The 'Beyond Diet' program, any thoughts?

Options
Have any of youever heard of this, or tried it?
It is advertised on MFP as one of the advertisements on the right side of your screen,
I watched their video and they make perfect sense, but I thought I would ask around
first before giving my money to them haha.

Replies

• DJJW
    DJJW Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I hate the word diet, and giving people my money. Smart eating, exercise........but I have not looked into it, so i'm only a one sides answer
  • shadowlydarkness
    shadowlydarkness Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm the same: diets dont work fo me as they cannot be maintained in the long term, and I dont like aying for stuff if I dont have to... But, their programm seems very different and definitly intresting, which is why I was wondering what you guys thought ;)
  • reneeot
    reneeot Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    I hate the word diet, and giving people my money. Smart eating, exercise........but I have not looked into it, so i'm only a one sides answer

Definition for diet: 1.what person or animal eats: the food that a person or animal usually consumes.

so when people say they don't like diets...any way you choose to eat is " a diet"

:flowerforyou:

Find what works for you and stick to it. I haven't heard of beyond diet. But if its about eating healthy foods and in appropriate portion. I'm sure it will work! I hope you get some positive feedback on it!
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    It is indeed about healthy eating :)
  • dbarazandeh
    Options
    I have been doing the Beyond Diet program loosely for maybe 2 years now and really love it. It isn't really a diet, which is why it's called what it is. It's a whole way of eating that is super healthy and simple and doesn't involve you buying pre-made packaged meals or anything. Just real food - hormone and anti-biotic free, grass-fed beef, organic fruits and veggies, etc. it is about eating the right foods and making it all yourself. Of course you can do this without paying whatever it costs, but most of us aren't doing that and haven't gone to the trouble to research everything the woman Isabel has researched. She looks into everything, from the health hazards of soy and agave (I thought those were ok initially) to what kind of salt to use. I think it's a noble way to make a living and am happy to pay her for it with the little fee for the program. I've never bought into a diet before so can't speak to others, but I can't praise this enough. It probably sounds like I work for them!! But no I don't. I hope you find what you need to get healthy in 2013!
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    I have been doing the Beyond Diet program loosely for maybe 2 years now and really love it. It isn't really a diet, which is why it's called what it is. It's a whole way of eating that is super healthy and simple and doesn't involve you buying pre-made packaged meals or anything. Just real food - hormone and anti-biotic free, grass-fed beef, organic fruits and veggies, etc. it is about eating the right foods and making it all yourself. Of course you can do this without paying whatever it costs, but most of us aren't doing that and haven't gone to the trouble to research everything the woman Isabel has researched. She looks into everything, from the health hazards of soy and agave (I thought those were ok initially) to what kind of salt to use. I think it's a noble way to make a living and am happy to pay her for it with the little fee for the program. I've never bought into a diet before so can't speak to others, but I can't praise this enough. It probably sounds like I work for them!! But no I don't. I hope you find what you need to get healthy in 2013!

When you only have one post, it does look rather suspicious...
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    real food - hormone and anti-biotic free, grass-fed beef, organic fruits and veggies, etc.
    ...She looks into everything, from the health hazards of soy and agave (I thought those were ok initially) to what kind of salt to use.

sounds like paleo/primal
  • Dariusbink
    Options
    This program is awesome if you stick to it. My wife has lost 32 lbs and I have lost 42 lbs. The key is portion sizes and logging in all of your foods consumed each day. We also exercise 3 days per week for about 45mins. The foods you eat can be easily logged each day. We love it and it is working for us. I went from 232 lbs to 190 in about 6 months.
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    This program is awesome if you stick to it. My wife has lost 32 lbs and I have lost 42 lbs. The key is portion sizes and logging in all of your foods consumed each day. We also exercise 3 days per week for about 45mins. The foods you eat can be easily logged each day. We love it and it is working for us. I went from 232 lbs to 190 in about 6 months.

I'm glad it worked for you guys! Keep it up :)
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options

When you only have one post, it does look rather suspicious...

I'm with you on this one.
    It is great that you have found a program that works though so keep it up!
    But if the 'beyond diet' program is so great, then why are you on MFP?
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    No fried foods? Yeah, I can still be healthy without the diet. Health has much more involved than just by what you eat. Genetics, exercise, getting enough rest, predisposition to not getting disease, environment, and mental health are just some of the others. If a diet forbade me from eating food that I actually enjoy eating, then I'd resent that diet. And resent doesn't bring me any happiness, which happens to be another healthy marker.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    No fried foods? Yeah, I can still be healthy without the diet. Health has much more involved than just by what you eat. Genetics, exercise, getting enough rest, predisposition to not getting disease, environment, and mental health are just some of the others. If a diet forbade me from eating food that I actually enjoy eating, then I'd resent that diet. And resent doesn't bring me any happiness, which happens to be another healthy marker.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Agreed :)
  • RedFeffer
    RedFeffer Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love this program. I like having my meal plans pretty much done for me, my shopping lists done for me, and the plan all right there. The food is nutitious (more than I have ever eaten in my life), as it is lots of fresh and organic (as much as possible) foods, including meat). It's clean-eating at it's best, no preservatives, no chemicals, just pure food to fuel your body. I have combined the the Beyond Diet meal plan with Jillian Michael's Body Revolution workout schedule, and so far so good! What can go wrong with clean eating and exercise? LOL NOTHING!! It is really just a plan made up by a smart woman who is highly educated in nutrition, and encourages you to put only the purest of foods into your own system. No gimmicks, nothing crazy. And the meals are really super delicious. Yumyumyumyumyum! LOL
  • shadowlydarkness
    Options
    Awesome, thanks for your feedback :)
    I'm glad it is working out for you :)
  • davidandlinda87
    Options
    I just started the beyond diet system and it teaches you a lifestyle to stick with and helps you get to your goal. It is definitely not a diet, for those that can't come up with meal plans it does it for you or gives you guidance in what to choose. It has shown me what foods work together that makes my metabolism kick in. I have only been on it for 5 days and my energy level has increased greatly,I have slept thro the night for 4 nights now which for me is a miracle. My husband and 10 year old son are also doing this and combined with exercise and cutting out all breads and sugars except natural sugars we have lost 18 lbs total. That's a whole lot of weight for 3 people in 5 days.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    It seems Beyond Stupid to me.

The diet program. Not you, of course.
  • funnygirl_10
    Options
    I have been following the Beyond Diet way of living for nearly 2 years ago and it has been the absolute best thing that I have ever done for myself and I will go so far as saying that it has saved my life. I work in the medical field and in September 2011 I had to take a break from caring for my patients and lie down due to a massive headache. Unable to move for nearly 30 minutes, a nurse asked to take my blood pressure. It registered at 220/108!! I knew that the problem wasn't as simple as a migraine. I come from a family with a long line of hypertension and sudden deaths due to massive heart attacks - attributed large in part to poor diet and obesity.

I was 40 years old, 5'5" and weighed 175 pounds. After being diagnosed with hypertension and started on blood pressure medication, I knew that this wasnt the way I wanted to live the rest of my life. I didnt want to carry on an old "family tradition". So on September 3, 2011, I started my journey with Beyond Diet. I too was skeptical about the $49 but I had no other choice. I had tried and failed on so many other diets.

Today, I am proud to say that I am a healthy 137 pounds, no longer on blood pressure medications and Beyond Happy! Learning how to eat and what to eat based on my metabolism type has been profound. Nearly all the foods layed out in the program can be purchased at your local grocery stores. Its really that simple. Learning how to pair certain foods together to acheive maximum weight loss is key and this "diet" makes it easy to follow. I work in an office where my colleagues have tried everything from Weight Watchers, The 21 day Diet, MediFast, South Beach, etc, etc and without sounding full of myself, I have been the ONLY one able to not only take the weight off, but KEEP it off.

Along with the diet, I incorporate 20 minutes of walking each day. Not running. Just walking. As time progressed, I found that I was able to walk faster and farther in the those 20 minutes which aided in my weight loss. I now have the sillouhette curves that I envied on girls in their 20s. I wish I could share this with the world, but I cant. So I thought I would share my story here and hopefully make a small impression in someone's life and help them acheive their goals and happiness. Trust me, it will be the BEST $ spent.
  • anzamosman
    Options
    I have been doing it for a week and find it convenient and effective. I have easily lost 1 kilo and feel I have saved a lot of time following a her plan rather than creating my own and logging it.
    She has allowed other suppliers to spam me which is disappointing. One of these is a protein supplement producer which does seem to go against her own nutrition principles. That's a real pity as it discredit hers in my mind.
    The meal plans are what I like most about the program but you only receive two weeks of these and then need to buy more or create your own based on a manual.
    One thing I will note - I am eating a lot and don't feel hungry and don't feel it is taking up too much time tracking calories.
    However I am curious to know whether my weight loss is a result of eating a higher amount of metabolic enhancing foods ( as she claims) or just a lower calorific intake of more filling foods.
    Either way in my opinion it's a genuine program and don't feel the 5
    $50 was ill spent.
  • MadMacMom0309
    MadMacMom0309 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My sidebar is advertising Bacon Cheddar Pinwheels using Pilsbury Crescent rolls ;)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!