110 Lost & 3 Consecutive Years on MFP today!!! PICS

Options

Replies

• kayveebee7
    kayveebee7 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Today I have logged in 1095 consecutive days on mfp and I'm celebrating 3 years of a new me. I'll keep it short and sweet. I joined mfp a year after the death of my mom and knew if I didn't do something soon then my children would lose me too soon. I joined mfp and dug my heels in. I lost 100 pounds within 9 months and 110 pounds at the 1 year mark. I've now maintained that loss for two solid years. I've even kept the pounds off and maintained muscle mass while undergoing bilateral hip surgery (one in June and one in October of 2013). Sure I'd love to lose those last 15 pounds that bug me but I'm not complaining. I'm healthy, fit and strong. Oh, and no excuses for me. I'm type 1 diabetic, low thyroid and I still lose this weight naturally.

Stats I'm asked to share and now don't mind. I'm 5' 9" tall. Starting weight was 277 pounds. I was squeezing into a size 24 pants and a 3X shirt. I now wear a size 8 to 10 pants and a small / medium shirt.

I welcome new friends and this is a journey that is never complete, a race that continues to be ran and I'm here to encourage others along the way.

The beginning, January 2011
    189520_10150152684986255_604361254_8053061_8088690_n.jpg

This is actually me over 10 years ago. I'm kindly told I look younger now. I beg to differ, but I'm certainly thinner! LOL
    scan0014.jpg

fatfatfat.jpg

January 2012, one year mark and my daughter and I both fit into my once too tight size 24 jeans. BTW, we still fit into those jeans and a current picture is in my profile.
    006.jpg

Untitled.jpg

ebb7b998-24f5-4714-b254-8c6c5c44a54d_zps19a805ac.jpg

This pic was taken two days ago. Still going strong.
    ed163d6c-cf6e-4527-9513-eae2a7c35eb3_zpsddaa8a00.jpg

The jeans picture made me cry. I can't wait for me and my daughter to fit in my jeans!!
  • dfvanzee
    dfvanzee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You are an inspiration to me. I just started my journey in September but have lost 34 pounds. I was a bit heavier than you when I started. I look forward to being a success story like you.
  • Oliviamarie05
    Oliviamarie05 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    You are amazing, you look fantastic and you have inspired me today!
  • nodellsj
    nodellsj Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    you are an inspiration and your daughter is so lucky to have you!
  • heatheraugust03
    heatheraugust03 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm a mom of 3 and need help!

I had my last so a year ago and now know I need to knock this weight off! I have always been the "big one". A couple of years ago my mother lost a huge amount of weight. She inspired me at the time, but then, got into that slump of feeling sorry for myself! As everyone's new years resolutions is "losing weight", I am one of them and sticking to it!
    I came back to MFP on January 1st, 2014 and have been on here everyday doing my logs. My problem is that I'm an extremely picky eater and can not seem to not get over that. I have been seeing that I don't eat as many calories than I should, but see everything else going to the limit.
    Everyone has truly inspired me on here! As I read some of your stories in tears, I wish and dream for myself it has made me more stronger than I have ever been. I need lots of encouragement and friends to help me through this and to be serious as I am! Please help me through this...

January 1st, 2014
    lbs. 227.8

January 10th, 2014
    lbs. 222.7

Thank you all and God Bless
  • TanyaGirl76
    TanyaGirl76 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    You look awesome!!!

Great job!!!!!!
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, glad you're living a healthier lifestyle.
  • furniem
    furniem Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Wow! Congratulations! Yes you do look younger, and happier!
  • CJisinShape
    CJisinShape Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    :drinker: *applause* BRAVO! *applause* :drinker:

You inspire me!

:smile:
  • goingtodoitin14
    Options
    OMG!!! Good for you!! What's the secret???
  • tyediri
    tyediri Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    WOw! That is incredible and so inspiring.
    And let me say, not only do you look unrecognisable in that new body, your skin looks more radiant, you look so much happier and I agree, you look much younger than you did 10 years ago!

Well done you!!! :D
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,507 Member
    Options
    Wow you kicked *kitten*!

Great job

And I must agree you look younger (and more importantly, HAPPIER) than you did 10 years ago.

Again, great job!
  • ajmartin0215
    Options
    You look amazing!! What an inspiration!
  • mtlmama
    mtlmama Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Wow simply amazing!
    You did the work and now you a proof that anyone can do it as long as they set their mind on the goal and never give up!
    Thank you so much for sharing your story!
  • jlstead
    Options
    You are such an inspiration. Thank you so much for sharing. It's a great help.
  • bobkat80
    bobkat80 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    WOW! You are such an inspiration to me!

I love your Yankees t-shirt (GO YANKEES!). Are you a transplanted New Yorker?

Also, if that's your son on your ticker, what a cutie!
  • ekztawas
    ekztawas Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    AMAZING! Congratulations. Looking back makes it all worth it, right? I love the transformation through the pictures (except the Yankees t-shirt. :tongue: ).
  • marye2021
    marye2021 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Such an inspiration and encouragement! Thank you for posting and sharing!
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone. It's been an amazing ride and I'm ever so grateful I got my head screwed on right and changed my life.
  • Rebecca1552
    Options
    You look incredible!! Congrats on your success and thanks for posting your story!! :smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!