Replies

• GhostriderMav
    GhostriderMav Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    impressive job BL Mark
  • LesaDave
    LesaDave Posts: 1,480 Member
    Options
    Wow, a HUGE CONGRATS to both you and your wife!! And please send my thanks also to the people who you gave your thanks to (telling you about mfp, your inspirations, etc). You all have lost LOTS AND LOTS of weight!!
    Doing my happy dance!! (laughed at the "boney butt" part. teehee)
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    You are AMAZING!!
  • mamma_nee
    mamma_nee Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Absolutely amazing !!! Thank you so much for sharing !
  • davadoto
    davadoto Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Great story, thanks for sharing. Great tips in there for me. More than a diet success story: a lifestyle change, one step at a time. Congrats to both your wife and you.
  • faely
    faely Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    waaat?! You mean depriving myself of everything I love to eat for the rest of my life isn't the way?!?! Blasphemy!

Awesome, awesome job, congrats to both of you :drinker:
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    waaat?! You mean depriving myself of everything I love to eat for the rest of my life isn't the way?!?! Blasphemy!

WHOOZAH! :drinker:
  • JimBarnhartMN
    JimBarnhartMN Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Nice job! Your and my path are pretty similar, I'm A LOT older and a little bit taller, and I do more exercise so I can focus a little less on diet. I share many of your DO's and Dont's and my *kitten* gets sore often too.

I need to go shopping for round 3 of clothing that fits. And my wife seriously thinks I need a new wedding ring that I can wear.
  • shrinkingbrian
    shrinkingbrian Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I really identified with your story. In Feb 2012, I weighed 405 pounds and two years later, I'm at 190 pounds (6-0 in height, age 39). I started walking for exercise and then added lap swim and lifting weights. I'm married with 2 kids and with a new baby on the way. I also sit behind a desk. Now, I try to be a lot more active doing different things. Swimming and lifting weights are my favorite exercises.
  • vanessalillian82
    vanessalillian82 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I'm glad it's not just me that doesn't set goals! I used to, but I became so disheartened when I didn't meet my goal. So now I set it to Maintenance and just aim to be below it. Prefably by quite a bit, but at least if I'm at or under Maintenance then I have confidence that I'm not going backwards.

Congratulations on your progress :)
  • Sunshine2plus2
    Sunshine2plus2 Posts: 1,492 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love that you listed your "donts". Lots of people think they have to cut out everything they love and that is where most people get tripped up! You look amazing!!
  • WallyH4EverVersion
    WallyH4EverVersion Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you and to your wife!! :smile:
  • BL_Mark
    BL_Mark Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Congrats! I love that you listed your "donts". Lots of people think they have to cut out everything they love and that is where most people get tripped up! You look amazing!!

Thank you and so do you! 99lbs is an awesome loss as well!! I don't believe in "easy/quick fixes"... like I've said before... it took 15 years to put on so it's not gonna come off overnight.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!