Chicken thighs

Options
124»

Replies

• tomomatic
    tomomatic Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Do you like Indian/Pakistani BBQ Chicken?

1 box Chicken Tikka spice from Shan Spices.
    1 Tablespoon Ketchup
    1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
    1 cup of plain yogurt or plain sour cream. (Yogurt is better)
    3-4 lb's of chicken thighs.

Skewer the meat with those long sword like skewers. These get hot pretty quickly and this will ensure that your meat cooks thoroughly in the middle. Grill on Med Heat for about 45 minutes. Rotate every 10 minutes.

If it's too spicy for you, then only use 1/2 the box of the Chicken Tikka spice.
  • Josalinn
    Josalinn Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    bump ideas
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Do you like Indian/Pakistani BBQ Chicken?

1 box Chicken Tikka spice from Shan Spices.
    1 Tablespoon Ketchup
    1 Tablespoon Garlic powder
    1 cup of plain yogurt or plain sour cream. (Yogurt is better)
    3-4 lb's of chicken thighs.

Skewer the meat with those long sword like skewers. These get hot pretty quickly and this will ensure that your meat cooks thoroughly in the middle. Grill on Med Heat for about 45 minutes. Rotate every 10 minutes.

If it's too spicy for you, then only use 1/2 the box of the Chicken Tikka spice.

That sounds good. I love Indian food. I'll keep this one in mind for sure.
  • ccsmiller
    ccsmiller Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    these recipes look great!
  • TONYAGOOCH
    TONYAGOOCH Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    This is what I made

Honey Soy Chicken Thighs
    4 1/2 lbs of boneless skinless thighs
    3 TBSP Seasame Oil
    3 TBSP Soy Sauce (low sodium)
    5 TBSP Honey
    2 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
    1/2 tsp ground ginger

Stir all ingredients together besides chicken. Add and coat chicken with sauce mixture. Let marinade in the refigerator for at least 30 minutes. Place chicken and marinade in either a large skillet or dutch oven. At this point you can either bake at 375 or cook on the stovetop. I cooked mine on the stovetop in a dutch oven turning occassionally until the chicken was cooked through. It was very good. I served it over rice and sauteed broccoli slaw.
  • blameitonpickle
    Options
    The all-time BEST pan-roasted chicken thighs!!

Super crispy skin, and the flesh is juicy and moist and flavorsome. Goes great with any side dish or salad. Sooo easy to make.

Ingredients: 4-8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (based on size of thighs and your pan)
    1 Tbl. Canola oil, or similar
    Salt and pepper

Pat all the chicken thighs dry with paper towels- don’t skip this step or you’ll get splattering while cooking. Salt and pepper both sides. Preheat oven to 475.

In a large oven-safe saute pan (ceramic coated cast iron works great), heat 1 T. oil over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. When oil is shimmering-hot, place thighs skin-side down in pan, so they're nice and snuggly, and let them saute 2 minutes at that heat. Reduce heat to medium, and continue cooking chicken skin side down, occasionally re-arranging chicken thighs and rotating the pan so heat is distributed evenly, until fat renders and skin is golden brown, about 12 minutes.

Transfer pan to oven, keeping chicken skin-side down, and oven-roast for 12 minutes more.

FINALLY: flip chicken in pan, and continue roasting until skin is extra-crispy and meat is fully cooked; about 5 minutes.
  • MorgueBabe
    MorgueBabe Posts: 1,188 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup plain yogurt (fat free), 1 Tablespoon Paprika, 1 tablespoon mined and peeled fresh ginger, 1 garlic clove minced (I used 2), 1 teaspoon curry powder, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, 1/4 teaspoon saffron threads(or turmeric), 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/4 ground black pepper. Mix ingredients,put them in a ziplock bag - add 4 (1/4 pound) skinless and boneless chicken thighs. squeeze out air. refrigerate turning occasionally. Leave in at least 8 hours.
    Preheat oven to 450. Place on roasting rack. Spray with nonstick spray. (Sprinkle with salt and pepper now not in marinade but I'm too lazy to change the top) Cook at least 22-25 minutes.
    They say to discard the marinade - but I just take the extra marinade and I place in the water I use to boil the rice.
    (On the older WW system one thigh was 4 points)