110 Lost & 3 Consecutive Years on MFP today!!! PICS

Options
keeponkickin
keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
Today I have logged in 1095 consecutive days on mfp and I'm celebrating 3 years of a new me. I'll keep it short and sweet. I joined mfp a year after the death of my mom and knew if I didn't do something soon then my children would lose me too soon. I joined mfp and dug my heels in. I lost 100 pounds within 9 months and 110 pounds at the 1 year mark. I've now maintained that loss for two solid years. I've even kept the pounds off and maintained muscle mass while undergoing bilateral hip surgery (one in June and one in October of 2013). Sure I'd love to lose those last 15 pounds that bug me but I'm not complaining. I'm healthy, fit and strong. Oh, and no excuses for me. I'm type 1 diabetic, low thyroid and I still lose this weight naturally.

Stats I'm asked to share and now don't mind. I'm 5' 9" tall. Starting weight was 277 pounds. I was squeezing into a size 24 pants and a 3X shirt. I now wear a size 8 to 10 pants and a small / medium shirt.

I welcome new friends and this is a journey that is never complete, a race that continues to be ran and I'm here to encourage others along the way.

The beginning, January 2011
189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg

This is actually me over 10 years ago. I'm kindly told I look younger now. I beg to differ, but I'm certainly thinner! LOL
scan0014.jpg

fatfatfat.jpg

January 2012, one year mark and my daughter and I both fit into my once too tight size 24 jeans. BTW, we still fit into those jeans and a current picture is in my profile.
006.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ebb7b998-24f5-4714-b254-8c6c5c44a54d_zps19a805ac.jpg

This pic was taken two days ago. Still going strong.
ed163d6c-cf6e-4527-9513-eae2a7c35eb3_zpsddaa8a00.jpg

Replies

• Psalm17v22
    Psalm17v22 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic, what an accomplishment to have logged so many days in a row! Thanks for sharing your story with us.

God bless,
    Karen
  • Kamnikar64
    Kamnikar64 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    So happy for you! You look great and have a fabulous outlook on life.
  • thesimsisters
    thesimsisters Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look fabulous! Congrats to you :) I'm very impressed and want to say great job on not gaining weight with your surgeries!!! That is what got me this past year was my surgery, both the numerous pre-surgery problems and afterwards. So I know that is really hard to do. And can I just say, you look so incredibly happy :flowerforyou:
  • rachelpu07
    rachelpu07 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration. So happy for you :)
  • kathyesanders
    Options
    :smile: awesome job...Keep doing what your doing.
  • dawndovell
    dawndovell Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    FANTASTIC! Thank you for sharing. You did it!
  • j_ringsaker
    j_ringsaker Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Outstanding! I'm just getting back into things and I remember seeing your previous posts.

You rock!
  • mrsamanda86
    mrsamanda86 Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    You look amazing, and VERY healthy :) Congrats on your success in keeping it off, and all that hard work to have lost it to begin with!
  • muffinskya
    muffinskya Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Wonderful job, you are truly an inspiration!
  • Heather5424
    Heather5424 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful!!! Congratulations!!!
  • MGinAK
    MGinAK Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Way to Go!!! Thanks for sharing!
  • Illini_Jim
    Illini_Jim Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! Kudos to you!!!
  • laniesloves
    laniesloves Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Congratulations. You are certainly an inspiration!
  • ScientificExplorerGirl
    Options
    Outstanding! Thanks for the inspiration:flowerforyou:
  • trmcleodprime
    trmcleodprime Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on loosing 110 lb and keeping it off! Very Inspiring.
  • raw_meal
    raw_meal Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Nice!
  • mboromom
    mboromom Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is amazing!!!! You all are such an inspiration to us beginners!!! Congrats on your success!! You look amazing! I have a ton of questions!!!!
  • captmiddy
    captmiddy Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I would like to say that last picture makes you look horrible :wink: but that is the New England side of me talking. Great job, and consecutive days no less, I keep missing 1 day when I am on vacation and have to start all over again on building up my time.
  • ilovesparkle
    ilovesparkle Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Congrats! And you do look younger! :)
  • angelamangus1
    angelamangus1 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Amazing! Congratulation on your success! Love the picture of you and your daughter in your larger size pants! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!