Now my next goal is to get to a 8 R. Will I ever be statisfied No but its a start !!
  • sweetpea03b
    sweetpea03b Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    I agree as long as I look great, don't care too much about size. I'm a 4-6 depending on brand. In Junior's I'm a 7 or a 9. I guess I wouldn't mind being a comfortable 4 (which I am in a dress). I tend to wear Junior's more often though, which is kinda weird since I'm almost 38. I just don't have the hips necessary for misses cuts. Anyway, a consistent 5-7 would be nice.

Me too. I'm 28 and I shop more in the juniors dept.... the clothes seem to fit me better even though I have to buy a larger size.
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Started barely able to button a 26 lying down (i think I was probably a 30, but 26 was the largest size at the store) and now I'm a 10. 8 has been my goal. I have huge muscles in my legs (yay me!) and I don't think they will fit anything smaller than an 8, so I think my goal is a good one for me. :)
  • elijahmom1978
    Options
    Currently squeezing in a size 16 and would love to be back in a size 8!!
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    At goal I was in a size 10 and loved how I looked. Currently in a 12, so I'm shooting for a size 10 again. I'd love to be an 8, but don't know if I'll go that much farther once I get back to goal. My goal is 150 but it'll really probably be about 145 so that I can have a maintenance cushion :)